Moncton NB shooting

Would not the body still be dissapating heat? 12 hrs isnt that much time for a body to cool

That's what I was figuring he may have done. But he should still be showing on IR. The body cools at about .83 C/hour and the current temperature in Moncton is 21C So he couldn't be dead long enough yet to fade into the background temp. From what those who actually sawe him up close he seemed to be a man on a mission. Maybe his mission included a good escape plan.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what gun law would have prevented this?

Maybe none. Until the question of what happened is clear, no one can even attempt to answer your question.

Because no gun law can completely prevent a crime like this, there should be no gun laws? If that is the case there should be no laws because no law can completely prevent crime.

Regulations and laws are risk management, trying to strike a balance between public safety and not unduly restricting an objects legitimate use or individual freedoms. They can't eliminate risk completely.

Just of topic a bit, but I notice the Par. Sec. to Justice, a MP for the riding of Moncton was home and not in Ottawa with the rest of the MP's and its only Thursday, not a big deal, just a observation.

They are MPs with responsibilities to their ridings as well so they cant spend all of their time in Ottawa and completely ignore their own riding and constituents.

Rather than spam the forum with your ridiculous unsupportable claims of more insanity, why not try to explain why you think my explanation is insane?

Which explanation? I think most of your posts are pretty borderline insane.

Canada's National Firearm Association decided to make a really stupid statement on these events. Congratulations on being the first to politicize this situation, while the killer is still on the loose. That's class.

https://twitter.com/JProskowGlobal/status/474639166857547779/photo/1

Always trust a gun lobby group to come up with the dumbest statements around.

They just cant help themselves. When they should be quiet, they yell, when they should yell they are silent.

This might give you some insight into this killer's psychological profile.

Its based on the studies of Dr James Knoll, a leading forensic psychiatrist with special expertise in mass murderers who studies the pattern of their demographics and psychological profiles of mass killers and can be foubnd for example in a presentation in 2013 to the Congressional Research Service that examined public mass shootings. I repeat what he came up with verbatum.

That CRS investigation/report looked at 78 public mass shootings in the US since 1983 that h resulted in 547 deaths and 1, 023 casualties.

Here is the pattern that emerged as to the profile of such killers according to Dr. K;

1-most often young males who act alone after carefully planning of the event

2-they have a history of longstanding fascination with weapons and have collected large stores of them

3- the shootings usually occur in a public place and during the daytime

4-the murderer exhibits resentment about real or imagined rejections and is fixed on past humiliations

5-his view of the world is paranoid, i.e., he sees the world as chaotic, frightening, threatening

6-he has feelings of social persecution, envy, and grudge holding

7-be believes that the world is unfair and others are more privileged enjoying everything he can never have

8-he feels powerless and therefore is pent up with rage over his being powerless and this is often manifested in sexual impotency and an inability to form any intimate relationships

9- as a result of 8 he's reduced to violent fantasies where he has super power (n Freudian terms he replaces his powerless penis with a gun which symbolizes his sexual power and compensates for his otherwise feeling powerless)

10- he is overwhelmed with a rage and a compulsive need to punish or destroy others who he blames for failing to appreciate and understand his worth

11-his rage transforms at fuirst into fantasies of violent revenge and then the exact moment he then decides to put his rage into practice is not clearly known-something triggers it and whether that stressor or trigger is an imagined slight or not is not clearly known

12-the mass murderer most often texpects to die and frequently does in what amounts to a mass homicide and personal suicide

13- he may chose to kill himself or act out a last stand scenario where he does violently at the hands of police.

14-more often then not mass murderers are white young males, often unemployed and did not do well in school.

Here is where it gets confusing. whetehr he would fall under a specific psychiatric illness defined under the DSM-V psychiatric diagnostic manual is hard to say because it is often not clear how to define and measure the severity of the traits arising from the behaviour or manifested symptomns described above.

For example the man we now deal with could be schizophrenic, manic depressive, have an anti-social personality disorder, then again he may not be able to be fit neatly in any category we define as a psychiatric illness. He mightly be completely removed from reality (the layman's term for that is psychotic) and delusional and not in touch at all with reality or he could be totally and utterly sane and know exactly what he is doing and be in control of himself.

Certainly the killer seems to conform to if not all most of the characteristics Dr. Knoll has identified.

I am afraid as the days go on and light is shed from this person's parents as to who he was you will see the above profile emerge and as one poster said its probable he may have already killed himself or waiting to make a stand with police to get himself killed in a shoot out.

Let's hope the police can get to him so he can not shoot any more police or any innocent people.

Edited by Rue

I don't see any shotguns in that picture.

Didn't you say you were some kind of special forces commando or something? I would think anybody with even passing knowledge would recognize the big red shotgun shells on the stock of the gun on his back.

-k

Canada's National Firearm Association decided to make a really stupid statement on these events. Congratulations on being the first to politicize this situation, while the killer is still on the loose. That's class.

https://twitter.com/JProskowGlobal/status/474639166857547779/photo/1

This was political the instant it happened, and I doubt gun control people will wait long to use this to their advantage.

I agree it's a stupid statement, though. Canada's gun control measures work very well.

-k

Harper beat them to it!

Just like any other politician, he was probably salivating to try and score political points!

WWWTT

This was political the instant it happened, and I doubt gun control people will wait long to use this to their advantage.

I agree it's a stupid statement, though. Canada's gun control measures work very well.

-k

They're idiots kimmy. I agree with Guyser 2, they are too stupid to know what is in their own best interest. Instead of supporting and being a part of what is a quite reasonable system, they make themselves look like morons.

Usually shootings in Canada don't get as much attention in the media south of the 49th like a certain mayor going through rehab. But this is plastered all over the MSM there.

Must be the Second Amendment. Oops. I forgot. Doesn't apply in Canada.

Next.

Oh I wonder what kind of moronic bullshit the NRA and their brain dead supporters will come up with now. "Oh if we only had more guns on the street" Apparently the cops didn't have enough, but this guy seemed to have lots.

The Canadian version of the NRA has already issued a statement saying we should loosen gun controls because they don't stop these kinds of tragedies. At a moment when 3 RCMP officers were outgunned and murdered, they call of the loosening of restrictions. They sure have a way with words.