America under President Trump

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Yes, it certainly shows that he's a rookie. I'll give you that.

But in terms of using taxpayers' money to fund a lavish lifestyle, he's a quick study at some of the sleazier qualities of politicians. A $10 million travel budget in the first month is unprecedented. Obama spent $100 million over the full eight years back when Republicans complained about such things.

At that rate it will be 480 million for the term.

And he hasn't left the country yet. 

3 minutes ago, Wilber said:

I doubt many want to see him. May might be one but most Brits don't seem to agree with her. I suspect that will be true in many countries.

Yeah there was/is a petition signed by ~2 million last I checked against a full state visit by Trump but apparently May dismissed it. Her Majesty may not be amused. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

Yeah there was/is a petition signed by ~2 million last I checked against a full state visit by Trump but apparently May dismissed it. Her Majesty may not be amused. 

That's May's problem, she should have never offered the visit in the first place. Asking a new head of state this early in their mandate is unprecedented.

17 minutes ago, Wilber said:

What's up with Trump and Deutsche Bank?

Very cool, I should have tried that with my bank when I was carrying a mortgage (which I was in 2008 - paid off in 2011). Sorry Mr. Banker, I will not pay my instalment and further more you loaned me the money in the first place to increase your real-estate portfolio and you are responsible for the crash so therefore you must pay me back ten times the original amount you loaned me. 

Kushner, his mother and Ivanka are also Deutsche Bank clients but until I learn otherwise, I will assume they do pay their debts. Still, Trump's advisors are beholden to foreign banks.

There is no telling how much this man is compromised by banks, institutions and governments around the world, but his supporters will just ignore it all and blather on about Benghazi and Hillary's email server.

• Like 1

My picture was deleted.  For all those who didn't see it, it was funny, and very relevant to the post it followed.

It didn't need any added text, so I didn't bother. Most people would have "got it".

At least I finally realised what all those blue lines cropping up all over the place were.

Watch for one here.