Name the next CPC and NDP leaders

hitops

He's a young, good looking Quebecer. Ring a bell? All he's lacking is a family dynasty.

He's also lacking good ideas. For example, his climate change denial. That alone will make him unelectable.

He's also lacking good ideas. For example, his climate change denial. That alone will make him unelectable.

What would make him unelectable at this point is not so much his policy ideas but the fact he is a Conservative. That goes for any Conservative who wins the leadership of the party.

Why?

Because the activists are taking over and that is what they want. They want to be as far from mainstream as they can and just be a protest party. That is just my opinion.

I think the Conservatives are going to lose the next election, and need to ride out the heady early years of the Trudeau regime and protect what they have. I'm not sure a Quebecer is the guy to do that.

I dont think so. It not just trudeau but the people that he surrounded himself with could bring them down. And Dion as foreign minster , huge mistake. Canada is back alright, back to being in denial.

Climate Change is kind of low on the priority list for most Canadians.

Possibly... but denying the science has gotten to be a thorn for the CPC. They did a 180 at their convention... Denying science makes you look like a dinosaur... or worse... a Harper. Unelectable.

Possibly... but denying the science has gotten to be a thorn for the CPC. They did a 180 at their convention... Denying science makes you look like a dinosaur... or worse... a Harper. Unelectable.

Possibly. But jumping to embrace solutions that won't work, will cost a fortune, and will hinder the economy don't exactly make you enlightened.

Climate change was not what cost Harper the election and it was not what got Trudeau elected.

Edited by Argus

But do his ideas speak to Quebeckers or will they just be to distracted by his good looks to care?

Actually the only Quebec Prime Minister that had strong support within Quebec was Brian Mulroney. While Trudeau got the highest support of all parties in Quebec, it was still lower than the support he received in the rest of Canada.

I mean, not really, it did open him up to prettyboy attacks, though some of that was self-induced.

Many Canadians, especially the younger set, probably did not follow the campaign closely enough to be clued in on the so-called "prettyboy attacks". I suspect what did make the rounds in social media are pics of Trudeau's biceps around the time he duked it out with Brazeau.

Edited by capricorn

Despite the millions Stephen Harper spent trying to do just that with his "good hair" messaging.

The hair advertisements were actually pretty good. They weren't as crass or mean-spirited as American-style attack ads, but still managed to get across the message that Trudeau is a vapid twit.

I've never been convinced that the Canadian electorate ever really embraced Trudeau, the election result was mainly a rejection of both Harper and the NDP. The Liberals are very beatable in 2019 if the Conservatives can get through this leadership race without fracturing the party.

He's a young, good looking Quebecer. Ring a bell? All he's lacking is a family dynasty.

Are you telling me CPC voters are so vacuous that they would vote for someone simply because he's young, good looking, and from Quebec? Because if you think that's why people elected Trudeau, you're going to be pretty baffled when he continues to be re-elected parliament after parliament.

I'm still surprised nothing was ever said in the campaign about Harper's hair and its dubious authenticity.

This is unbelievable. You're surprised that people's hair wasn't a focus of political debate about the leadership of our government.

Talk about the Much Music generation, Jesus.