America under President Trump

4 hours ago, Omni said:

It doesn't matter who is buying from whom, the extra dough certainly has the appearance of greasing the wheels of the deal. And since it is the Trump's deal/ foundation then it must be the Trump formula.

4 hours ago, Omni said:

The two scenarios are quite different - I assure you that.

Regardless, am I to understand that you now see that the Clinton Foundation was just a wheel greaser for political favours?  

1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

The two scenarios are quite different - I assure you that.

Regardless, am I to understand that you now see that the Clinton Foundation was just a wheel greaser for political favours?  

Nope. Investigations have proven such finger pointing as unfounded.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Nope. Investigations have proven such finger pointing as unfounded.

OK, let me sort this out.

The Clintons can take donations and then give out contracts to those people - good!

A country buys $110B worth or arms with USA and tosses in a donation - bad!

2 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

The Clintons can take donations and then give out contracts to those people - good!

You'll have to redirect that question to the folks who did the investigations.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

You'll have to redirect that question to the folks who did the investigations.

The Clinton foundation helped millions of people all over the world by providing such things as healthcare. Hopefully Ivanka will carry on in kind.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

I did. Do some research and get back to us.

Answer it?  No, didnt think so!

Just like Dialamah, it takes about 2 questions to trip you up and prove your hypocrisy, to prove that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

1 hour ago, Hal 9000 said:

Answer it?  No, didnt think so!

Just like Dialamah, it takes about 2 questions to trip you up and prove your hypocrisy, to prove that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

•  

So, do you think this deal wouldn't have gone through if Trump hadn't personally pushed it through or do you think he threatened to block it if Ivanka's foundation didn't get a donation? If the answer is neither, what do you think the Saudis are expecting for their money in the future.

If the answer is either one, are  you in favour of our elected officials receiving "tips" for allowing foreign countries to do business in Canada?

Edited by Wilber

If a country (China, Japan, USA...whoever) buys $110billion - or even a $Billion from Canada in lumber or minerals and drops off a cheque for The Terry Fox foundation or Habitat for Humanity, then sure...Thanks for that.  That's just good business.  

Now, because you're still not getting it...somehow, If a country (China, Japan, USA...whoever) dropped off that cheque and then we signed a deal buying oil, or aircraft or plastics or coffee...whatever FROM THEM, then obviously I would take issue with that.

5 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

If a country (China, Japan, USA...whoever) buys $110billion - or even a $Billion from Canada in lumber or minerals and drops off a cheque for The Terry Fox foundation or Habitat for Humanity, then sure...Thanks for that.  That's just good business.  

Now, because you're still not getting it...somehow, If a country (China, Japan, USA...whoever) dropped off that cheque and then we signed a deal buying oil, or aircraft or plastics or coffee...whatever FROM THEM, then obviously I would take issue with that.

Didn't know Terry Fox was an elected official or government employee. You learn something new every day.

16 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Didn't know Terry Fox was an elected official or government employee. You learn something new every day.

It's a foundation, a charity - who cares which Canadian charity we're referring to.  If it's the fact that the charity is somehow connected to Ivanka (although, it's pretty much just her name they're using), then your love and support for all things Hillary (who is actually the one organizing the money for the Clinton Foundation), just simply places you in the same hypocritical conundrum as Omni.  

I'd like to think you're putting me on and not actually a ...however! 

Edited by Hal 9000

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

It's a foundation, a charity - who cares which Canadian charity we're referring to.  If it's the fact that the charity is somehow connected to Ivanka (although, it's pretty much just her name they're using), then your love for all things Hillary (who is actually the one organizing the money for the Clinton Foundation), just simply places you in the hypocritical conundrum as Omni.  

I'd like to think you're putting me on and not actually a nitwit...however! 

It's her charity, I'm not accusing her of profiting personally but she is the founder, it bears her name and she uses her position in government and relationship to the POTUS to solicit funds for it. 

Why would a government that is notorious for minimalizing women,  donate 100 million to a foundation dedicated to advancing women in society if it didn't expect to get something out of it?

6 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

just simply places you in the hypocritical conundrum as Omni.

I don't speak for Wilber but I'll go as far as to say I don't see either of us in a conundrum. Trump seems to be the guy who has got himself into a conundrum. Maybe he should stop flip flopping and develop some sort of coherent policy and then he wouldn't end up in what seems to be endless conundrums.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

I don't speak for Wilber but I'll go as far as to say I don't see either of us in a conundrum. Trump seems to be the guy who has got himself into a conundrum. Maybe he should stop flip flopping and develop some sort of coherent policy and then he wouldn't end up in what seems to be endless conundrums.

NO, you wouldn't see it - that's sort of the problem here.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Oh well, at least it's not our problem. Trump is corrupt. He screws his contractors. You may like him but I suggest never going to work for him.

Well, that's a different subject,  one i might agree with.  Until I see details, i'll stay out of it.

2 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Well, that's a different subject,  one i might agree with.  Until I see details, i'll stay out of it.

Until you see the details? That's funny. And who the hell are you? Go to google, type in "trump screws contractors" you'll have details coming out of your yin yang. It's not recent news by any means.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Until you see the details? That's funny. And who the hell are you? Go to google, type in "trump screws contractors" you'll have details coming out of your yin yang. It's not recent news by any means.

Well, that was rude.  All i'm saying is that before I wade into a topic, I do my research.  Unlike you, I don't take the media (any media) at face value. 

1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

Well, that was rude.  All i'm saying is that before I wade into a topic, I do my research.  Unlike you, I don't take the media (any media) at face value. 

Do your research then. Go to google and type in what I told you. 

Something tells me "trump screws contractors" is gonna come back somewhat bias.

That said, what I do know about business and business people is that in every community, the local businessmen are all considered "bad guys".  It's engrained in the fabric of our culture, every car dealer and land developer is considered scum, we give them nasty nicknames and make t-shirts where they adorn devil horns.  In Vancouver it was Jim Pattison, in New York - Donald Trump.  It's the same wherever you go.   And, much of it is probably true.  Donald Trump didn't get to where he is by losing deals or being sympathetic to his adversaries.  

I guarantee that it's better to be on Trumps side in a business deal than against him - this bodes well for the Americans.

18 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I guarantee that it's better to be on Trumps side in a business deal than against him

I guess that depends on your scruples, or lack thereof. Bill Gates made a lot of money as did Warren Buffet, and they both pay taxes and their bills. I'd much rather be on their side. But carry on, and my advice would be don't contract to Trump unless he pays you up front. 

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

I guess that depends on your scruples, or lack thereof. Bill Gates made a lot of money as did Warren Buffet, and they both pay taxes and their bills. I'd much rather be on their side. But carry on, and my advice would be don't contract to Trump unless he pays you up front. 

Well, Buffett is more of an investor and Gates is more of an inventor.  Trump is a developer - of course he has questionable deals on his resume.  Trump has spent his life dealing with shakedowns from labour unions and the mob, inspectors and other developers.  Yeah, it's not hard to criticize Trump, but you have to have a certain understanding of what people are...and especially why.