Parliament employees face a lifetime ban on revealing information

I believe that current whistle blower legislation would supercede this agreement in the court of law;

"CONFLICT OF INTEREST, LOYALTY AND CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT

I,
[
employee name
]
, acknowledge and agree to the following: 1.
That as an employee of Y
[
Member of Parliament/House Officer/Research Bureau
]
(“my employer”), I recognize the unique nature of my employment and, in particular, the politically sensitive and partisan environment in which my duties will be carried out and which require utmost trust. 2.
That I will serve my employer in good faith and loyalty and, to that end, will seek my employer’s consent prior to undertaking
any other work, service contract for consulting and professional services, businesses, volunteer work or other activities that may appear to present a conflict of interest or be contrary to any policy established by the Board of Internal Economy. 3.
That I will avoid any activity, business venture or interest that might reflect unfavourably upon the integrity or good name of my employer and the House of Commons or affect my judgment in carrying out my duties. 4.
That I will not act contrary to any policy established by the Board of Internal Economy. In particular, I will not provide services under contract to, or benefit from any such contractual arrangement with, my employer, another Member of Parliament, a House Officer, a Research Office or with the House of Commons. 5.
That I will disclose, in a timely fashion, any gifts, gratuities and payments by third parties in the course of my employment. 6.
That information to which I may become privy in the course of my employment relating to the activities and work of my employer is politically sensitive and confidential and that I will not divulge such information except as may be required by law. 7.
That any breach of this Agreement is a basis for termination of employment without notice or pay in lieu of notice. 8.
That this Agreement survives the termination of employment. In the event of a post-employment breach of this Agreement, in addition to any other legal or administrative recourse available to my employer or the House of Commons, I will repay any amount equal to any termination pay received on termination of employment. I attest that I have read and understand this agreement.
_________________________ _________________ Signature Date"

This isn't a "Toronto Star" story, i've read it in other Canadian newspapers. Political staff are being muzzled in all parties because politicians don't want their corruption to be made public. This is completely unacceptable:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/mp-staffers-forced-to-sign-life-long-gag-orders-to-get-annual-raises/article15882765/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hill-staff-asked-to-sign-lifetime-confidentiality-agreements-1.2458112

The new contracts require all MPs’ staff, and caucus researchers for every party, to keep quiet on any “information to which [a staffer] may become privy” because it’s “politically sensitive and confidential.” The confidentiality agreement applies indefinitely even after an employee leaves the job. Only when required by law, such as during court testimony, will they be allowed to breach confidentiality.
If current staff break the pact, they can be fired on the spot without severance. Former staff who disclose any information face an unspecified “legal or administrative recourse,” and could be ordered to repay any severance they received.

There's a lot of noise around this issue but when you break it down, a neighbour phoned Ford to tell him that someone was sneaking around the back of his house. Regardless of why Dale said he was there, it is not acceptable for anyone - including a journalist - to be sneaking around someone's backyard in the evening.

He wasn't.

Any homeowner would be concerned - and upset. It is outside the bounds of responsible journalisn - and any sane court will arrive at that conclusion - and Ford's ramblings will be understood as rightful frustration, if not anger.

Umm....it has been propven beyond a shadow of a doubt that...(1) Dale was not in the backyard ...oh never mind, if the truth is elusive to you this long after the fact then keep on being that supporter of Ford Nation.

That's just it: first, Ford said HE saw the reporter; then he amended it to "my neighbor told me"; then he insinuated that the man might be a pedophile.

Now he says that isn't what he meant...except we heard him say it, and it obviously can have no other meaning.

(Unless Ford's defenders would like to posit another possibility? I'd love to hear it! :)

Finally, the police, looking at the journalist's camera and phone, and also checking surveillance video, have concluded that the allegation has no merit.