528 people sentenced to death in Egypt!

WWWTT

Over 500 Egyptians sentenced to death!!

If that isn't one of the biggest human rights violations then I don't know what is!

I was horrified to see this headline and first thought that this can't be true!

http://Sixteen Egyptian rights groups voiced concern, saying the trial constituted a "dangerous, unprecedented shift in the Egyptian's judiciary's treatment of such cases" and represented "a grave violation of both the right to a fair trial and the right to life

From what I have read, there is still an opportunity for some of these condemned people to fight this, but it sounds like a slim chance. And there are even more going on trial so this can balloon even further!

Where are you now Mr. Harper? Why isn't Canada imposing sanctions on Egypt for this hideous crime against humanity?

How about Barak Obama?

WWWTT

What about him ? The U.S. has over 3,000 people on death row and executed about 50 last year...1,369 since 1977.

Better slap some sanctions on the U.S. instead !!

I am against the death penalty, no question there.

And so are many states part of the union!

But over 500 ppl from one instance where only one cop died????

WWWTT

How many would be enough ? Egypt wants to get their attention !

I can't answer your question.

And I'm sure you're right, but it is still disgusting and the western leaders shouldn't be sitting on their hands like nothing is going on!

WWWTT

There is a bright spot to this story. In most of the countries in the world these 528 people would never have seen a trial and would have just disappeared.

Provide the link!

WWWTT

WW you do realize the same Putin you support for invading the Ukraine is an ally of the current Egyptian regime.... amazing how that works. The same guy you think is liberating the Ukraine from fascist anti semites is supporting |fascists| in Egypt. Say now its so confusing.

0-691-03387-0 (cloth)

This is a sort of show trial on a parallel with the sort of thing Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and their ilk did. Unfrigging believable that the West is just standing by and letting this happen. Those are real people!!!!!

And there are more to come. This is only the beginning:

"At least 16,000 people have been arrested since July, by official government counts. Many of these are being held without charges, and many more are being tried en masse. An even larger group is due in Minya's criminal court Tuesday."

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-egypt-death-penalty-20140325,0,6047819.story

WW you do realize the same Putin you support for invading the Ukraine is an ally of the current Egyptian regime.... amazing how that works. The same guy you think is liberating the Ukraine from fascist anti semites is supporting |fascists| in Egypt. Say now its so confusing.

Actually, from what I have read, the sanctions against Russia actually help Putin (and Russia)for crying out loud!

This seems to be a big freekin spun web, and it's not clear who stands with who and who is against who!?!?

But on this one topic, I find it alarming that so many people have been rammed through a trial and are sentenced to death!

Western leaders must save face and denounce this violation!

I will write a letter to my MP and attach the link!

WWWTT

Will this mean more protests and yet ANOTHER change in government? No wait the military is in charge now. PROGRESS!

I know, that's freekin crazy!

How many people are going to die there?

WWWTT

0-691-03387-0 (cloth)

This is a sort of show trial on a parallel with the sort of thing Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and their ilk did. Unfrigging believable that the West is just standing by and letting this happen. Those are real people!!!!!

And there are more to come. This is only the beginning:

"At least 16,000 people have been arrested since July, by official government counts. Many of these are being held without charges, and many more are being tried en masse. An even larger group is due in Minya's criminal court Tuesday."

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-egypt-death-penalty-20140325,0,6047819.story

Apparently this ruling can be turned over in several opportunities and is unlikely to carry.

But still alarming and worth making noise about!!!!

WWWTT

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/26/sisi-resigns-egypt-military-run-for-presidency

Who could've saw this coming......he said rolling his eyes.

"Then I'll get on my knees and pray. We don't get fooled again. Don't get fooled again, no no. Yeah Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

You know what, I'm starting to think these people were better off with a dictator that they had before!

Just like Iraq!

WWWTT

You realize the whole western world is an ally of the military dictatorship in Egypt, and cheered when they took power from Morsi, and has not only endorsed military rule in Egypt for 40 years, but has propped up that regime with huge ammounts of money?

You realize the whole western world is an ally of the military dictatorship in Egypt, and cheered when they took power from Morsi, and has not only endorsed military rule in Egypt for 40 years, but has propped up that regime with huge ammounts of money?

No. US military aid stopped after the army took control of Egypt. Russia is currently backing the regime in Egypt.

Interesting. We've seen what happened with Russian backing of Syria. Utter massacres of the population...

The world powers have cannibalized the Middle East for their own purposes.

And what about Iraq?

A lot more dead people in Iraq!

WWWTT