Is pro-choice a rational position?

betsy

Pro-choice means support whatever choice a woman wishes to make, of which abortion is only one. Pro-choice organizations also provide information on contraception, and on STDs.

Read my response to BCSapper.

This, to me, seems a very loving thing to do, something of which Jesus would approve - certainly more loving than a bunch of self-righteous people shaming women who may already be suffering beyond your comprehension.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, right. For someone who doesn't believe in Jesus anymore, you sure mention Him a lot.

Whatever.

Edited by betsy

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What "science" starts a human life at conception? Is it the DNA in the cell? Then all human cells are human life, and spill a drop of blood (white blood cells) and you are committing murder. The embryo is nothing more than a parasite, unable to survive on its own. Yes, it may divide and grow for a couple of days before implanting in the uterus but unless it implants it will die. We can grow other human cells outside the body, the example of blood cells above is used to grow platelets outside the body with hope of helping people suffering from hemophilia and other conditions.

Yeah, right. For someone who doesn't believe in Jesus anymore, you sure mention Him a lot.

Whatever.

Don't gotta be a believer to know what's taught. But, no answer eh? Or perhaps you are heading off to offer some practical, loving, non-judemental help to the women who may be considering abortion?

Don't gotta be a believer to know what's taught. But, no answer eh? Or perhaps you are heading off to offer some practical, loving, non-judemental help to the women who may be considering abortion?

You gave an advice. What is there to answer?

Edited by betsy

Hah ... as a young girl, my mother engaged us in bible study, and the women sometimes talked about 'self-abuse'. It took me a while to realize what that meant, cause it sure didn't feel like 'self-abuse'.

A lot of women too, especially young women, are scared and confused, and sometimes all they need is someone to talk to.

?

Uh no. Sometimes all they need is a confidential clinic to help them out of a real mess. These clinics also offer counselling btw so they can absolutely find someone to talk to that doesn't judge them.

Perhaps that should be reflected in the title then.

b.t.w., I am still waiting for some science.

I've already given you scientific references that states human life begins at fertilization.

If you want details....research it yourself.

Edited by betsy

I've already given you scientific references that states human life begins at fertilization.

I am asking for science, you have so far provided zero science. If you think cell division is human life, then what about that drop of blood you spilled. How many human lives have you murdered?

But not viable human life, till somewhere around the 4th month.

Actually not viable until near end of term (about 35 weeks). The only reason we have younger babies surviving is due to heroic scientific advancements in life support. At the other end of the spectrum, we also have eggs being fertilized outside the fallopian tubes and allowed to divide for many hours in a petri dish before being implanted in the uterus. Perhaps one day we will have full term artificial incubation, although there are many hurdles to overcome first.

I wonder if Betsy is against fertility clinics that discard embryos, it happens all the time. They are politically correct and call them pre-embryos, but essentially they are fertilized eggs. According to Betsy, that is murder.

I wonder if Betsy is against fertility clinics that discard embryos, it happens all the time. They are politically correct and call them pre-embryos, but essentially they are fertilized eggs. According to Betsy, that is murder.

According to Betsy, some forms of birth control would be murder, as she states that life begins as soon as an egg is fertilized.

Don't believe in abortion?

Don't have one.

I don't believe in religion ...

Edited by jacee

But not viable human life, till somewhere around the 4th month. Until then, it's really only a potential human life.

No, he's still a human. Viability has nothing to do with it.

He may not be able to survive on his own, but his life began at fertilization. He is human from the time his life began!

Edited by betsy

Actually not viable until near end of term (about 35 weeks). The only reason we have younger babies surviving is due to heroic scientific advancements in life support.

So, you support killing people who are hooked up to machine for survival? They are a drain to our resources - they are non-productive that need to be looked after?

Edited by betsy