Horrific Results of Obama's Failure in Syria

....And instead of Americans paying billions to maintain a presence in the ME, they are now paying Iran billions to not develop nukes, since that strategy was so successful with NK.

Not instead...Americans will still be paying many billions in military and economic foreign aid to nations in the ME.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's being reported today that Russia is targeting US backed rebels in Syria to support Assad. Also Cuban and Iranian troops are on the ground in Syria. Recently Obama said in a news conference that he would not let the Syrian conflict turn into a proxy war between the US and Russia. So he's giving Putin a green light to light it up without any possible consequences on the table. It's jaw dropping.

Edited by sharkman

The problem is any intervention you dreamed up would just make things worse... again. And the question is... is it really in the US's best interests to borrow money from China to fight unending wars in the middle east. We are talking about trillions of dollars here. And US interests in the region have changed now. Its much much less dependant on oil from the region.

Exactly, the US interests have changed and policy should follow suit.

No thanks to GW Bush's wasteful wars - but thanks to the shale revolution.

Lets see the ME, and Russia, adapt to this new world order - which I don't think is going to turn out so well for them since they want to use a hammer for every little problem they have.

It's being reported today that Russia is targeting US backed rebels in Syria to support Assad. Also Cuban and Iranian troops are on the ground in Syria. Recently Obama said in a news conference that he would not let the Syrian conflict turn into a proxy war between the US and Russia. So he's giving Putin a green light to light it up without any possible consequences on the table. It's jaw dropping.

Kinda sorta....the U.S. has already seen this movie with Cubans in Angola decades ago.

No its really not, and the US should not be backing those rebels in the first place. Anything we do to compromise Assad helps ISIL. It was a policy mistake for the US to have a goal of removing both of those organisations at the same time. Its probably a policy mistake to back the removal of the Assad regime AT ALL. The guy is a dick, but if he falls he will probably get replaced by people that are worse. And the entire reason we have ISIL to contend with is because we toppled Saddam and put an Iranian backed shia government in charge.

So go after Russia.

Going after Russia's bastard is like going after a women who wears a niqab. It completely misses the point.

Carter left a huge mess to clean up, it wasn't exactly easy.

Bush Sr left a mess.

Clinton left a mess.

Bush Jr left a mess.

Obama will be leaving a mess.

This is the track record people, and yet many will be cheering whoever is POTUS next without understanding it will just get worse. I predicted this under Obama and I was right.

---SNIP---

This is the track record people, and yet many will be cheering whoever is POTUS next without understanding it will just get worse. I predicted this under Obama and I was right.

Well, Obama is doing something different. He is abandoning the Middle East, for all intents and purposes. This is leaving a power vacuum which Russia is filling. It's a game changer. Edited by Charles Anthony
[---SNIP---]

Well, Obama is doing something different. He is abandoning the Middle East, for all intents and purposes. This is leaving a power vacuum which Russia is filling. It's a game changer.

The power vacuum was created under Bush Jr, but has been a 20 year process. Obama did not leave anything, he was never there to begin with.

He pulled the soldiers out of Iraq, which sure later helped Isis. He threatened a response in Syria and then pulled back. I'm pretty sure he sent in a fleet and then pulled them back as well. He's been distancing himself from Israel's side since 2009. That all adds up to Obama leaving. Bush Jr did not create a power vacuum.

He pulled the soldiers out of Iraq, which sure later helped Isis. He threatened a response in Syria and then pulled back. I'm pretty sure he sent in a fleet and then pulled them back as well. He's been distancing himself from Israel's side since 2009. That all adds up to Obama leaving. Bush Jr did not create a power vacuum.

Soldiers were pulled out Iraq on the schedule negotiated with the Iraqi government by Mr Bush. The Iraqi government refused to extend it.

What helped ISIL was invading Iraq in the first place, putting an Iranian proxy in charge, and disenfranchising millions of sunnis.

Bush Jr did not create a power vacuum.

Yeah thats exactly what he did.

Did you know that the Iraq government has switched sides and is now in a coalition with Russia, Syria and Iran and is using American weapons against ...?

The power vacuum was indeed created under Bush. Hussein was taken out, army and police disbanded, which led to violence between the sects previously kept in check (brutally might I add). But I would believe it is harder under ISIS than it was under Hussein.

Check your recent history if you care to understand anything.

I guess you don't think that having the American military hunting down and shooting criminals was any kind of a power? It's who the bad guys were spending all their energy on. When they left Isis started to grow and get stupid ideas about a caliphate. But it's all debatable and I'm not going to try to debate anybody on that, believe whatever suits you. I'm simply saying here that Obama's term has been a disaster for the ME.

And now we see that he's reversed himself on pulling out of Afghanistan. I'm not arguing the merits of staying or going. I'm simply saying he's reversed himself there, while not having the smarts to see that Iraq and Syria are going down the toilet. It makes me wonder what makes him tick.

I guess you don't think that having the American military hunting down and shooting criminals was any kind of a power? It's who the bad guys were spending all their energy on. When they left Isis started to grow and get stupid ideas about a caliphate. But it's all debatable and I'm not going to try to debate anybody on that, believe whatever suits you. I'm simply saying here that Obama's term has been a disaster for the ME.

And now we see that he's reversed himself on pulling out of Afghanistan. I'm not arguing the merits of staying or going. I'm simply saying he's reversed himself there, while not having the smarts to see that Iraq and Syria are going down the toilet. It makes me wonder what makes him tick.

They werent hunting and killing them, they were PAYING them. 80 thousand sunni "terrorists" were getting paychecks from Uncle Sam, because attempts to defeat the insurgency militarily were a dismal failure.

And the power vacuum was created by taking a very well entrenched baathist regime and replacing it with an Iranian proxy that the Sunni population does not recognize. What you see today is a result of that policy.

I'm simply saying that Obama's ME efforts have been a disaster.

Maybe on a scale starting down from apocalyptic on through catastrophic to disaster. Where Obama would be near the bottom third that represents disaster and Bush is close to the line between catastrophic and apocalyptic.