Another Terrorist Attack in Canada

Being denounced by other Muslims and kicked out of some mosques has nothing to do whether it is Islamic terrorism.

And no, he did not just say 'Allah'. Per police, he said "Allah told me to come and kill people". If you don't accept that as Islamic motivation, then do tell, what is?

If he said

"God told me to come and kill people",

would you call him a Christian terrorist?

Or would you call him a nut case?

If he said

"God told me to come and kill people",

would you call him a Christian terrorist?

Or would you call him a nut case?

I'd call him a Christian nutcase. This guy was an Islamic nutcase.

Edit> I suppose. I haven't looked in a couple of days.

Edited by bcsapper

Don't spoil what? He started this thread to short circuit the usual crowd......and it seems to have worked.......barely a peep from the boiler plate statements.

I'm surprised there isn't an outcry that BG is using another form of censorship (sarcasm) to promote hate.

What absolute tripe. I'm surprised at you.

BG made the OP because no one else had and he wanted to scream Islamophobia very badly.

I'd call him a Christian nutcase. This guy was an Islamic nutcase.

Edit> I suppose. I haven't looked in a couple of days.

Was he a Christian terrorist?

Was he a Muslim terrorist?

Is this religious terrorism

or delusional mental illness?

Edited by jacee

Was he a Christian terrorist?

Was he a Muslim terrorist?

Is this religious terrorism

or delusional mental illness?

Well, I'm on record here as admitting I have no idea what terrorism means any more. If he had a goal in mind, the furtherance of which guided his actions, maybe. Who knows?

Edited by bcsapper

It would be best if you used an emoticon to display your sarcasm - it was "tongue in cheek", was it not? But your sarcasm is misplaced - I have no opinion poll to support it but I do not detect any "fear" in Canadians - I think we're all pretty comfortable/satisfied (if that's the right word) with how law enforcement is keeping an eye on things....

Thank you.

...and the rantings of Racism and Islamophobia ring hollow in the face of one undeniable fact - only a microscopic number of Muslims are terrorists - but an overwhelming number of terrorists are Muslims.

Or ... is it that we only call it terrorism if they claim to be Muslim and they say "Allah told me to do it"?

If I yell "Jesus Christ" and lop a head off on a bus,

am I a Christian terrorist?

Or a nut case?

Thank you.

Or ... is it that we only call it terrorism if they claim to be Muslim and they say "Allah told me to do it"?

If I yell "Jesus Christ" and lop a head off on a bus,

am I a Christian terrorist?

Or a nut case?

If you were trying to establish a worlldwide Christian Caliphate equivalent you would. If you weren't, it wouldn't let your religion off the hook.

I remember lots of non muslim terrorists.

Edited by bcsapper

The political correct elite just hate the word terrorist. A guy screams about allah talking to him and stabs people. I don't care if he is nuts or not, it is a terror act.

Really PIK?

Some guy yells "God made me do it"

In a different language

And he's a terrorist?

What if he says it in English?

"God told me to do this"

Is he a Christian terrorist?

Really PIK?

In a different language

And he's a terrorist?

"God told me to do this"

What's your point? They would be either a terrorist or a nut. Couldn't care less if they were Christian, Muslim or Rastifarian.....the obvious truth just happens to be that the vast majority of terrorist acts in today's society are carried out in the name of Islam. I have no doubt that if thousands of Christians were trying to carve out a homeland by lopping off heads - they would be called Christian Terrorists. Don't you agree?

Really PIK?

In a different language

And he's a terrorist?

"God told me to do this"

But... he didn't say "Alllah told me to kill" after stabbing people on the street or at his workplace or where he lived. He went to one of the few places in Toronto he could find Canadian military people and attacked them. Do you really think this is coincidental to ISIS calling on its adherents to attack police and military in their homelands?

• Like 1

If it turns out he's mentally unstable, hears voices in his head or is generally crazy, then he's not a terrorist.

If he is sane and rational and wanted to stab Canadian soldiers because Jihad!! then he's a terrorist.

I'm guessing door #1, but don't know for sure. Make sense to everyone?

If it turns out he's mentally unstable, hears voices in his head or is generally crazy, then he's not a terrorist.

If he is sane and rational and wanted to stab Canadian soldiers because Jihad!! then he's a terrorist.

The problem is, Jihad requiring stabbings pretty much means mentally unstable anyway. All terrorists, from the Baader Meinhof gang through the PLO and the SLA to the IRA have been mentally unstable. It comes with the territory. It's no excuse. If he was really nuts, he would have just killed the first person he met.

So it's not necessarily one or the other. It could be both.

Edited by bcsapper

I agree.

The problem is, Jihad requiring stabbings pretty much means mentally unstable anyway. All terrorists, from the Baader Meinhof gang through the PLO and the SLA to the IRA have been mentally unstable. It comes with the territory. It's no excuse. If he was really nuts, he would have just killed the first person he met.

So it's not necessarily one or the other. It could be both.

Don't think so. "Allah told me to stab someone" is different from a person who says "Stabbing people will achieve a political end I/my group desires". If the only definition of terrorism is that a person attacks or kills another because God told them to, then a lot of former mere fruitcakes have graduated to terrorists.

As much as I agree that killers of any kind are irrational at some level, terrorists possess some rationality: they don't attack because of direct communication with some Diety, but rather claim that the their actions are approved by some higher power or justified by the nobility of their ultimate goal.

Don't think so. "Allah told me to stab someone" is different from a person who says "Stabbing people will achieve a political end I/my group desires". If the only definition of terrorism is that a person attacks or kills another because God told them to, then a lot of former mere fruitcakes have graduated to terrorists.

As much as I agree that killers of any kind are irrational at some level, terrorists possess some rationality: they don't attack because of direct communication with some Diety, but rather claim that the their actions are approved by some higher power or justified by the nobility of their ultimate goal.

I agree. That's why I have no idea what terrorism means anymore. If Allah told him to stab someone, did Allah also tell him who to stab, and why? If not, why not just stab anyone? If so, to what end? One could assume there is a possibility his actions might have been, to him, a part of the larger struggle.

Terrorists attack because they have a goal, true, and are happy to see you and me die to move them towards that goal, even if only by an angstrom. That in itself is indicative of lunacy, but we can't go excusing them all because they are mad, as we do with some criminals. Still, there is nothing in the rules that says that goal can't come from their perception of a directive from a higher power. It's still terrorism, whether the goal is a worldwide Islamic Caliphate or a united Ireland.

But he's Muslim, so I don't understand. Can you go over it again? I thought all Muslims who commit crimes are terrorists. Are you telling me this isn't the case? I'm confused.

But he's Muslim, so I don't understand. Can you go over it again? I thought all Muslims who commit crimes are terrorists. Are you telling me this isn't the case? I'm confused.

You only think all Muslims are terrorists because all non Muslims think all Muslims are terrorists.

What's your point? They would be either a terrorist or a nut. Couldn't care less if they were Christian, Muslim or Rastifarian.....the obvious truth just happens to be that the vast majority of terrorist acts in today's society are carried out in the name of Islam. I have no doubt that if thousands of Christians were trying to carve out a homeland by lopping off heads - they would be called Christian Terrorists. Don't you agree?

My point is that calling them 'terrorists' seems to depend on whether they are Muslim and say 'Allah'.

Then it's nonsense to say 'most terrorists are Muslim' ... because we only call them terrorists if they are Muslim.

• Haha 1

My point is that calling them 'terrorists' seems to depend on whether they are Muslim and say 'Allah'.

Then it's nonsense to say 'most terrorists are Muslim' ... because we only call them terrorists if they are Muslim.

You might. I'll call them terrorists if they are Irish, too.