Jump to content

Are we going to admit Universities are producing thin-skinned people?


Boges

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It's not that he doesn't want to try, it's just that social media firestorms, rabid protests, and university administration poltroon initiated firings that would follow should he get one wrong scare the willies out of him. 

If he constantly referred to a male student as "she," or a female student as "he," even after the student corrected him, he would face the same problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bonham mentioned shutting down the debate.  It sounded like he was trying to describe something unreasonable.

 

I wanted to know what the debate is, and how they shut it down.

 

If there is a conspiracy afoot, and people here know their methods then we are obliged to reveal them.  Like Islamists I assume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

If he constantly referred to a male student as "she," or a female student as "he," even after the student corrected him, he would face the same problems.

It likely wouldn't happen if those were his choices. He might get their names wrong once in a while. I hope there are councillors ready for that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

If he constantly referred to a male student as "she," or a female student as "he," even after the student corrected him, he would face the same problems.

The issue is not picking one of the existing pronouns. The issue is arrogant a**holes who think they can make up new words and force other people to use them. It takes a special kind of narcissist to believe they are entitled to special pronouns.

Edited by TimG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TimG said:

The issue is not picking one of the existing pronouns. The issue is arrogant a**holes who think they can make up new words and force other people to use them. It takes a special kind of narcissist to believe they are entitled to special pronouns.

Clearly you don't give a flying f*** about the issue. If you cared, you would try to see what it's like to be addressed by an improper pronoun. If you were honest, you would admit to yourself that it would bother the hell out of you for someone to constantly address you as a woman when you've told them you're a man.

Hell, if a poster here did that to someone constantly, they would be suspended for insulting/harassing users.

Edited by cybercoma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Clearly you don't give a flying f*** about the issue. If you cared, you would try to see what it's like to be addressed by an improper pronoun. If you were honest, you would admit to yourself that it would bother the hell out of you for someone to constantly address you as a woman when you've told them you're a man.

You seem to be missing the entire point. The issue is not about picking the wrong pronoun when the choice is he or she. I certainly have no issue using one a person prefers and I doubt the UoT professor has any is with that too. The problem is proliferation of bogus pronouns that self no purpose other than inflating the egos of infantile narcissists who think they are so  "special" that they deserve their own pronouns.

Frankly, if you want to pander to these delusional narcissists then that is your choice. But passing laws requiring that others  participate in this sham is simply wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, cybercoma said:

Who cares about pronouns, right? I'm sure Argus would have been totally fine with a colleague at work refusing to use "he," "his," and "him" and instead calling Argus by "her," "hers," and "she." If Argus doesn't like that, he can suck it up because free speech allows people to call him by whatever pronouns they choose, not the ones Argus prefers.

Pronouns are objective. What someone prefers is irrelevant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

No. I'm pretty sure you're missing the point if you don't think it's about using the wrong pronouns.

Well that is kind of pathetic. Deliberately leaving off the end of the sentence which explains my point and then claiming I said something I did not. What I actually said was:

You seem to be missing the entire point. The issue is not about picking the wrong pronoun when the choice is he or she.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TimG said:

Well that is kind of pathetic. Deliberately leaving off the end of the sentence which explains my point and then claiming I said something I did not. What I actually said was:

You seem to be missing the entire point. The issue is not about picking the wrong pronoun when the choice is he or she.

The choice isn't "he or she." I left the end off because it's stupid and ignores the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cybercoma said:

The choice isn't "he or she." I left the end off because it's stupid and ignores the issue.

Actually, the rest if the post addresses issue directly. You want to make this about being "sensitive to the feelings of others". It is not. It is about "stroking the egos of infantile narcissists". You may think that infantile narcissists don't deserve to have the feelings hurt and you are obviously free to do what every you want. But that does not justify laws to force others to share your obsession with pandering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TimG said:

Actually, the rest if the post addresses issue directly. You want to make this about being "sensitive to the feelings of others". It is not. It is about "stroking the egos of infantile narcissists". You may think that infantile narcissists don't deserve to have the feelings hurt and you are obviously free to do what every you want. But that does not justify laws to force others to share your obsession with pandering.

Are you an infantile narcissist for wanting to be addressed as "he"? Because I will start to address you as "she" from now on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cybercoma said:

Are you an infantile narcissist for wanting to be addressed as "he"? Because I will start to address you as "she" from now on.

Do you have trouble reading? It appears so. I said above that is not about choosing between he or she. It is about all the invented pronouns that are circulating. I said quite explicitly that is someone asked me to use "he" or "she" I would follow their preference. Where I draw the line is made up pronouns like zir or other such nonsense. If someone insisted on using a made up pronoun I would tell them to pick "he" or "she". If they still insisted I would ask why they are so arrogant to think they deserve a special pronoun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TimG said:

Do you have trouble reading? It appears so. I said above that is not about choosing between he or she. It is about all the invented pronouns that are circulating. I said quite explicitly that is someone asked me to use "he" or "she" I would follow their preference. Where I draw the line is made up pronouns like zir or other such nonsense. If someone insisted on using a made up pronoun I would tell them to pick "he" or "she". If they still insisted I would ask why they are so arrogant to think they deserve a special pronoun.

I'm more than happy to accommodate you, sweetheart. I'll be referring to you as she from now on, princess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cybercoma said:

I'm more than happy to accommodate you, sweetheart. I'll be referring to you as she from now on, princess.

You clearly have problems with reading comprehension. That probably explains many of your political positions.

Edited by TimG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

I'm sorry that you're not comfortable with recognizing that some people don't fit into a gender binary, little girl. But who f***ing cares about your sensibilities? Suck it up, buttercup. Political correctness is for pussies.

And other mentally ill people hear voices. That is not an argument for passing a law requiring others to pretend the voices are real.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Objective how? Do you put your hands down people's pants before choosing what pronoun to call them by?

It's fun how that's the thing that you always seem to want to do. In the real world, we have more tact. Yes, some people lie. And nope, you won't always know if someone is pretending to be something that they are not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TimG said:

And other mentally ill people hear voices. That is not an argument for passing a law requiring others to pretend the voices are real.

Listen sweetheart, you're the insufferable narcissist with the mental illness, if you flat out refuse to acknowledge that not everybody fits into pink blankets and blue blankets. And who's talking about passing laws? The issue is with a professor harassing students by calling them by the wrong pronouns, like I'm going to do with you from now on until they ban me permanently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,764
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    robretpeter42
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...