Omar Khadr reclassified as a medium-security

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it's you I want to inflict Mr Khadr on or more to the point, rub your nose in the war crimes our country and much of the western democracies involved themselves in this conflict are guilty of. It's pretty clear as long as the fiction our side has woven around the larger circumstances and implications surrounding Khadr remain fixed where they are the longer a reckoning of our criminality can be delayed.

Edited by eyeball

Right...the poor little dear has been reformed. How silly of me.

So are you, like eyeball, willing to inflict Mr Khadr on your family and friends? Would you invite him to a BBQ?

Yes... he could carve the turducken... :rolleyes:

Your hyperbole is assinine.

You, like any sane Canadian, wants nothing to do with poor little Omar or his love of road-side bombs. You'd rather inflict a known al-Qaeda terrorist on me rather than let him stay at your sanctimonious abode. All while you blather on about war crimes like a first year university student. Keep it real, Che.

Yes I'd want justice but we obviously completely disagree on who the criminals are. To me these include people and institutions that amongst many many other crimes, have illegally persecuted Omar Khadr.

Like I've said before we contributed to screwing them when we invaded them.

There was plenty of political will being expended, deliberately, on the wrong person. I've been pointing my finger at his mother since day one and you've been faulting both. Shame on you and shame on us.

So for the record Omar is not guilty of any crimes, nor should he be held responsable for any he commited under the age 18. Why is what i want to know, give me an example why he should not be held accountable, in Canadian law, inter national law , shit any law.... help me understand why?

I also want to know why omar gets a free pass in all the laws he broke, and all the rights he help surpress. Because we did not fully protect him as he was a minor ?....In my eyes our Government did alot for young mr Omar, and so did the US....

I've been faulting both for a good reason, both are guilty of war crimes....and we Canadians do not have the balls to charge them with anything....they are a wart on the end of our penis, that need to be removed, to be charged here , do their time here then sent back to Afghan to face the Afghanis people for the crimes they have commited there...there is no shame in that....

Key words: not coerced or forced.

Taking a child and making a soldier out of him to fight for Al Qaeda is coersion by any definition of the word.

Your right Squid, but it has also been proven that Omar had plenty of chances to leave and stop fighting for Al Qaeda, but he chose not to ....he had plenty of chances to turn himself in to NATO forces. but did not....do we close our eyes to that ..or continue to blame his parents

The issue is the need so many Canadians have to throw these into super-max prisons, punish them for the sins of their parents or adults who should have known better and then stigmatize, ostracize and denigrate them (which is a crime) until the day they die. It's just plain sick.

If Omar moves next door to you and you don't like it, then I guess it sucks to be you. In the meantime you're always free to move.

We as Canadians have done this forever, look at child molestation, some of these kids that were molested as children go on to become molesters themselfs....and yet we do not want them in our towns let alone as neibors....in fact i'll go out on a limb and say we don't want any harden criminals as neibors....

We as Canadians have done this forever, look at child molestation, some of these kids that were molested as children go on to become molesters themselfs....and yet we do not want them in our towns let alone as neibors....in fact i'll go out on a limb and say we don't want any harden criminals as neibors....

Both clearly stated that they would have no problem taking Omar Khadr into their homes. It was you and I that were described as a threat.

Yes, I'd have no hesitation in inviting him to a barbecue.

I'd be wary of inviting you and Army Guy but to be fair I'd have to give you the benefit of doubt. I could probably safely do so knowing you'd take a pass.

it would be safe bet i would not be inviting Omar or any of his family to a BBQ, i don't think it would be a good conversation, i have nothing to say to him, don't get me wrong i don't hate him, i just hate what he stands for........nor do i want to share anything with him or his family....to me he will always be just a terrorist, nothing more....

Eyeball on the other hand i'd have you over any day, we don't agree on a whole lot which means the conversation would be interesting to say the least, and while we may not agree on anything,that and the fact i did not spend a year and a half of my life hunting you down....So I would take you up on your invition.

So for the record Omar is not guilty of any crimes, nor should he be held responsable for any he commited under the age 18. Why is what i want to know, give me an example why he should not be held accountable, in Canadian law, inter national law , shit any law.... help me understand why?

NOBODY said he gets a free pass.

Omar Khadr IS serving his time.

END of discussion.

Both clearly stated that they would have no problem taking Omar Khadr into their homes. It was you and I that were described as a threat.

Well DOP your pretty Scary, just the name alone brings tears to liberal eyes.....You invoke death and destruction with every breath....you've been known to clear entire city blocks with just a thought....Hey sounds like a super hero to me, they can be scary, who in the hell wants to hang out with a super hero anyways....

i mean you voice opinions that reflect perhaps a good deal of Candians, Opinions that perhaps some are not ready to hear....But i thought thats why we all come here to debate our ideas to learn from each other, i know i have learned something from everyone i debate with , including eyeball .....but still all in all your scary...... So grab your custume and we'll head over to Eyeballs for that pork BBQ, maybe even bring a few Jewish friends, i mean it's going to be a party....

NOBODY said he gets a free pass.

Omar Khadr IS serving his time.

END of discussion.

Actually I said it, even gave you the sources which you refused to either read or comprehend.... and he has got a free pass on many charges that were not filed.....

Oh one last piont, i don't think i was replying to your post, not that it matters, you don't answer any of the questions anyways. With that being said how can you end a conversation that you were not part off.....

He actually chose--asked--to go to Afghanistan in early 2002.

I did not say that, we already know the facts that he did not have a chioce to where he went when he was a young boy, but when he was 15 he was no longer under his families care and control,( in fact he had very little supervision)....he knew were the NATO soldiers were, because he spied on them, he could have gave himself up at any time....but did not....Thats what i said, ...

You, like any sane Canadian, wants nothing to do with poor little Omar or his love of road-side bombs. You'd rather inflict a known al-Qaeda terrorist on me rather than let him stay at your sanctimonious abode. All while you blather on about war crimes like a first year university student. Keep it real, Che.

What about the Al-Queda terrorists we are supporting in Syria and abroad? Seems hypocritical to talk about Kahdr and not address what our foreign policy is accomplishing which is helping breed terrorism.

NATO Machete? Are you that desperate to troll now? That would be the only way to convince you eh? Only a simpleton would buy your line.

I did not say that, we already know the facts that he did not have a chioce to where he went when he was a young boy, but when he was 15 he was no longer under his families care and control...

I know you didn't say it; I did, as illustration of just how far back his personal choices went. In early 2002, when he was 15, he was, in fact, still in his family's care, living with his mother in Waziristan. He hated the situation and asked his father to let him go to Afghanistan. His father accepted, against the mother's protestations, and off Omar went and in Afghanistan he stayed, in the fold of al-Qaeda, until he was captured.

You'd invite him to a BBQ? Introduce him to the family? You can pretend it's merely me...but, I think you have more sense than to allow a 'reformed' child soldier to get that close. You talk a good game...as expected.

You know, it's possible that you've met some horrible people in your life that have been reformed and you don't even know it.