Canada's Justice Minister - "No Compromise"?

waldo

Yes...may as well get that base firmed up. Liberals and NDP want to take guns away...like in Australia.

...Canadian gun owners are slowly digging our own graves with our timid, apologetic approach to gun rights. Most Canadian gun owners, and most Canadian pro-gun organizations, have utilized a sporting purposes only argument in support of civilian gun ownership. Self defence has become a taboo topic.

That’s exactly right………Firearms owners are very much a part of the Tories grassroots....As to the NDP, without a doubt, they would require a licence to throw rocks……But the Liberals did vote down a resolution at their policy convention to bring about further gun control…….I’ll withhold final judgement until the new “Common Sense” legislation is tabled this fall in its final form, so as to hear an official LPC response……….

I fully intend to legally hunt Moose in the 2015 season with my ArmaLite Rifle model #10 ;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...may as well get that base firmed up. Liberals and NDP want to take guns away...like in Australia.

...Canadian gun owners are slowly digging our own graves with our timid, apologetic approach to gun rights. Most Canadian gun owners, and most Canadian pro-gun organizations, have utilized a sporting purposes only argument in support of civilian gun ownership. Self defence has become a taboo topic.

mini14.jpg

And anybody with half a brain in their head will ban'em for 9 year olds.

NRA paranoia bullshit. Keep it down south.

:lol: the LilyPad!!! Stoking the fires. I did have quite the chuckle over the suggestion the U.S. would be shortly introducing a federal gun registry... ya, ya; apparently, the NRA intends to turn over its lists to the government! You betcha.

Canadian gun owners are pushing back. REGISTRATION leads to...CONFISCATION:

It certainly can, but when one considers the majority of firearms are no longer registered, the feasibility of bringing back another long-gun registry, both on cost and compliance, is a non-starter politically……As such, the two plausible political parties that could form Government having no intentions of doing so…….

……unless of course a hypothetical future Liberal minority Government was propped up by the NDP…….If that came to fruition, expect sales of shovels and 4” PVC pipe to skyrocket!!! :lol: ....... :unsure:

The “No Compromise” logo came about several weeks after the reclassifications earlier this year…

that is now my understanding based on your statement and an article I've just read... somehow... you choose to also attach the RCMP High River supposed "gun grab" and the want to dismantle the Firearms Act into the origin of "No Compromise".

It certainly can, but when one considers the majority of firearms are no longer registered, the feasibility of bringing back another long-gun registry, both on cost and compliance, is a non-starter politically……As such, the two plausible political parties that could form Government having no intentions of doing so……

no - you're missing the thrust of the LilyPad's stoopid broadcast... "a warning to Americans that Obama's design on a federal gun registry will lead to American gun confiscation"

now as much as 'that guy' likes to deflect/distract and generally mess with threads, this is the Canadian Federal Politics Forum. I trust you will consider that and keep the topic focused in that regard. Thanks in advance.

:lol: the LilyPad!!! Stoking the fires. I did have quite the chuckle over the suggestion the U.S. would be shortly introducing a federal gun registry... ya, ya; apparently, the NRA intends to turn over its lists to the government! You betcha.

Crikey, I must have missed that one. Oh well if the NRA is turning over a new leaf then we must also be nearing the second coming. And I mean that in all sincerity because you know that they ain't gonna give up one barrier between them and the guv'ment without having another one in place. PTL, pass the ammo, I mean bible.

Edited by On Guard for Thee

Unfortunately, I’m not amongst the lucky few with a 12.2 licence, so as disqualifying ownership of submachine guns.

well... that's your official party line hey! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink! C'mon, just between anonymous internet brothers... how many full auto guns do you own? :D

Crikey, I must have missed that one. Oh well if the NRA is turning over a new leaf then we must also be nearing the second coming. And I mean that in all sincerity because you know that they ain't gonna give up one barrier between them and the guv'ment without having another one in place. PTL, pass the ammo, I mean bible.

torn from the warm, live hands of Wayne LaPierre!

that is now my understanding based on your statement and an article I've just read... somehow... you choose to also attach the RCMP High River supposed "gun grab" and the want to dismantle the Firearms Act into the origin of "No Compromise".

All three points have been combined to one mantra, with a common theme:

Liberals banned lots of our gun and made us get licences, coupled with a list held by the RCMP so they can get the rest later----RCMP stole Albertans firearms----RCMP reclassified ~14k gun owners firearms------Harper Conservatives have yet to ban the RCMP & return our guns, hence Harper Conservatives are anti-gun and have never done ANYTHING for gun owners--------Gun Owners should vote Libertarian to teach Harper Conservatives a lesson unless they scrap the Liberals Firearms Act and deregulate gun ownership for all Canadians!!!!! :rolleyes:

Surprisingly, outside an initial influx of new members and donations after the reclassifications, the relevance of the NFA has been diminishing (post LGR binning) with their apparent inability to understand political realities and gain influence (unlike the CSSA), coupled by long-time members/donators, gun retailers, hunting & shooting clubs etc distancing themselves at a greater rate after their inane response during the then ongoing Moncton shootings.

well... that's your official party line hey! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink! C'mon, just between anonymous internet brothers... how many full auto guns do you own? :D

Zilch......But I did have an older uncle that had a 12.2 & 12.3 licence (on his death, several of his WW II era guns went to the CWM) and my father currently has a 12.6 licence for prohibited handguns………..

All three points have been combined to one mantra, with a common theme:

yes - combined... by you! As I interpret the origin of the 'No Compromise' is the shift in classification of those referenced firearms from restricted to prohibited. The rest is just your grab-bag list of other things you're pissed about. In any case, let it go!

on another point: since you were after me a few days back, like a junkyard dog barking about why the Liberals hadn't yet released their 2015 election platform, will you offer comment as to whether the Harper Conservatives will run on their so-called "Common Sense Firearms Act"... and if not, why not? Have to note: it seems every new piece of Harper Conservative legislation comes with these cutesy descriptive attachments... in this case, it couldn't just be called the "Firearms Licensing Act"... it has to be the "Common Sense" Firearms Act!

yes - combined... by you! As I interpret the origin of the 'No Compromise' is the shift in classification of those referenced firearms from restricted to prohibited. The rest is just your grab-bag list of other things you're pissed about. In any case, let it go!

Not combined by me, it’s there stated policy and intent……..I think their intent is even alluded to in your OP article………Why would I lie?

on another point: since you were after me a few days back, like a junkyard dog barking about why the Liberals hadn't yet released their 2015 election platform, will you offer comment as to whether the Harper Conservatives will run on their so-called "Common Sense Firearms Act"... and if not, why not? Have to note: it seems every new piece of Harper Conservative legislation comes with these cutesy descriptive attachments... in this case, it couldn't just be called the "Firearms Licensing Act"... it has to be the "Common Sense" Firearms Act!

It won't be run on as a promise, as it will be made law by next ~March, but as part of their record on support for "Lawful Canadian hunters and sports shooters" etc........they are already including it in their donation seeking emails sent to party membership.

Edited by Derek 2.0

To add, a report with Liberal Party comments:

Liberal MP and former leader Stéphane Dion called on MacKay to answer whether he endorses the NFA's goal of repealing Canada's firearms laws, such as the requirement to obtain a license. He also said MacKay should "clarify whether he supports other views espoused by the NFA, particularly the mass arming of citizens, the undermining of law enforcement officials, or the public display of images of young children holding and shooting firearms."

I'm surprised the CBC article didn't include Dion's comments.....

in regards his wearing the CNFA's "Canadian Flag-Assault Rifle --- No Compromise" t-shirt, Harper Conservative Justice Minister, Peter MacKay, said: "Having spent a great deal of time with members of the Canadian Forces, I have never shied away from an opportunity to demonstrate my support for them and their families".

so ya... apparently... MacKay is supporting the Canadian Armed Forces by wearing a bastardized Canadian flag tee from a pro-gun lobby organization!

Outrage! Outrage! Outrage!

The only to say about this is...it's a sad day when our Flag and country are connected to a rifle, associated to war and killing, and that's what Harper and his terrorists gang has created for this country.

But Canada has long been specifically associated with a rifle (Ross), and wars to save the Commonwealth from certain doom. Why would it be considered any different now under PM Harper ?

Outrage! Outrage! Outrage!

you really should take the time to understand exactly what the CNFA stands for... what it wants to do with Canada's gun laws. MLW member, '2.0', attempted to make the distinction between the CNFA and the CSSA. Apparently, you're as blundering indiscriminate as Harper Conservative Justice Minister, Peter MacKay! Well done.

It takes but a few keystrokes and America's Google/Wiki to shine the true light on Canada's proud (wartime) heritage:

Remembrance Day

The federal department of Veterans Affairs Canada states that the date is of "remembrance for the men and women who have served, and continue to serve our country during times of war, conflict and peace"; specifically, the First and Second World Wars, the Korean War, and all conflicts since then in which members of the Canadian Forces have participated. The department runs a program called Canada Remembers with the mission of helping young and new Canadians, most of whom have never known war, "come to understand and appreciate what those who have served Canada in times of war, armed conflict and peace stand for and what they have sacrificed for their country."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day#Canada