MLW forum fundraising campaign

I actually don't like the name calling and condescension. I have no problem with being called out. I only recently took Waldo off of ignore because of his posting..."style".

Unfortunately, it doesn't stop at that. Members should not have to deal with the threatening personal messages.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, it doesn't stop at that. Members should not have to deal with the threatening personal messages.

that's rich! :lol: Now... only because you're replying to a post that has, in itself, mentioned me... there might be some implied suggestion on your part (or interpretations by others, therein), that I've sent you a "threatening personal message". I've only ever sent you a single PM... you have my permission to post it! There's certainly nothing threatening in it... in fact, I couldn't help myself in not messaging you as it was in response to your boastful posting statement that, "you'd never received a warning/suspension in regards your claimed trolling"... I just checked that very message I sent you and commented to you about your fake victimhood act... and that your statement was simply... "icing on the failed MLW moderation cake"!

again... you have my permission to post that complete personal message... the only message I've ever sent you!

I think so....especially when manically directed at multiple members. I would still contribute to any reasonable MLW fundraising model, but not to receive more threatening messages. That's just bizarre.

since you're really pressing to make a point here... just what members have sent you personal threatening messages? You've been here... forevah! Are any of those members still around? Hold on! I thought you said... "no special conditions required". Make up your mind! :lol:

No drama or special conditions required...just tell us where to send the money and it shall be done.

I actually don't like the name calling and condescension. I have no problem with being called out. I only recently took Waldo off of ignore because of his posting..."style".

You are right. However, it can stop.

...Threatening personal messages? That's barbaric.

I think so....especially when manically directed at multiple members.
Without seeing any of such Personal Messages, we mod staff can not judge. Please Report them when they occur.

It has been several years since anybody has reported harassment through the PM function. We commend those of you who ignore such nonsense but if these incidents are not reported, we mod staff do not learn of them and we do not act. If they are reported and if we agree that the messages are either "barbaric" and or simply harassment, we will act.

Let me be clear:

1) harassment through the Personal Messaging function is treated as a grave offense; it is 1 of the few offenses which will lead to a permanent ban;

2) your PMs are personal and private; we mod staff do not access any of your messages; we depend on your reports.

Technically, Greg has the ability to find your private communications by sifting through the database but the inordinate amount of work involved to achieve that is not going to happen. Even if it was easy to read your messages, we have no good reason to do so. It is easier and more reasonable just to ask the parties involved what happened.

People PM? I don't like anyone enough on this forum to PM them.

Trolling's ok. How much fun would this site be without trolling?

Threatening personal messages? That's barbaric.

I agree. There's should be more trolling. Threatening PMs are just unacceptable though.

If people send threatening personal messages, report them. You can also block personal messages specifically.

Edited by cybercoma

this claim of threatening personal messages is in line with the oft plied victimhood routine expressed many times over in assorted threads... it serves absolutely no purpose to bring that claim to the general forum - as the moderator suggests... report! Apparently, these reports won't be ignored as threatening personal messages are actually a recognized concern..... over and above the ignoring of troll reports.

Who cares? People can make unlimited accounts here. Nothing is tied to your real info. Only a moron connects direct to the Internet these days so even an ip is unreliable. So easy to spoof not even funny.

Even for an old man like me.

who do you have lined up next? If you're taking requests, I'd like to see you come back as a muslim refugee... a bad-ass one!

Gentlemen, I received a week ban for subtly suggesting this.......his Report function works well. Pay heed.

For suggesting what? Canada_First is the one that claimed it's remarkably easy to create an infinite number of accounts and spoof your IP. I'm just making suggestions for new characters, since it's so easy for him to make them.

For suggesting what? Canada_First is the one that claimed it's remarkably easy to create an infinite number of accounts and spoof your IP. I'm just making suggestions for new characters, since it's so easy for him to make them.

This is my one and only account EVER! Please stop causing me undo stress. I am an old man. Thank you.

That old chestnut, eh? It's like a broken record with a new label. I'm sure it's completely coincidental that you showed up just after LemonPureLeaf was banned, who showed up just after scared.in.canada was banned, who showed up just after Merlin was banned, who showed up just after Mr. Canada was banned, and you all have the exact same nonsensical racist rants.

Edited by cybercoma

That old chestnut, eh? It's like a broken record with a new label. I'm sure it's completely coincidental that you showed up just after LemonPureLeaf was banned, who showed up just after scared.in.canada was banned, who showed up just after Merlin was banned, who showed up just after Mr. Canada was banned, and you all have the exact same nonsensical racist rants.

AHA! I hadn't put those pieces together. Thanks for the heads up.

I think this website needs new blood and new energy at the top. Some new partners with the right business acumen.

Make an offer!

Otherwise, thanks for sort of staying on topic.

fund raising... to bring forward actual moderation that properly enforces the MLW rule against trolling (whatever the actual definition is)... nah, say it ain't so!

No, it aint so.

The fund raising is NOT to bring forward actual moderation that properly yadda yadda yadda.

The OP asks a hypothetical question of raising funds to bring forward my firing. Playing The Donald for a day is just a bonus prize to put my firing into perspective.

The OP never said anything about WHY funds would be raised. The OP only asked for bids. So far, it is at $1 and it does not seem like anybody is interested in getting me tossed.

Since nobody cares to address the OP, I am going to ask a new question: How much are you willing to pay to become moderator yourself with the authority to permanently and irrevocable ban Charles Anthony from the MLW forum?

NOTA BENE: Your answers are not commitments on your part. Please do not think we will hold you to them.

(note: this post is rated TrollFree)

Congratulations!

Do you consider derailing a discussion and thread drift to be forms of trolling?!?

The OP asks a hypothetical question of raising funds to bring forward my firing. Playing The Donald for a day is just a bonus prize to put my firing into perspective.

The OP never said anything about WHY funds would be raised. The OP only asked for bids. So far, it is at $1 and it does not seem like anybody is interested in getting me tossed.

Since nobody cares to address the OP, I am going to ask a new question: How much are you willing to pay to become moderator yourself with the authority to permanently and irrevocable ban Charles Anthony from the MLW forum?

First, you can't really ban anyone here unless you set up something to ID all new applicants, which seems pointless in and of itself.

Second, why would I pay for the privilege of moderating a web site? Isn't that something that's usually on the other side of payments, or at best voluntary?

Third, the problem this web site has in terms of its usefulness as a discussion site isn't your inscrutable definition of trolling, which certain people seem obsessed with. I would say it is the proliferation of information-free postings which are bereft of both logic and any intention of taking part in anything resembling honest, genuine discussion. There are few discussions here which don't degenerate into sneers, contemptuous and mocking insults, and one or both sides ignoring the points raised by the other because they don't fit their preconceived arguments. Of course, the regulars have learned, most of the time, how to be as insulting as possible without direct, personal insults, in order to avoid suspension (which happens anyway with as much predictability as when a cop occasionally pulls you over for doing the same speed you've been doing for the last several months).

Fourth, yes I would be willing to pay something for the upkeep of this site, regardless of who moderates it.

Fifth: We need more moderation, and more consistent moderation, with a focus on the need for respectful conversation.

Sixth. For the usual idiots who will quickly jump in to sneer at my complaints about disrespectful posts, if my post is disrespectful it's because yours was. I'm not a pacifist, and if I gave you the back of my hand you deserved it.

A couple of the proboards forums I've been at had problems with downtime.

That could have been a problem with the hardware and not software. Possibly run on a server that is under spec to run a proboards site. Not all problems are with the software. Hosting issues, DNS issues, routing issues, hardware issues, configuration issues.

Edited by GostHacked