1000 sleeper cells in North America?

Topaz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I have here in my hand a list of two hundred and five people that were known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of the State Department." - Joseph R. McCarthy

When asked for the list he said he could not share it because of "National Security".

"I have here in my hand a list of two hundred and five people that were known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of the State Department." - Joseph R. McCarthy

When asked for the list he said he could not share it because of "National Security".

Somebody should have monitored his communications.

I believe there likely are sleeper cells in NA and all over the western world. I believe that intelligence knows where a lot of them are. But the question is, why are they allowed to remain? Of course, because our Constitutions prevent us from assuming guilt and no one can be arrested for what he is likely to do.

Shortly after 9/11 it was aired that a certain Mosque in Montreal was recruiting youth for terrorism. There were flicks on tv of the RCMP surveilling the Mosque and listening to what was being said inside. As usual the stories were never followed up, just left to fall by the wayside and be forgotten

So the next question is, if intelligence has known that sleeper cells and recruiting stations exist, why hasn't there been an amendment to the law to make it possible for anyone known to be connected to terrorists to be arrested, interrogated and possible detained or deported?

Why can a law be passed to require internet site providers to report and block any user who is engaged in promoting and/or recruiting for terrorism? I haven't visited any such sites myself but I have heard enough about them to believe that they are operating freely. Freedom of speech does not wash in this matter. It is against the law to promote hate or incite to riot which is what sites like that do. So why are they allowed to operate?

Anyone got answers?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there likely are sleeper cells in NA and all over the western world. I believe that intelligence knows where a lot of them are. But the question is, why are they allowed to remain? Of course, because our Constitutions prevent us from assuming guilt and no one can be arrested for what he is likely to do.

Shortly after 9/11 it was aired that a certain Mosque in Montreal was recruiting youth for terrorism. There were flicks on tv of the RCMP surveilling the Mosque and listening to what was being said inside. As usual the stories were never followed up, just left to fall by the wayside and be forgotten

So the next question is, if intelligence has known that sleeper cells and recruiting stations exist, why hasn't there been an amendment to the law to make it possible for anyone known to be connected to terrorists to be arrested, interrogated and possible detained or deported?

Why can a law be passed to require internet site providers to report and block any user who is engaged in promoting and/or recruiting for terrorism? I haven't visited any such sites myself but I have heard enough about them to believe that they are operating freely. Freedom of speech does not wash in this matter. It is against the law to promote hate or incite to riot which is what sites like that do. So why are they allowed to operate?

Anyone got answers?

The best thing to do when you have a line on nefarious types is keep monitoring them, and see who associates with them. If you got rid of the ones you were aware of it would make it harder for you to find out who all the new ones were. So you wire tap them, read their emails and texts etc for a few years and then when the time is right you get a clean sweep.

You also need the zeitgeist to go along with arrests to give their sentences some oomph. If you arrested people before anything bad ever happened the political will would not exist for long-term incarcerations. If 30 guys were nabbed while the Harper gov't was in power and stuck in jail for twenty years each the liberals on this site would have gone apoplectic.

, if intelligence has known that sleeper cells and recruiting stations exist, why hasn't there been an amendment to the law to make it possible for anyone known to be connected to terrorists to be arrested, interrogated and possible detained or deported?

There once was a PM who dared people to just watch how far he would go with regard to suspending civil rights in the face of possible terrorists among us. Maybe we need a leader like him.

What do you think would have happened if 30 anti-abortionists had their guns seized because of what they might do?

I imagine the action would be applauded, if surveillance showed they were actually planning to do something. I would applaud it, certainly, and I wouldn't stop at just confiscating their guns.

There once was a PM who dared people to just watch how far he would go with regard to suspending civil rights in the face of possible terrorists among us. Maybe we need a leader like him.

Best thing he ever did. I don't think fils has it in him.

Maybe.

What do you think would have happened if 30 anti-abortionists had their guns seized because of what they might do?

I don't honestly give a crap what happens to people who are actually in the planning stages of committing murder. They could be racists, religious fanatics, anarchists, whatever. If the proof exists that they are up to no good they should go away for a long time.

I don't really understand what difference it makes to you and me if they are anti-abortionists. Plz explain?