Chinese drivers like to run over accident victims more than once

I was astonished to read this, and can't imagine what kind of people would be so lacking in human feeling and compassion. Apparently in China, if a driver accidentally hits someone, they will often back up over them again and again to make sure they're dead. That way if caught they only have to pay a small fine, as opposed to taking care of an injured person's expenses for life.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/why-many-drivers-in-china-intentionally-kill-the-pedestrians-they-hit

I was astonished to read this, and can't imagine what kind of people would be so lacking in human feeling and compassion. Apparently in China, if a driver accidentally hits someone, they will often back up over them again and again to make sure they're dead. That way if caught they only have to pay a small fine, as opposed to taking care of an injured person's expenses for life.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/why-many-drivers-in-china-intentionally-kill-the-pedestrians-they-hit

You would think the world would have long before boycotted Chines products for violation of human rights. But we all keep buying their stuff cause it's cheaper.

Maybe that tells you a little bit about ourselves as I'm astounded to think we would continue to support a country that keeps violating human rights everyday.

But we continue. I didn't think we could be so lacking in human feeling, but apparently we are.

Edited by Freddy

it's completely unfair of those "lefties" attempting to draw parallels between China's liability laws setting the same incentives for drivers that the U.S. "stand your ground" laws do for gun owners... completely unfair! :D

but hey now! Does it really take the waldo to point out that the article... now gone "viral" (as the kids say)... is nothing but a series of anecdotal accounts. Statistics... numbers... numbers, shumbers... who needs real facts/data across a population of 1.25 billion people to just get in the way!

Gross. I wish I could unread that part about the 2 year old baby.

Didn't you see the actual video of the child being run over several times by even other drivers after the first incident, that way you can realize how much of a bunch of bleeding hypocrite we are each time we buy products from China?

It's not like we didn't know they are constantly in violation of human rights.

The mother was to buzzy making cheap products for us to buy so she can survive a other day on that lousy salary she has, so her kid wondered and got itself run over.

Edited by Freddy

it's completely unfair of those "lefties" attempting to draw parallels between China's liability laws setting the same incentives for drivers that the U.S. "stand your ground" laws do for gun owners... completely unfair! :D

but hey now! Does it really take the waldo to point out that the article... now gone "viral" (as the kids say)... is nothing but a series of anecdotal accounts. Statistics... numbers... numbers, shumbers... who needs real facts/data across a population of 1.25 billion people to just get in the way!

How about both being deplorable?

How about both being deplorable?

but... that goes without saying. The point is, that particular article hasn't any degree of detail to even presume to put perspective on just how pervasive such "deplorable" practices are followed. Are there 10 examples... 100... 1000, what? Does any number provide qualification to limit/reduce significance? Of course not... put it provides perspective and might... might... speak to where it fits in relation to policing and government. If nothing else, the "recent" Chinese government is most sensitive to how it is perceived around the world. Nothing raises the stakes more than to couch this in the ready-go-to, "human rights violations".

Numbers shumbers. The Med is full of dead kids but one washes up and gets his picture taken and suddenly everyone wants a refugee of their very own. Numbers don't seem to matter that much.

I suppose there's a chance the article is wrong. There's a video?

Numbers shumbers. The Med is full of dead kids but one washes up and gets his picture taken and suddenly everyone wants a refugee of their very own. Numbers don't seem to matter that much.

I suppose there's a chance the article is wrong. There's a video?

Yes I saw the video of this 6-8 months ago, it's likely still online somewhere.

I think this is it.

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=278_1318911790

Edited by Freddy

I'll take your word for it.

You should watch it.

It could help you understand why we shouldn't be supporting China at all by boycotting their products.

Unless that's the point?

You like staying blissfully in total denial about your support of a major country who is constantly denying humans rights to its population. And has no care in the world then to produce cheap products for the world. At any cost.

Edited by Freddy

It could help you understand why we shouldn't be supporting China at all by boycotting their products.

Unless that's the point?

You like staying blissfully in total denial about your support of a major country who is constantly denying humans rights to its population. And has no care in the world then to produce cheap products for the world. At any cost.

what you fail to understand is that those aren't Chinese products... those are 'western' products being manufactured for the west by the Chinese! Puts that lil' boycott puffery into perspective.

You should watch it.

Unless that's the point?

No blissful denier, I. I just don't like watching disturbing videos. Like I said, I believe you.

I was not surprised at all, China is a country built on human rights abuse, and is about the worse human rights abuser in the world. Do not forget their number one ally is North Korea and the communist in Vietnam. It is how their culture is and how these people are. This is a country with forced abortions and mobile execution vans, where people fall through elevators and life is cheap. Why would they behave civilized?

I was not surprised at all, China is a country built on human rights abuse, and is about the worse human rights abuser in the world. Do not forget their number one ally is North Korea and the communist in Vietnam. It is how their culture is and how these people are. This is a country with forced abortions and mobile execution vans, where people fall through elevators and life is cheap. Why would they behave civilized?

You think this just happens in China?

Vietnam is hardly an ally of Communist China.....

• 3 weeks later...