NDP Make Big Move in Latest EKOS Poll

People with single digit brain cells are generally on the Left, and would never vote Conservative anyway. And your absurd interpretation of the law is farcical.

From what I see I would say you have the brain cell idea a bit backwards. But anyway,Its not my interpretation. Craig Forcese is but one who claims the ad could well be a violation of C 51. But then hes only a law expert at the university of Ottawa so what the hell would he know...

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fresh EKOS poll released today and it's not good news for Conservatives.

As predicted here, the Del Mastro walk of shame in leg irons took it's toll - Conservative support down 1.5%. Liberal Party slide gone - support up 2%. NDP in the lead with 30.9% support - up .5% in a week.

NDP- 30.9 (+.5%)

Cons - 27.3 (-1.5%)

Libs - 25.6 (+2.0%)

Biggest change? The narrative of Trudeau fading is replaced with weakness in the Conservative's base. Cons now 12% behind their 2011 finish.

Funny how a politician who spends to much of his own money get put in leg irons, but steal or waste billions of taxpayers money and nothing happens. Double standard.

Funny how a politician who spends to much of his own money get put in leg irons, but steal or waste billions of taxpayers money and nothing happens. Double standard.

Politics has many ironies. Who would guess the party convicted of election fraud in three back to back federal elections would engage in voter suppression on the basis of preventing voter fraud?

Edited by Vancouver King

If the Fair Elections act gets overturned in court before the election there's a whole bunch of people that, if they do show to the polls, will most likely not be voting Conservative in October.

Absolutely. Mobile university students, recent immigrants etc. are not noted for their Conservative leanings. Yet again the Tories have borrowed an American Republican tactic and passed legislation to suppress their opponents from exercising the most basic of rights - voting.

Absolutely. Mobile university students, recent immigrants etc. are not noted for their Conservative leanings. Yet again the Tories have borrowed an American Republican tactic and passed legislation to suppress their opponents from exercising the most basic of rights - voting.

Harper loves Republic politics. I'm sure he got this from them. It's an easy way to undercut the left-leaning base voters, take them out of the election or make it so hard for them to get ready for it they may just give up. Hopefully it gets struck down soon, useless piece of legislation.

A fresh EKOS poll released today and it's not good news for Conservatives.

As predicted here, the Del Mastro walk of shame in leg irons took it's toll - Conservative support down 1.5%. Liberal Party slide gone - support up 2%. NDP in the lead with 30.9% support - up .5% in a week.

NDP- 30.9 (+.5%)

Cons - 27.3 (-1.5%)

Libs - 25.6 (+2.0%)

Biggest change? The narrative of Trudeau fading is replaced with weakness in the Conservative's base. Cons now 12% behind their 2011 finish.

The support is not down 1.5% it's down 1.5 points. As a percentage their support is down about 5%.

Edit: Also as far as where their support was on election day in 2011, their support has fallen roughly 30.5% or 12 points.

Edited by cybercoma

About Mulcair joining the Conservatives:

"Two Conservatives who had senior government roles at the time said this week that their recollection supports Mulcair’s assertion that talks broke off over his strong disagreement with the Harper government’s environmental policy."

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/federal+Conservatives+back+Mulcair+explanation+2007+headhunting+talks/11187033/story.html

About Mulcair joining the Conservatives:

"Two Conservatives who had senior government roles at the time said this week that their recollection supports Mulcair’s assertion that talks broke off over his strong disagreement with the Harper government’s environmental policy."

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/federal+Conservatives+back+Mulcair+explanation+2007+headhunting+talks/11187033/story.html

Interesting, so it would seem Soudas is full of bologna (Unless he has further proof)..........If this is true, I wonder if Soudas did this on his own hook, or if this was sanctioned by the Trudeau Butts Liberals....

Edited by Derek 2.0

Interesting, so it would seem Soudas is full of bologna (Unless he has further proof)..........If this is true, I wonder if Soudas did this on his own hook, or if this was sanctioned by the Trudeau Butts Liberals....

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that question. Asking whether Trudeau knew about this is as naive as asking whether Harper knew about the cheque to Duffy.

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that question. Asking whether Trudeau knew about this is as naive as asking whether Harper knew about the cheque to Duffy.

No I don't know the answer. My impression of Trudeau is that he's probably a nice person, but a hapless idiot when it comes to politics, as such, the real brains behind the LPC is Butts and the old backroom Laurentian Liberals........Clearly if Soudas' telling of events is untrue, even treading is such waters is devoid of logic and they deserve the egg on their face......much like the Liberal's smear of Jack Layton's massage or Scott Reid's beer & popcorn slip regarding tax policy.....

No I don't know the answer. My impression of Trudeau is that he's probably a nice person, but a hapless idiot when it comes to politics, as such, the real brains behind the LPC is Butts and the old backroom Laurentian Liberals........Clearly if Soudas' telling of events is untrue, even treading is such waters is devoid of logic and they deserve the egg on their face......much like the Liberal's smear of Jack Layton's massage or Scott Reid's beer & popcorn slip regarding tax policy.....

Trudeau stood for his photo op with Adams and bragged about Soudas being part of the deal. Does it even matter if someone else is pulling the strings? Trudeau is the face of those decisions.

Trudeau stood for his photo op with Adams and bragged about Soudas being part of the deal. Does it even matter if someone else is pulling the strings? Trudeau is the face of those decisions.

Of course not, as clearly just following orders does not make a defense. None the less, if Trudeau wasn't in the loop of a probable Soudas play on Mulcair, he will wear it just the same, right or wrong.......hence my surprise that someone(s) would make such a poor attempt, sans a shred of truth, on an opponent this far from the election......its bush league, as there is far more to attack both Mulcair and the Federal NDP on, this far out, to help shape a narrative.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like the 'freedom of speech' gang will be voting NDP because of C51's breaches:

http://ipolitics.ca/2015/03/26/harper-is-losing-the-argument-on-c-51-with-conservatives/

That same day, at committee hearings on the bill, Connie Fournier, founder of the former conservative online forum FreeDominion, criticized the bills infringements on privacy and freedom of speech. Fournier is going a step further, reviving her website to fight Bill C-51 and Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

I feel like were in some kind of alternate universe, she recently told the Tyee. You spend your life working for the Conservative party, and the Conservative party finally gets in, and (now) youre saying, I hope the NDP really steps up and protects us from our Conservative government.'