• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is broader than that.

I know that you Harper supporters keep trying to get it killed because you don't like to be reminded just how disgraceful Harper's rule has been.

At this point I'm so disengaged from the vitriol. Most of these posts I'm just rolling my eyes. I MUCH prefer to have an engaged discussion where the left and the right can discuss something without shitting on each other.

Meanwhile, back to the topic at hand.

Stephen Harper is so unpopular in East Vancouver that people were threatening to boycott a brewery where he held a rally.

@RedTruckBeer My team and I will no longer be purchasing beer from your brewery. Shame, because your lager is amazing.
3:31 PM - 8 Oct 2015

Have you ever asked yourself what the point is with the mud slinging? I don't participate in that thread about Trudeau either. Seriously, what good does it do? It's not an intellectual discussion either.

Look. There's a reason why so many people are talking about strategic voting this election. Harper has alienated most of Canada with the crap he's done. And he's responsible for so many unethical, disgusting actions that it's hard to keep track of all of them. So, that's what this thread is for. If you don't like it, there's lots of other threads that might appeal to you better.

Harper may be a self-proclaimed economic boy wonder. But somehow his platform violates WTO rules.

“Non-compliance is a legislative function of the CBSA, not the CITT, for one thing. And the CBSA, based on the statute, has extensive investigatory and enforcement procedures available to it if there’s been circumvention. So I don’t know what this means. It certainly doesn’t square with the legislation,” Goldman said.

“As a trade lawyer who’s been practicing before the CITT and the CBSA for 20 years, I have absolutely no idea what that means.”

You would think that since the Conservatives have waited until the last minute to release their platform, at least they could have ensured that it made sense.

Edited by ReeferMadness

How can someone be legally responsible for NOT doing something? Besides I am sure there must be statute of limitations right? http://www.isitlegalto.com/threads/40453-Should-PM-Stephen-Harper-be-prosecuted-for-manslaughter-or-only-human-righst-abuse-related-to-Iraqi-organ-transplant-kids?p=59061#post59061 Besides, Harper is not the reincarnation of Adolph Hitler. Using the word "foreigner" relating to new Canadian residents does not make him a racist.

Edited by Truth Or Dare

We supposedly live in a democracy but lately some would argue a plutocracy or oligarchy. After I read this http://www.alternet.org/world/whats-his-problem-70-ways-canadas-prime-minister-has-assaulted-democracy-and-lawI wonder just how much privileges a state leader should have. Where do you draw the line?

Edited by Truth Or Dare

Unfortunately, King Stephen has grown bolder, secretive, and arrogant with each passing year and that is why he has become his own worst enemy as many people have been pointing out. No one incident is enough to disqualify him as a national leader, but cumulatively they cannot be ignored, even if am banned for saying so. http://www.alternet.org/world/whats-his-problem-70-ways-canadas-prime-minister-has-assaulted-democracy-and-lawSeriously, nobody is perfect, and nobody ever expected Harper to be perfect. But its not unreasonable to expect the guy to be a little humble, honest, and compassionate.

Given the Conservatives abandonment of science, many of you might have come to the conclusion that it is no longer relevant in Canada. For those of you who still think science is a good thing, there is a national debate today on CBC's Quirks and Quarks. Representing the CBC will be Gary Goodyear. Seriously, I'm not making this up.

Tune in to see if he claims the world is 6,019 years old.

We supposedly live in a democracy but lately some would argue a plutocracy or oligarchy. After I read this http://www.alternet.org/world/whats-his-problem-70-ways-canadas-prime-minister-has-assaulted-democracy-and-lawI wonder just how much privileges a state leader should have. Where do you draw the line?

Oh, this is topical - and worrisome.

Stephen Harper's Conservatives have made federal elections a gladiators' arena where anything goes -- unless and until you are caught, that is. Here are 17 times his team violated election laws or ethics.

Giller winning author Joseph Boyden calls out Harper for US-style politics.

Giller prize-winning author Joseph Boyden said Stephen Harper’s comments on niqab issues are “race-baiting” and he compared Harper’s policies to Nazi Germany. Speaking to Evan Solomon on SiriusXM’s radio program Everything is Political, Boyden called the Tory efforts to ban the niqab “fear-mongering to the lowest common denominator.”

It reminds me of the worst of American politics.

Edited by ReeferMadness

Who cares? I bet you can get Neil Young to say something self-righteous too. Doesn't mean it's any brighter than your own whining.

It must be depressing when almost all of the independent, smart people say that your guy is a race-baiting scum. I can see why you find it easier to push your head further into the sand than think for yourself.

Now Harper is interfering with the legal system and inciting fear of the mentally ill.

Schoenborn's lawyers, along with two of the country's foremost experts on mentally ill offenders, strongly object to the ad.

"It's just wrong for Mr. Harper to use Mr. Schoenborn's case to obtain political leverage in an election,'' said lead counsel Peter Wilson in an interview. "Mr. Schoenborn's been made the posterboy.''

Politicians rarely speak publicly about a case while it's before the courts.

Isn't it funny how the Conservatives, who refuse to comment, when their own are in front of the courts don't have a problem with it when it's to their political advantage.

Just another example of Harper's disgusting behavior.

It must be depressing when almost all of the independent, smart people say that your guy is a race-baiting scum. I can see why you find it easier to push your head further into the sand than think for yourself.

I am no Harper fan but do you really believe that 'almost all' independent smart people think Harper is a race-baiting scum. You spend a lot of time and energy attacking his supporters. Why not just focus on the issues.