Are Sexy Restaurant Outfits a Human Rights Issue?

Boges

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you're not talking about a brothel instead of a restaurant?

Why would you say that? Do you view things as either asexual or prostitution with nothing in between?

This is quite the spin.

Please elaborate.

-k

Why would you say that? Do you view things as either asexual or prostitution with nothing in between?

Please elaborate.

-k

No, I think that's your opinion.

Don't you think this male Patron was up sold from a burger to a steak dinner by the professional, courteous service delvered by the bartender or hostess instead of their cup size?

Don't you think this male Patron was up sold from a burger to a steak dinner by the professional, courteous service delvered by the bartender or hostess instead of their cup size?

Probably should make this a poll. I vote cup size 8 times out of ten.

If he just wanted a burger and courteous service he could have gone to Perkins' and saved some money. He went to an upscale restaurant because he wanted to be a big deal for an hour. Going to Perkins for a burger and a Coke is something that our Saturn driving paper shuffler would normally do... But he wanted to live a little for a change.

If he goes into a restaurant with a sexy atmosphere and leaves feeling better than he did when he went in, what's wrong with that? Why would you want to take that away from him? If he bought a steak instead of a cheeseburger that is his choice. He's a grown man and can spend his own money however he wishes. He doesn't need the Upright Citizens Brigade to watch over his choices. And I find the comparison to a brothel quite ridiculous.

-k

Here is a man having an 'experience' at a Cactus Club in Vancouver:

According to a judgemnt posted online, Coley told a manager Brissette touched "the lower part of the side of her butt for about a second" while she was standing next to him at one point in the evening.

She claimed he also called her 'Kitty-Kat".

"I also find that Mr. Brissette and others in his party called Ms. Coley 'Kitty-Kat' throughout the evening and that made her uncomfortable although as she says, she did not consider it to be inappropriate, 'until the night transpired and other events happened.'"

The poor man (an executive with Ledcor) has spent 70-80k defending his name.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/ledcor-vp-fighting-cactus-club-over-inappropriate-touching-statement-1.3498477

Show me the a law/statute that says Molly Maid cannot require employees to wear low cut tops.

EDIT: BTW, I just read Molly Maids dress code and they are going for a clean professional look. That's not because the laws force them too though, its because they chose too.

Here's a house cleaning company that's doing something different.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/06/sexy-maids-and-butlers-spice-up-domestic-chores

You're going to have to give up the argument that these type of uniforms/codes would not be allowed in other industries.

The basis of these lawsuits is sexual discrimination because the men working in these restaurants are not subjected to a sexualized uniform.

So if Earls said upfront in the job interview, it would be OK?

Don't you think most places would discuss this with potential employees?

You should define what you specifically mean by "transparent".

Yes a uniform is explicit and without room for interpretation.

It's different than a dress code which sexually discriminates (the basis of the lawsuits launched against these restaurants).

Here is a man having an 'experience' at a Cactus Club in Vancouver:

The poor man (an executive with Ledcor) has spent 70-80k defending his name.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/ledcor-vp-fighting-cactus-club-over-inappropriate-touching-statement-1.3498477

So the restaurant stood up for the employee, and the jerk-face lost his court case. Sounds like a happy ending!

-k

I was in Earl's for drinks on Friday. Either they've recently reacted to this story or they've never been like the story portrays them.

Waitress was in black pants and a tank top. OMG!!!! Might as well be clear heels!!! :rolleyes:

Is it even sexist to ask staff to look very professional and as if they were going to a party?

These gender norms do exist even though some might want to have them ignored. Guys don't ever wear make-up, that's just the way things are. But women do.