Canada Now More Business Friendly Than U.S.

Shady

Thank you to President Obama and Obamanomics! We couldn't have done it without you! :)

Canada, struggling to emerge from a two-year slump brought on by weak exports, has swept past the U.S., Germany and Japan in a Bloomberg ranking of the best countries for doing business

Canada rose four places to reach second place, behind only Hong Kong, which led for a third straight year. The U.S. fell one spot to third place in the index that’s based on six criteria, followed by Singapore and Australia.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-01-21/business-friendly-canada-overtakes-u-dot-s-dot-in-bloomberg-ranking

I would expect us to remain in the top three for quite a while. I could see Germany bouncing back and overtaking us for second place, but as Obama continues to hammer the U.S. economy, they'll be hard pressed to stay in the top 5, let alone move up a position or two. Moody's has already downgraded the American insurance industry because of Obamacare, with talks of an insurance bailout not far behind because of what the trainwreck legislation known as Obamacare has done to that part of the economy.

Fixing the disaster that is the US healthcare system will help spur the US economy and increase their GDP production, since healthy workers (not to mention alive workers) are much more productive. Healthcare and education aren't just "costs", they're excellent investments for a society & its economy that pays off in spades.

Fixing the disaster that is the US healthcare system will help spur the US economy and increase their GDP production, since healthy workers (not to mention alive workers) are much more productive. Healthcare and education aren't just "costs", they're excellent investments for a society & its economy that pays off in spades.

I agree. But what does that have to do with the post?

According to your link Shady, Hong Kong ranked as the #1 country.

Hong Kong is not a country by the way, but hey lets not let facts get in the way of our twisted propaganda message!

http://ca.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7oP8ZOJSFVIA1YkXFwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBybnZlZnRlBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=11qjhj8oo/EXP=1390597500/**http%3a//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

Corporate tax cuts are good for greedy selfish corporations that have no interest in the well being of any country!

Want to see the economy skyrocket? Eliminate corporate tax cuts straight across the board right around the world in every country, eliminate every tax haven and well see a new world renaissance!

Want to see our economy in Chaos?

Let the corporations do whatever they want!

WWWTT

According to your link Shady, Hong Kong ranked as the #1 country.

Hong Kong is not a country by the way, but hey lets not let facts get in the way of our twisted propaganda message!

http://ca.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7oP8ZOJSFVIA1YkXFwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBybnZlZnRlBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=11qjhj8oo/EXP=1390597500/**http%3a//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

Corporate tax cuts are good for greedy selfish corporations that have no interest in the well being of any country!

Want to see the economy skyrocket? Eliminate corporate tax cuts straight across the board right around the world in every country, eliminate every tax haven and well see a new world renaissance!

Want to see our economy in Chaos?

Let the corporations do whatever they want!

WWWTT

Come'on WWWTT, you're better than that. Don't resort to strawmen and false choices like some other forum members. Nobody is suggesting that corporations do whatever they want. And I didn't rank Hong Kong as a country, it's from an economic analysis of the most business friendly locations.

Come'on WWWTT, you're better than that. Don't resort to strawmen and false choices like some other forum members. Nobody is suggesting that corporations do whatever they want. And I didn't rank Hong Kong as a country, it's from an economic analysis of the most business friendly locations.

Corps can and have done a lot more of what they want than any single private citizen can (unless you are rich). Now whether it is good or bad, that is debatable.

Edited by GostHacked

Corps can and have done a lot more of what they want than any single private citizen can (unless you are rich). Now whether it is good or bad, that is debatable.

Corporations ARE private citizens. Corporations can be made up of one individual.

Corporations ARE private citizens. Corporations can be made up of one individual.

Corporations are not private citizens. They are distinct legal entities which are treated the same as a person in many contexts but this does not make them citizens.

That said, corporations are collectives that pool the resources of many people so corporations can do more than a private citizen. It is not different than a union or a charity.

Corporations are not private citizens. They are distinct legal entities which are treated the same as a person in many contexts but this does not make them citizens.

That said, corporations are collectives that pool the resources of many people so corporations can do more than a private citizen. It is not different than a union or a charity.

Good point, my mistake, I meant to say that they're made up of private citizens. The business type itself obviously isn't. Sorry abou that.

who built that? :lol: I'm surprised you so buckled and changed your tune! So... corporations aren't people then?

No, corporations are groups of people, or even just one person. Anyways, please stop hijacking the thread. it's about business friendliness.

No, corporations are groups of people, or even just one person. Anyways, please stop hijacking the thread. it's about business friendliness.

just commenting on your jack... by the way, I note you managed a half-dozen references to Obama/Obamacare in your 'business friendly" OP! :lol:

just commenting on your jack... by the way, I note you managed a half-dozen references to Obama/Obamacare in your 'business friendly" OP! :lol:

Yes I did. Because it's having such a negative economic impact. Possible insurance industry bailout, as well as it being a boat anchor around the necks of business, especially small business. You don't think that's important? Why not?

Yes I did. Because it's having such a negative economic impact. Possible insurance industry bailout, as well as it being a boat anchor around the necks of business, especially small business. You don't think that's important? Why not?

so Canada moving past the U.S., Germany and Japan in Bloomberg's "friendliness" analysis is because of Obamacare?

I am trying to find fault with the link that you are using as basis for this thread. And I have found at least one major thing. That's something that could be used to help discredit it. Sorry bro.

WWWTT

More like private citizens are corporations. Reason why your name is all in UPPER CASE when dealing with legal government documents, like your birth certificate.

However, corps should never ever get 'person' status simply due to you cannot jail a whole corporation, buy you can jail the people working for it.

This is the reason why any country favours a corporation and not an individual citizen.