Behavior Contracts Not For Sexual Assault

Big Guy

Sooo, if you suspect a certain woman was in a pink sheet that attacked you, just get wait till she's alone and beat the living shit out of her?

No, I'd get my wife to do it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The so-called rape epidemic on college campuses is fictional, made up by shrill leftist feminists, most of whom are lesbians.

A new report on sexual assault released today by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) ....

It is understood that more American references and statistics are the norm 'round here, but does anyone have any Canadian data on this topic ?

There will come a day that when the question "do you have protection" comes up, the answer will be "yes, and is your body-cam live and streaming too? People will negotiate behavior contracts before they get intimate not after. Notwithstanding the kinksters I'm sure most of our generation just won't get it but between the steady march of legal precedent and personal responsibility and the advent of greater miniaturization and implantable technology, people will be ill advised to go out in public without their recorders on.

Because women never lie and make stuff up to get back at a guy due to jealousy or a relationship gone bad or just insanity, right?

Some do. I've met a few of those personality disordered type. Women are better at detecting them than men. Typically they initially come across as the dependent and emotionally 'needy' type that men fall all over, but they're really emotional parasites and predators.

Take a lesson, fellas. Lol

Why have trials at all.

That was my point.

Of course, that works the other way too...

If a woman rapes a man you mean?

Yes, I'd agree ... but it's risky.

And I already got warned about "calling for violence" with this post so I'll just leave it at that.

It is understood that more American references and statistics are the norm 'round here, but does anyone have any Canadian data on this topic ?

It's also understood there's really not much as much difference between us as you think so why bother doing a study when someone already has? It's like wasting money on defence when you're already living under a nuclear umbrella.

It's also understood there's really not much as much difference between us as you think so why bother doing a study when someone already has? It's like wasting money on defence when you're already living under a nuclear umbrella.

Because just as many Canadians will smugly point out how much difference there is when it suits there purpose and ideology. But Justin Trudeau has explained it well....the United States is "definitional" for Canada. Maybe it is too expensive to study such things "north of the border".

Doubtful. Canadian bureaucrats are unlikely to release any stats that run counter to the progressive agenda.

To be fair, this whole 'college rape culture' started with your progressives. Our progressives are just following the lead of the Americans and parroting whatever they do and say which they figure must be fashionable.

There are no statistics which report this so-called 'rape culture' but that doesn't matter.

Only a liberal organization would lead with the headline:

Sex assault reporting on Canadian campuses worryingly low, say experts

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sex-assault-reporting-on-canadian-campuses-worryingly-low-say-experts-1.2948321

Edited by Argus

To be fair, this whole 'college rape culture' started with your progressives. Our progressives are just following the lead of the Americans and parroting whatever they do and say which they figure must be fashionable.

OK...but that is even more pitiful....and confirms what I have long maintained about "parroting" whatever the Americans are doing. More significantly, if sexual assault policy decisions in Canada are shaped by media and data from "south of the border", it just makes the United States even more "definitional". I have come to learn that this is the norm, at least for Anglo Canada, and it has always been thus. God bless Quebec.

But Justin Trudeau has explained it well....the United States is "definitional" for Canada.

oh, there you go again!

in your obsession with Canada... you continue to flog the "definitional thing" across many, many threads now... that "definitional" reference PM Trudeau recently made at the 'Canada 2020' conference! As stated in describing the Canada-U.S. relationship:

"For our American cousins, the relationship is consequential. For us, it has often been definitional."

in immediate follow-up Trudeau offered past and example aspects of that... definitional... relationship... "fishing rights, Auto-Pact negotiation, free trade, abstention from the Iraq War. Wow! That's what you're so intent in continuing to beat on? :lol:Why is Canada just so important to you?

The so-called rape epidemic on college campuses is fictional, made up by shrill leftist feminists, most of whom are lesbians.

A new report on sexual assault released today by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) officially puts to bed the bogus statistic that one in five women on college campuses are victims of sexual assault. In fact, non-students are 25 percent more likely to be victims of sexual assault than students, according to the data. And the real number of assault victims is several orders of magnitude lower than one-in-five.

http://thefederalist.com/2014/12/11/new-doj-data-on-sexual-assaults-college-students-are-actually-less-likely-to-be-victimized/

"The so-called rape epidemic on college campuses is fictional, made up by shrill leftist feminists, most of whom are lesbians." Are you sure? I'm pretty, pretty sure... that can't be found in the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) study (1995-2013) your linked blog article references - yes?

your extract quote is, of course, from a blog putting its own interpretation on the study. Let me suggest other studies/summations for your consideration:

the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) is itself a part of the U.S. Office of Justice Programs (OJP)... which, in turn, is within the umbrella U.S. Department of Justice. 3 affiliates of the U.S. National Institute of Justice (NIJ), itself also a part of the U.S. OJP have presented a more timely/current meta study assessment - Campus Sexual Assault --- A Systematic Review of Prevalence Research From 2000 to 2015

Abstract: Sexual assault is a pervasive problem on university and college campuses in the United States that has garnered growing national attention, particularly in the past year. This is the first study to systematically review and synthesize prevalence findings from studies on campus sexual assault (CSA) published since 2000 (n = 34). The range of prevalence findings for specific forms of sexual victimization on college campuses (i.e., forcible rape, unwanted sexual contact, incapacitated rape, sexual coercion, and studies’ broad definitions of CSA/rape) is provided, and methodological strengths and limitations in the empirical body of research on CSA are discussed. Prevalence findings, research design, methodology, sampling techniques, and measures, including the forms of sexual victimization measured, are presented and evaluated across studies. Findings suggest that unwanted sexual contact appears to be most prevalent on college campuses, including sexual coercion, followed by incapacitated rape, and completed or attempted forcible rape. Additionally, several studies measured broad constructs of sexual assault that typically include combined forms of college-based sexual victimization (i.e., forcible completed or attempted rape, unwanted sexual contact, and/or sexual coercion). Extensive variability exists within findings for each type of sexual victimization measured, including those that broadly measure sexual assault, which is largely explained by differences in sampling strategies and overall study designs as well as measures of sexual assault used in studies. Implications for findings and recommendations for future research on the prevalence of college-based sexual victimization are provided.

the U.S. Office of Justice Programs (OJP) presents a related April, 2016 article from these same 3 individuals: Studies Investigate Prevalence of Campus Sexual Assault

We systematically reviewed more than 100 empirical studies covering the range of prevalence rates reported in the last 15 years for various types of sexual assault on college campuses, such as physically forced rape, incapacitated rape, sexual coercion, and unwanted sexual contact.

We found that unwanted sexual contact and sexual coercion were the most common, followed by incapacitated rape and physically forced rape. The rates for each type of sexual victimization varied widely across studies, but one thing was clear: A substantial proportion of college students experienced sexual assault even in studies that found lower victimization rates.

OK...but that is even more pitiful....and confirms what I have long maintained about "parroting" whatever the Americans are doing.

No, just the progressives. The rest of us are smarter than that. We see the dumb policies this provokes and want no part of them. The progressives see and get all shiny eyed and think "I gotta get me some of that!"

Edited by Argus

No, just the progressives. The rest of us are smarter than that.

that's 2 posts in the span of minutes where you directly or indirectly refer to yourself as "smart"! :lol: Is your statement, a few posts back, "The so-called rape epidemic on college campuses is fictional, made up by shrill leftist feminists, most of whom are lesbians."... representative of your self-declared "smarts"?

you blasted forward with a mighty "officially putting to bed" statement/claim - I trust the meta-study (of more than a 100 studies) I put forward hasn't burst your 'smart bubble'!

Try posting something that's readable.

if you're having trouble with anything in particular, don't hesitate to ask for clarification. But really, c'mon... this is the best you can do? One would think you had more given your bold brash statement, "The so-called rape epidemic on college campuses is fictional, made up by shrill leftist feminists, most of whom are lesbians"

one would think you had more after linking to a blog and quoting the pronouncement, "officially puts to bed"! Clearly you thought you had that, "be all, end all" silver bullet study... yes you sure did! Why... that meta study I referenced actually includes your linked study among the 100 it reviews/analyzes. Are you having trouble reading the study abstract quoted or the article written by the same study authors... or both? Let me help you out brother - the waldo is here for you.

I'm still picking myself up off the floor after foflmao. And before the mods choose to delete this post, they need to ask how constructive the post was that I replied to. Edited by WestCoastRunner