Trudeau government at pains to explain Pacific Northwest LNG

Trudeau a phony? This surprises you? That's not what I'm reading. I'm reading their denial is based on whether all climate scientists agree on how to address the issue and their competence in addressing it given their lack of training or credentials in economics or public policy initiatives.

There is plenty I don't like about Trudeau but I don't have an obsessive derangement about him either like some on the right. When it comes to the environment, yes, I had higher hopes. Not because of the Liberal name, but because he' young, has small kids, and I thought if any PM in recently history of Canada would have a strong environmental consciousness, it would be someone like him.

As for your interpretation of Poochy/TimG, I disagree but even under your pretext, it still doesn't change the fact that we made commitments based on certain assertions and ideas.

If there is now a question of the credibility of these assertions, WTF did we put up such a showmanship pretending to go along with them?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is plenty I don't like about Trudeau but I don't have an obsessive derangement about him either like some on the right. When it comes to the environment, yes, I had higher hopes. Not because of the Liberal name, but because he' young, has small kids, and I thought if any PM in recently history of Canada would have a strong environmental consciousness, it would be someone like him.

Why would you think he doesn't have a strong environmental consciousness? Because he's been persuaded that political reality requires that they not completely suppress resource extraction and development or the public will toss them out on their collective asses and bring the Tories back?

As for your interpretation of Poochy/TimG, I disagree but even under your pretext, it still doesn't change the fact that we made commitments based on certain assertions and ideas.

Chretien made commitments, too, and did nothing to live up to them. Liberals tell you what you want to hear. Again, this is not news.

People need to realize we don't produce enough of GHG to worry about. Even harpers numbers cant be touched, and the libs know that except McKenna. And on that 97% scam, only a few scientists filled out that form.

And with all these conditions I have feeling the pipeline co will come back and say it is not feasible.

There you go, cover all your bases.

Liberals bad because they approved

Liberals bad because they put in conditions

Liberals bad because they are left (handed)

Liberals bad because they are right handed

Liberals bad because....

Poochy and TimG are denying the claim that scientists pretty much unanimously believe CC is human caused. That's a different discussion all together.

Gawd. Can you stop being such an ideologue and try listening to what people are saying instead of making up crap to rationalize your ideology. I have never said that climate change is not human caused. I am pointing out that the policies being pushed by various climate activists are ineffective, expensive and pointless.

Never...ever? You didn't spend years years saying just this very thing before finally grudgingly and kicking and screaming all the way admit that yes AGW was happening?

Nope. 20 years ago I was saying that warming is unavoidable because we have no economically viable options and that GHG targets are an idiotic policies because they only encourage the creation of scams that benefit rent seekers while doing nothing about CO2. 10 years ago when I started to actually read and understand the scientific basis for climate change I confirmed that the science behind the premise the human emitted CO2 is changing the climate is on a solid foundation. I also discovered that the science behind the various predictions of disasters is mosty smoke mirrors. Edited by TimG

Nope. 20 years ago I was saying that warming is unavoidable because we have no economically viable options and that GHG targets are an idiotic policies because they only encourage the creation of scams that benefit rent seekers while doing nothing about CO2. 10 years ago when I started to actually read and understand the scientific basis for climate change I confirmed that the science behind the premise the human emitted CO2 is changing the climate is on a solid foundation. I also discovered that the science behind the various predictions of disasters is nothing but smoke mirrors.

I know what you mean. I'm a denier simply beacause I deny we'll fix it.

I know what you mean. I'm a denier simply beacause I deny we'll fix it.

Certainly not with carbon taxes and schemes, and certainly not while much of the third world is putting up coal fired power plans as fast as they can... many of them aided by borrowed money coming from the Chinese international bank Canada just joined and contributed money to.

Do you run out and loot during a crisis because "everyone else is doing it"? The mob mentality.

No, and I also don't put a lot of effort into bailing out a boat with a tablespoon while water is flooding in through gaping holes in the bottom.

Edited by Argus

Do you run out and loot during a crisis because "everyone else is doing it"? The mob mentality.

Are you one of those people that thinks that if only we would shut down the oil sands, everything will be ok?

I'm one who thinks that shutting them down would send a signal that at least one already fabulously wealthy energy superpower is serious about contributing less to the problem.

But even if you're only in it for a penny when you're already rich and don't really need the pound...you just look like a grasping greedy moron.

I'm one who thinks that shutting them down would send a signal that at least one already fabulously wealthy energy superpower is serious about contributing less to the problem.

But even if you're only in it for a penny when you're already rich and don't really need the pound...you just look like a grasping greedy moron.

I'm one of those that thinks such a signal would be ignored, and ultimately pointless as others (who don't have such stringent regulations on pipelines and emissions and such) move to fill the gap, because people will still want to stay warm, eat, and fill their gas tanks.

I also believe that if we are to stave off extinction, the only answer will come from improved technology, which will come from research and development, which will come more from an economy that is doing okay than one that is suffering.

(This of course, being because few are willing to take the obvious step of population control)

But even if you're in it to stick it to capitalists rather than any actual effort at reversing climate change you just look like someone who puts their irrational feelings about grasping greedy morons above the wellbeing of the planet.

Edited by bcsapper

But even if you're in it to stick it to capitalists rather than any actual effort at reversing climate change you just look like someone who puts their irrational feelings about grasping greedy morons above the wellbeing of the planet.

Good thing that's not what I'm doing then.

Impact, Canada produces 1.6% Ontario .04% of GHG , we can't really do much better without hurting everyone. I wish you would take your friends and move to china and do your protesting there, as long as they keep raising it ,it does not matter what anyone else does. I wish Canadian enviros would actually take some time and think about what is going on and quit trying to destroy this country.