I hope harper wins this one. I dont care what people think, this is wrong and will only lead to more crap like this. This has nothing to do with religion and it is time to stop this in its tracks. Everybody saying how harper is going to change the country, the SCC is changing the country.

He'll lose this in court too but Harper has definitely changed the country. Canada has never been so conservative as it is right now and will likely be for many years if not decades to come. But of course, conservatism is a direction not a place and for many of you the journey is forever just getting underway.

What might turn that around is if you conservatives really start getting a head full of yourselves and try to kill the Senate or reform/imbue it so that it only operates according to conservative values and principles.

You'd have to open up the Constitution, get all the provinces on board, involve the Queen, who'd probably be a King by the time the dust settles.

All that for a niqab?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll lose this in court too but Harper has definitely changed the country. Canada has never been so conservative as it is right now and will likely be for many years if not decades to come. But of course, conservatism is a direction not a place and for many of you the journey is forever just getting underway.

What might turn that around is if you conservatives really start getting a head full of yourselves and try to kill the Senate or reform/imbue it so that it only operates according to conservative values and principles.

You'd have to open up the Constitution, get all the provinces on board, involve the Queen, who'd probably be a King by the time the dust settles.

All that for a niqab?

Jezz, dont put ideas into their heads!

That is not a right,it is a personal thing. So where does this stop, time for some sharia in Canada, I am sure trudeau is thinking about it. You come here to be Canadian, leave the 10th century garbage at home. Women come here to get away from that shit. Enough is enough with this BS. She lives like we live or she can home. And can you tell the difference if a man or women is under those things. Another tool for the crooks.

Edited by PIK

He is going to appeal. And the majority of canadians are with him. The only one that are not, are the ones that disagree with everything he does. This is wrong and needs to be stopped. And he could lose but it is going to be good for him during election time. She is insulting this country, by demanding something that we do not want . Head coverings who cares but when it comes to the face, no fucking way.

No, its your Mr. Harper who has been insulting by describing a part of someone elses religion offensive. And I dont think we will leave it to you to tell us when to stop disagreeing with Harper. We will be more able to do that when he starts respecting the constitution of this country.

That is not a right,it is a personal thing. So where does this stop, time for some sharia in Canada, I am sure trudeau is thinking about it. You come here to be Canadian, leave the 10th century garbage at home. Women come here to get away from that shit. Enough is enough with this BS. She lives like we live or she can home. And can you tell the difference if a man or women is under those things. Another tool for the crooks.

You seem to have a fairly narrow minded view of what it means to be Canadian. Also, your comments seem to suggest a certain ignorance of how the whole immigration system works. Identification, paperwork signing has all been completed well in advance of the ceremonial part.

Nearly all wrong.

People come here to be free, not to be like you.

It is her choice to wear a veil, not yours to deny it.

She has no or more less rights than you or I do- do you think that because you got here 10 minutes earlier than her you have some special right to judge?

The point is we don't want her as a citizen, nor her family, nor anyone like them.

Prior to this dustup about the niqab this human being has satisfied every requirement for being a citizen up to taking the oath. And she is eager to do that, if she can retain her modesty.

She still meets all those requirements today.

I wonder how many of your own ancestors would be met with your scorn at their culture or lack of it?

I welcome her and her family with open arms. I hope they thrive.

You seem to have a fairly narrow minded view of what it means to be Canadian. Also, your comments seem to suggest a certain ignorance of how the whole immigration system works. Identification, paperwork signing has all been completed well in advance of the ceremonial part.

Not only that he demonstrates complete ignorance of the case at hand, where she unveiled herself for identification purposes in private when she signed the legal paperwork and formally signed the oath. She even argues that anyone who wears the niqab should do this.

Not only that he demonstrates complete ignorance of the case at hand, where she unveiled herself for identification purposes in private when she signed the legal paperwork and formally signed the oath. She even argues that anyone who wears the niqab should do this.

Yep.

She absolutely must be required to identify herself to the satisfaction of authorities as part of the process of gaining citizenship. And she has, until the actual cermeony which is the last and least important step.

I believe niqabs must be taken off in cirmcumstances including: airport security, border crossings, under oath in court, at traffic stops when required by a peace officer and others. After the identity is established, the veil can be worn.

Exactly. It seems there exists a fear amongst some people that if we allow people to come here who dont look like us, dress, eat, or worship like us, our own individual ways will be threatened somehow. On the contrary for me, when I first moved to the big city (TO) as a young feller, I was as pasty white as you can get.

I got a place down near the beaches and could stroll through lots of different cultures in a afternoon. It certainly didnt frighten me. It enlightened me and I will admit it generated a twinge of pride in my country.

You don't get to continually restate what makes this religion different after I have addressed your point. To do so reveals that your mind was made up before you made the initial point.

I have no idea what you're talking about at this point. Do you?

Perhaps, but we're starting to deconstruct this idea that these people are different from other immigrants to Canada. They certainly seem to be different than the Muslims in the source countries from which they came.

Some undoubtedly are. Those who come here demanding their women remain subservient bags of cloth are not.

Speak for yourself. any of your fellow Canadians arent racists.

Once again you're demonstrating that you don't even have a sufficient grasp of the language to know what racism is. I've asked before, what race am I being prejudiced against? I'll just take it that you have nothing intelligent to say (which is actually fairly obvious) and prefer to cast pejoratives about instead.

I don't want anyone like you.

Thank Christ for that! If you wanted people like me I'd have to rexamine my entire belief system to figure out why a man hating radical conspiracy kook thinks I'm great.

Edited by Argus

And this is a surprise? How many biased discussions do you need to have with Argus to realize that the driving force behind anything he posts in regards to immigration is his biased and bigoted ideals?

When I post on immigration I post logical opinions and statements with numerous citations. When you post you snivel and whine and make emotional accusations about other posters immorality. You have nothing intelligent to say, just bitter vituperation that not everyone agrees with your politically correct stupidity.

Once again you're demonstrating that you don't even have a sufficient grasp of the language to know what racism is. I've asked before, what race am I being prejudiced against? I'll just take it that you have nothing intelligent to say (which is actually fairly obvious) and prefer to cast pejoratives about instead.

Perhaps you could demonstrate at least a modicum if intelligence and stop referring to women who wear niqabs sacks of cloth. Lets start there OK.

Those SCC activist judges are the same ones that would strike down a Muslim majority's laws that would require you to stop shaving.

Nonsense. A government which wanted such things would simply appoint islamists to the court until it got the ruling it desired.

A constitution is a piece of paper and it's good for toilet paper and not much else. The Soviet Union had a constitution which had all the usual guarantees, so does China. They're worthless. The only guarantee of rights is in the minds of the citizenry. If you rely on lawyers to save you from an autocratic government you might as well pray to the great pumpkin.

I welcome her and her family with open arms. I hope they thrive.

Yes, I know. All the lefties swoon with delight over more and more radically conservative immigrants who hate women and Jews and homosexuals coming here. Why, hopefully we'll have millions and millions of them some day! Then you can be delighted as we start rolling back all the liberal social rules and laws and start putting gays in prison, right?

Exactly. It seems there exists a fear amongst some people that if we allow people to come here who dont look like us, dress, eat, or worship like us, our own individual ways will be threatened somehow. .

Somehow? You do realize they get to vote, right?