Ontario says it's OK to smoke weed in public places.

Boges

That's what I think. But what's good for the goose...

I think it's just one more thing that highlights how ridiculous the government's approach to getting itself off the back of recreational users has been.

There were times and places you had to get doctor's note to buy liquor. How long did that nonsense go on, assuming it still isn't in places?

Can't allow one type of vaping while banning another.

We've put up with them disallowing every type of recreational drug use except one, so I'm not surprised they believe they can.

Apparently the province is reconsidering the policy now.

They'll probably come out with a requirement that people get a doctor's note before buying liquor.

Edited by eyeball

It was a mistake. That is what happens when you give the decision of initial policy to your cabinet.

It will be reviewed and rescinded.

No smoking of any kind in public places.

I think this is illogical non-sense but I think this goes along with a pattern for this gov't......avoid going to court at all costs. Harper wanted "liberals" to challenge his legislation for donations from his base. I believe Wynne is afraid court battles will lose donations.

They're afraid the "Medical MJ" lobby was going to constitutionally challenge them ("You don't make insulin injectors go outside......you're discriminating.") so they thought they'd prempt it and sneak this along. They tried this with the teacher union payouts and blew up in their face......v2.0 here.

Yup, fair is fair, you have to let all people take their medicine in public spaaces otherwise you are a bigot.

I disagree. I know a number of people who have to give themselves periodic injections. None of them would consider doing so in public lest it offend or sicken others with needle phobias. I suggest that those who do require TCP inhaled would refrain from doing so in public to avoid irritating others or making this an issue.

There are a number of methods of self administering medicines that are not appropriate in public - from inhalers to adjusting colostomy bags.

I disagree. I know a number of people who have to give themselves periodic injections. None of them would consider doing so in public lest it offend or sicken others with needle phobias. I suggest that those who do require TCP inhaled would refrain from doing so in public to avoid irritating others or making this an issue.

There are a number of methods of self administering medicines that are not appropriate in public - from inhalers to adjusting colostomy bags.

The point is not to take advantage of but simply to have the equal footing....not that I agree with this. If you can inject your stomach with insulin at the table you somehow discount thei medical condition if they cannot have the opportunity to do the same. Maybe they can go to the john and smoke a bud next to the guy emptying his colostomy bag.