Why the NDP will lose the next election

Sure it would cause immigrants and refugees. Without environment however, the land mass of Canada might exist, more or less, but not kids. Or immigrants. Or an economy.

When the environment is so bad we have mass deaths happening from it, it won't be a problem to invest billions to clean it up and create jobs.

At that point in the future we will have become so efficient at doing everything that new jobs will be welcomed anyways.

Edited by Freddy

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain please

I have no kids - so I don't benefit from income splitting. I spend too much money so no way I'm contributing 10000 per year to a TFSA. Under Trudeau I'll get a small tax decrease, and many of my customers will be far better of with his child benefit plan, meaning I'll have more money to spend. I also have a feeling that Trudeau will spend money on reserve, something that very much benefits me.

It's like talking to someone with a IQ of 90.

If that's what you understood from our conversation,

I'm really sorry I can't be waisting my time with you.

Next time you want to call others dumb, you might want to run a spell-check first.

Edited by BC_chick

When the environment is so bad we have mass deaths happening from it, it won't be a problem to invest billions to clean it up and create jobs.

Wow, that's sure an interesting view. Let's kill lots of people, and then we'll have the initiative to fix the problem.

At that point in the future we will have become so efficient at doing everything that new jobs will be welcomed anyways.

We're not in the future yet.

I'm curious how this will bode for Bernie....(I've ignored US politics lately, Our election has actually been interesting..)

Quite a few (TYT, notably) were saying that the chance of the NDP winning federally in Canada was a large push away from the norm (Like Bernie), and how this is becoming a large trend even worldwide away from the "establishment". The house always wins I suppose.

Also, bring back Dion...actually, replace May with Dion, and Replace Mulcair with May....ooooh....

I mailed in a vote for my NDP candidate earlier this afternoon. He will likely keep his seat but it's starting to look like the NDP is out of the running. Ah well, they made errors early on, and I wasn't sure how I'd vote, but I think they've been doing great more recently and were about as good of an Opposition in the last Parliament as a party could have been. If the niqab was what sank them, I'm glad they went down fighting that one.

Wow, that's sure an interesting view. Let's kill lots of people, and then we'll have the initiative to fix the problem.We're not in the future yet.

Taking that 90% of the world population is barely getting by, and don't even know if they will be alive tomorrow. Only a small very spoiled privileged minority of humans even have the time of day to stop and ponder on something as irrelevant as the environment. They are to bizzy just making ends meet.

When you get your head out of your ass, and realize that most humans will die if they don't keep plugging away at their sweat shop jobs making cheap shoes for you to buy at Walmart you will finally realize how ignorant of the world we are.

90% are just making enough to bring home a Bol of rice home for their kids.

Once they see pollution is killing them, Yes, they will stop, And then die from having no food to feed themselves.

Edited by Freddy

Taking that 90% of the world population is barely getting by, and don't even know if they will be alive tomorrow. Only a small very spoiled privileged minority of humans even have the time of day to stop and ponder on something as irrelevant as the environment. They are to bizzy just making ends meet.

Pretty sure that the people in areas already being affected by climate change would disagree with your statement that they're too busy to notice the environment.

http://www.livescience.com/41380-climate-change-places-at-risk.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/islands-threatened-by-climate-change-2012-10

When you get your head out of your ass,

I bet you didn't even consider clicking on the links I provided, eh?

I'm fiscally conservative, and I think there are a number of justifications for raising taxes. Obviously there are catastrophes like natural disasters and war, but also if there were some other program that I could see the general worth of, then sure, I'd forego some more of my income.

Taxes are not inherently bad, any more than government is inherently bad. They are a reality, and there will be times, regardless of what any of us may desire, when they will have to go up.

See, now I'm fiscally conservative too and I agree that taxes are necessary. I also happen to think there are justifications for increased spending in certain areas - but I think that means something else has to take a cut. Foreign aid perhaps? Arts funding perhaps? There are literally tons of places that money is thrown away in this country so there should be no reason at all for any increase in taxes. Ever.

Maybe what the government needs to do if it becomes cash strapped is chase down those corporations that utilize shady financial business practices to cheat their way out of paying "their fair share" of taxes in this country.

I think they should start with Canada Steamship Lines.

Maybe what the government needs to do if it becomes cash strapped is chase down those corporations that utilize shady financial business practices to cheat their way out of paying "their fair share" of taxes in this country.

I think they should start with Canada Steamship Lines.

You do realize these corporations are the ones paying for people to work right?

Actually a fair amount of employment is provided by small to medium size business, but even if you what you say is true, why would that exempt from the laws of the land?

You're right. The majority of jobs are from small businesses.

However, all of our salaries start at 110,000$. So....not a valid reason, but for this corporation, it does provide pretty decent compensation so its workers.

You're right. The majority of jobs are from small businesses.

However, all of our salaries start at 110,000$. So....not a valid reason, but for this corporation, it does provide pretty decent compensation so its workers.

I'm not going to comment on whether I believe you or not, but since $110,000 is well above median, if you indeed work for such a company (which I sincerely doubt, but whatever), then it is atypical, and if it is using illegal tax avoidance schemes, I wouldn't care less if it was pay $1,110,000 per employee, I'd wanted prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I'm not going to comment on whether I believe you or not, but since $110,000 is well above median, if you indeed work for such a company (which I sincerely doubt, but whatever), then it is atypical, and if it is using illegal tax avoidance schemes, I wouldn't care less if it was pay $1,110,000 per employee, I'd wanted prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Simple. If you don't believe me, ask a mod to send me their email address, and i'll send them an email to shed my anonymity and we can bury the hatchet. It's painfully obvious that my employer doesn't pay anyone less than 6 figures.

You do realize who was tied in with CSL right?

CSL?

Edited by angrypenguin

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to get my head around what happened to the NDP over this campaign. Anyone wonder how things would have played out if we'd voted for Cullen in 2011? (I had a membership then, although I never renewed it.)

Maybe if Jack Layton had lived, he would be PM. Mulcair is too much like Harper - no likability. I also think there were a bunch of strategic blunders including the balanced budget, which left Mulcair looking like a Conservative wannabe.

I think the real question is what does the NDP want to be? It has a history of being a party of taking a principled stand for labor and the poor. In that role, I think it has contributed a lot to Canada. It seems like the brain trust thought they could supplant the Liberals and be a centrist party. I don't understand the point - if they want to replace the Liberals, they will become the Liberals.

I'm still trying to get my head around what happened to the NDP over this campaign. Anyone wonder how things would have played out if we'd voted for Cullen in 2011? (I had a membership then, although I never renewed it.)

I do not think Mulcair can survive after this election. I can see Cullen and Leslie running for the leadership within a month.

I've been over this with other posters but to say it again, the niqab issue doesn't make sense since the support went to a party with the same stance.

As for Mulcair, he is a good leader and I think had the best chance of making the party more mainstream. A lot of people just aren't comfortable with the brand.

I'm very disappointed in the decline.

As for Mulcair, he is a good leader and I think had the best chance of making the party more mainstream. A lot of people just aren't comfortable with the brand.

Based on his stated policies Muclair would have made a good leader of the Liberals. The trouble is he is leading the NDP and people can't trust a leader that makes promises that are at odds with the party base.