Del Mastro jail time

For such a small crime, I think it was a little over board with the leg irons. He spent to much on the election, whoopee shit. But yet how many libs have done jail time under the chretien government or even the McWynne government. 4 yrs now for the helicopter scandal.Must be nice to have the OPP in your pocket.

For such a small crime, I think it was a little over board with the leg irons. He spent to much on the election, whoopee shit. But yet how many libs have done jail time under the chretien government or even the McWynne government. 4 yrs now for the helicopter scandal.Must be nice to have the OPP in your pocket.

Apparently its the RCMP harper has in his pocket.

Edited by On Guard for Thee

To lenient in my opinion!

He should be locked up and put on hard labour for 6 months minimum with a 50,000 dollar fine on top!

He's been found guilty of a very serious offense and a clear message must be sent to ALL CANDIDATES! You do the crime, you do the time!

WWWTT

With the possible exception of Pierre Poilievre, there can't be a more deserving Conservative for public humiliation than Dean Del Mastro.

Agreed!

Oh no wait kind of.

Pierre Poilievre should be at the top of that list.

No no wait wait, Peter McKay!

No no wait wait, Harper.

No no wait wait.....

WWWTT

PIK, I like to answer that question about the RCMP may be in the pockets of Harper.... how can they charge Duffy with TAKING a bribe but NOT charge Wright of NOT giving one????

Intent

Preponderance of the evidence

Burden of proof

Edited by Smallc

• 3 weeks later...

But the NDP owes Canada Post for some stamps! /s

LOL!

But the NDP has clearly made it an election platform that they would restore door to door delivery.

Oh when will the sarcasm end?

WWWTT

• 1 month later...

Did anyone see the article on the weekend,about a over spending Liberal MP ,who was just told to pay it back. Did Del Mastro get offered the same deal or just go straight to jail for being a conservative.

With the possible exception of Pierre Poilievre, there can't be a more deserving Conservative for public humiliation than Dean Del Mastro.

I can...the first 3 rows of the Tories in the House. Many of these guys come off as terrible people, bad personality, at least as MPs

Did anyone see the article on the weekend,about a over spending Liberal MP ,who was just told to pay it back. Did Del Mastro get offered the same deal or just go straight to jail for being a conservative.

Yep. He got a "now, now, we won't have any of that" and a deal to pay it back over time. No record, and he still gets to run.

Elections Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Liberal Party of Canada.

Yep. He got a "now, now, we won't have any of that" and a deal to pay it back over time. No record, and he still gets to run.

Elections Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Liberal Party of Canada.

guys, guys... let the waldo clear up your confusion. The Liberal party candidate overspent (his personal allowance level) during his nomination pursuit... although what was spent in total on his nomination attempt was less than half of what was allowed overall. Perhaps another distinction is that the guy isn't even elected... yet. In any case, Del Mastro fought his charges of election overspending (not nomination overspending), and fought them, big time... clearly, it appears from that, Del Mastro never admitted to the overspending (and hasn't yet, as I'm aware). In that regard, its hard to see how the guy would be accepting to some kind of a "payback schedule"!

you're welcome!

• 7 months later...

I am surprised this kind of thing does not happen more often. In the heat of battle it must be tempting to reach for more resources. Not the worst of crimes by any means.

The rules are there so democracy doesn't become 'rule by the richest'.

In that sense - undermining the foundation of democracy - it is a serious crime.

Lying and denying gets you more punishment.

• 3 weeks later...