Kevin Vickers to be Honoured - In Israel

Big Guy

Kevin Vickers who has been reported to be the person who shot the deranged or lunatic or terrorist or whatever guy in the Parliament buildings in Ottawa will be honoured for his feat - In Israel. There was a movement here in Canada to honor his participation but he apparently declined the honor.

On the other hand, the Israeli Knesset has offered to honor him and it is reported that he has accepted.

A very interesting event that should solidify that this guy shooting in Ottawa was really a terrorist.

Why is he honored in Israel and not Canada?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/kevin-vickers-to-be-honoured-at-isralei-knesset-1.2095832

(I hope reference is correct - I had to key it in.) Please add addition references if interested.

Edited by Big Guy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that he was honored by the entire House on the 23rd.........with that said, from a differing report:

Vickers is in Israel to attend a major conference on security in Tel Aviv, a trip planned long before the shootings in Ottawa. He is part of a delegation sponsored by the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs that includes other Canadian police and security officials.

The motivation and the state of mental health of the shooter has been questioned and analyzed. The implication is that Israel is celebrating Vickers for doing something towards their cause and against their enemy thereby cementing the "terrorist" label on the shooter. This does play into the Harper government excuse for involvement against ISIS since I am sure Vickers got the OK from the PMO for this honor.

Politicizing a tragedy? Never!!

This does play into the Harper government excuse for involvement against ISIS since I am sure Vickers got the OK from the PMO for this honor.

Politicizing a tragedy? Never!!

Vickers had planned to attend a security conference in Israel months prior to the Ottawa shootings..........

And he planned to visit the Knesset and be honoured when he booked the trip?

Apparently you feel there is no attempt at politicizing Harper policy, with Harper's OK, by arranging this presentation.

I think this is purely political and takes away from the seriousness of the incident.

I don't see that, nor see why you'd feel that way. Vickers was honored by all Canadian MPs in the House and will receive similar treatment in Israel by their elected representatives well attending a prior arranged conference.........the only one attempting to politicizing this is you.

I think my "context" is fine. If you read again what I posted you'll see that's not what I implied.

What you posted was a doltish attempt to trivialize the actions of a man who put himself in potential danger to keep other people safe. If anyone needs to rethink anything, it's you. Mr. Vickers did a brave thing and it was a small positive to take out of a really sad story. Your mean-spirited belittlement of even that raises some questions about your state of mind.

Edited by Moonbox

Releasing that video of what happened during that firefight might shed some light on the actions of Mr Vickers, the shooter and the other law enforcement team members. But a few members of this board do not agree.

You mean like almost no one agrees? Was that what you meant to say?

Harper won the last election, get over it.

They will never recover from Harper Derangement Syndrome.

I find it very odd to be "honoured" in a foreign country for shooting a drug addict crazy guy....

Talk about politicizing.... this is crass.

How about for upholding civilization? Edited by jbg

I find it very odd to be "honoured" in a foreign country for shooting a drug addict crazy guy....

Talk about politicizing.... this is crass.

There's nothing strange about it whatsoever. This was a conference of professionals involved in security work. Naturally they find reason to congratulate a colleague who performed well. As for the Israeli government which has been beset by murderous Muslim terrorists for its entire existence, it's only natural they would congratulate someone who had confronted one successfully.

They will never recover from Harper Derangement Syndrome.How about for upholding civilization?

Shooting a lone drug addict gunman is "upholding civilization"? You have a very high opinion of what a single crazy guy can do to damage our entire civilization.

Shooting a lone drug addict gunman is "upholding civilization"? You have a very high opinion of what a single crazy guy can do to damage our entire civilization.

The U.S. hasn't totally recovered from JFK's assassination.

The U.S. hasn't totally recovered from JFK's assassination.

What does that have to do with anything? Canada is more pragmatic and seems to handle such tragedies much better. But so what? This didn't happen in America. It's a red herring.

What does that have to do with anything?

Well you brought into question how profoundly ONE person can affect civilization. JFK's assassination is one example. Have you ever heard of Franz Ferdinand? I wonder...

Canada is more pragmatic and seems to handle such tragedies much better. But so what?

and you're likely basing this on little more than self-serving bias/delusion.

It's a red herring.

It wasn't a red herring. It was a fairly simple illustration of how brain-dead your comment was.

What does that have to do with anything? Canada is more pragmatic and seems to handle such tragedies much better. But so what? This didn't happen in America. It's a red herring.

Other than Pierre LaPorte's assassination during the FLQ what other major assassinations have you had? Knowing you you'll probably say Louis Riel.

I think if I was a cop, especially in the US where they probably shoot one of these lone wolf wacko's on a daily basis, I'd feel rather slighted. No big fanfare for them, just a bunch of paperwork to fill out. It will be especially interesting if/when the autopsy reveals that Vickers shot a corpse.

Does it matter if it was a corpse if that status was only momentary at that time?