Stripping citizenship.

PIK

No link. But listening to ''experts'' on the radio and were talking about harper's law of stripping citizenship. Well it turns out that law has been a law since 1867, supported by all liberal and conservative governments. It was even supported by the old CFF ,but did not like it when it was used against commies. It was used against Nazis and the commies. So for people to say that this is all about harper ,well it is not.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good thread, to counter the BS spread about harper. And someone should tell trudeau that a Canadian citizenship isn’t a right. It’s a privilege. And for him to say some one from any country with different values and morales as someone whose family been in country for 200 yrs is offensive and a slap in the face of the canadians that built this country on certain values and morales. Under trudeau our citizenship will be found in cracker jack boxes.

It is good thread, to counter the BS spread about harper. And someone should tell trudeau that a Canadian citizenship isn’t a right. It’s a privilege. And for him to say some one from any country with different values and morales as someone whose family been in country for 200 yrs is offensive and a slap in the face of the canadians that built this country on certain values and morales. Under trudeau our citizenship will be found in cracker jack boxes.

He's just going to hand them out to everyone under the sun. Quite literally if you follow his revised immigration policies and how many Syrians he wants to bring in.

And there is one case of a convicted terrorist in the states. We strip him and he cant come back here to finish his sentence. We don't need to be spending a fortune housing these freaks.

There are a lot of legal issues, though. The Nazis were immigrants who were deported for lying on their citizenship

applications.

Nobody wants these guys - is it a friendly act to an ally to send them over there when we have raised them? All

Pakistan (or the UK, what about that scenario?) need to do is revoke first. And what if they start sending Canadians

back here?

By revoking dual citizenship? Really?

Yes.

Not the entire list, just the list off the top of my head: UK, US, New Zealand, France and (of course) Canada. Australia is passing legislation at the moment as well. In fact, Australia goes one step farther. They're looking at stripping citizenship for only sole Australian passport holders as well!!

Edited by angrypenguin

Yes.

Not the entire list, just the list off the top of my head: UK, US, New Zealand, France and (of course) Canada. Australia is passing legislation at the moment as well. In fact, Australia goes one step farther. They're looking at stripping citizenship for only sole Australian passport holders as well!!

How does that work? Antarctica?

It is good thread, to counter the BS spread about harper.

and yet you presume to completely ignore the Harper Conservative Bill C-24? This is a nonsense thread and given the lack of info/detail within your OP, should be terminated in line with several recent board moderator/facilitator actions aimed to bring forward meaningful threads.

It is good thread, to counter the BS spread about harper. And someone should tell trudeau that a Canadian citizenship isn’t a right. It’s a privilege.

Uh...Canadian citizenship is absolutely a right. A birthright to be precise.

And for him to say some one from any country with different values and morales as someone whose family been in country for 200 yrs is offensive and a slap in the face of the canadians that built this country on certain values and morales.

Wut?

Under trudeau our citizenship will be found in cracker jack boxes.

Unlike now where most citizens must past the rigorous test of "did you slide out of a vagina in Canada?"

It's a tremendous irony to me that the people who argue most strongly for two tiered citizenship are the ones who did the least to acquire theirs.

Edited by Black Dog

I had to take an oath to get my Canadian citizenship. I don't remember what it was, but I'm fairly sure that committing a terrorist act against Canada and/or Canadians would break some part of it or other. Good enough reason to be kicked out.

Ok, I think I understand.

We are arresting and keeping Canadians here for trying to leave Canada to possibly join terrorists some other place in the world because we don't want them creating chaos elsewhere.

Now we are stripping citizenship from Canadians because they are terrorists and deporting them to create problems somewhere else.

That makes sense - does it not?

We are arresting and keeping Canadians here for trying to leave Canada to possibly join terrorists some other place in the world because we don't want them creating chaos elsewhere.

Now we are stripping citizenship from Canadians because they are terrorists and deporting them to create problems somewhere else.

The issue is that we arrest them, but we can't keep them in jail! Like that Toronto 18 bomber who's eligible for parole in 2016. If you make me choose between him roaming free in Canada or to deport his butt, I choose the latter.

The first part does seem rather silly, I agree. There should be a special row at the airport for them.

The issue is that we arrest them, but we can't keep them in jail! Like that Toronto 18 bomber who's eligible for parole in 2016. If you make me choose between him roaming free in Canada or to deport his butt, I choose the latter.

Then why not allow those who want to leave Canada to also "self deport"?

Do we have an "At Her Majesty's Pleasure" option in Canada like they do (used to have?) in the UK. Then you never have to let them go.

Because why would they? There's no incentive for them to do so. It's not like they're going to go "screw you Canada, I hate you and I'm going to bomb you, oh and hey, please take back my passport as well". :P

Please explain, I am reading your response that those Canadian who want to leave Canada to join a battle in the Middle East should not be arrested and detained? If so then I agree and have been saying that ever since that silly legislation was passed.

Please explain, I am reading your response that those Canadian who want to leave Canada to join a battle in the Middle East should not be arrested and detained? If so then I agree and have been saying that ever since that silly legislation was passed.

Oh. I think I misinterpreted your statement.

In a perfect world, I'd go and jail every terrorist out there who threatens to harm us for life, even if we have to bear the tax $ to do so. The reality is that a convicted terrorist (Toronto 18) is eligible for parole next year. So clearly we can't jail them for life. In that case, my argument is that we kick them out of the country and yank their citizenship, so they can't come back into this country, which is a right AFAIK of any Canadian citizen. If they want to harm us, make it that much more difficult for them to do so - by yanking their passport.