Obama's Appoints Ambassadors to Argentina and Hungary.

The Senate recently confirmed two ambassadors picked by Obama to fill recent openings in those positions. The first pick, Noah Mamet, is now the ambassador to Argentina. He doesn't speak Spanish. The second pick, Colleen Bell, is now the ambassador to Hungary. She's a soap-opera producer. What qualifies them to be ambassadors? They raised lots of money for Obama's re-election campaign. Hope and change eh? :rolleyes:

The irony and absurdity wasn't lost on Jon Stewart either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6JSkf1O_8

The Senate recently confirmed two ambassadors picked by Obama to fill recent openings in those positions. The first pick, Noah Mamet, is now the ambassador to Argentina. He doesn't speak Spanish.

The US Ambassador to Canada does not speak French.

The US Ambassador to Italy does not speak Italian.

Speaking of ........ :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....there ya go, Now you really have a reason. LOL

The Senate recently confirmed two ambassadors picked by Obama to fill recent openings in those positions. The first pick, Noah Mamet, is now the ambassador to Argentina. He doesn't speak Spanish. The second pick, Colleen Bell, is now the ambassador to Hungary. She's a soap-opera producer. What qualifies them to be ambassadors? They raised lots of money for Obama's re-election campaign. Hope and change eh? :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6JSkf1O_8

Kind of like why Fantino is still veterans affairs minister, because he makes a lot of money for Harper.

The US Ambassador to Canada does not speak French.

The US Ambassador to Italy does not speak Italian.

Speaking of ........ :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....there ya go, Now you really have a reason. LOL

Not speaking French isn't really a big deal since Canada has two official languages, but really one official official one. The Ambassador to Italy is another Obama crony. So no real surprise. He's littered the Ambassadorships with all of this pre-election and post-election cronies and campaign bundlers. Hope and change right? :rolleyes:

Not speaking French isn't really a big deal since Canada has two official languages, but really one official official one. The Ambassador to Italy is another Obama crony. So no real surprise. He's littered the Ambassadorships with all of this pre-election and post-election cronies and campaign bundlers. Hope and change right? :rolleyes:

So what I'm hearing here is that having a grasp of the native tongue is all that's required for an ambassador. luckily I think the people who actually make those appointments have thought it out a little further than that.

Not speaking French isn't really a big deal since Canada has two official languages, but really one official official one.

Not speaking Spanish isn't really a big deal since Argentinians at that high level all speak English.

Ok, the goalposts aren't set yet, where would you like to move them now?

The Ambassador to Italy is another Obama crony.

Complete non-sense of course.

John R Phillips has been working with Congress and was the prime mover behind the Federal False Claim Act , and his law firm has collected $11B for the US Treasury.

He has since then (2009) been appointed to Chairman of the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships.

:lol: Holy crap.

It's not hope and change, it's the same old, same old. Bush did it exactly the same way. I thought that was stupid then and I think it's stupid now. I don't think, though, that you would have said it was stupid then. You have a habit of criticizing things Obama does that have always been done before anyway.

It's not hope and change, it's the same old, same old. Bush did it exactly the same way. I thought that was stupid then and I think it's stupid now. I don't think, though, that you would have said it was stupid then. You have a habit of criticizing things Obama does that have always been done before anyway.

He promised hope and change. He criticized his predecessors. I won't even get into what he used to say about executive orders. The guys the biggest fraud in political history.

I think it's cronyism and a bad idea... Doesn't look good for Obama, but they are pretty minor posts, so people are not likely to care.

And the language doesn't matter so much. People can learn languages and they have translators.... it's the lack of qualifications that is the real issue. I think the language issue is easy to seize on for simpletons who can't make their case in a thoughtful manner and it appeals to those who can't understand nuances.

Apparently, Mamet does speak Spanish, so does this mean he is qualified to be the ambassador? According to the OP, yes it does. Because, that's apparently what it takes to be an ambassador. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

He promised hope and change. He criticized his predecessors. I won't even get into what he used to say about executive orders. The guys the biggest fraud in political history.

His mishandling of the economy gave the US a much rougher time and trillions more debt than they needed. Now Saudi Arabia is trying to wipe out competition by flooding the markets with supply, the US oil industry being one such competitor. The unintended consequence is that cheaper gas prices will now stimulate the economy like no Obama effort ever could! You just can't make this up.

You just can't make this up.

You just made this up actually.

You speak as if there was never any issues with the economy before Obama and that Obama hasn't been responsible for digging the U.S. out of that hole. That is total revisionist history...