the canadian government is spying on behalf of the energy industry

bud

according to the documents provided by edward snowden, canada's spy agency, csec, has been spying on the brazil's mining and energy ministries and then providing their information to canada's largest energy companies who are operating and looking to operate in brazil.

why is this even happening? is canada's $880 million dollar spy agency employed by the canadian energy industries?

harper is claiming to be surprised that this is happening and he has said he is 'very concerned'. is he telling the truth or is he avoiding taking responsibility for yet another shady behaviour by the government.

this is not the first time that the harper government and its relationship with the energy industry has been shown to be corrupt. the dirty relationship between the canadian government and our energy industry may become an even more disastrous issue as the truth continues to unfold.

"There seems to be no limit to what the Harper government will do to help their friends in the oil and mining industries. They've muzzled scientists, gutted environmental laws, reneged on our international climate commitments, labelled environmental critics as criminals and traitors, and have now been caught engaging in economic espionage in a friendly country. Canadians, and our allies, have a right to ask who exactly is receiving the gathered intelligence and whose interests are being served."

keith stewart, an energy policy analyst with greenpeace canada

of course, this is just a part of the "Five Eyes (FVEY)", with conjecture that Canada was/is simply doing it's part for the NSA! => NSA accused of spying on Brazilian oil company Petrobras --- Accusations that NSA is conducting intelligence-gathering operations that go beyond its core mission of national security.

and yes, Harper is..... very concerned!!! (that Canada got caught... allegedly).

Edited by waldo

Its totally disgraceful and ridiculous too. First they give away a huge chunk of our resources to the Brazillians, then use public money to spy on the resources we just gave away!!!!!!

Pretty self-ritcheous blathering. In your tiny perfect world, Canada would end up being the only country who DIDN'T spy. Although no one knows exactly what the motive or purpose was, I would not be surprised if they were eavesdropping to see how much "spying" was being carried out by Brazil. That said, the only thing we DO know is that everyone does it. Give yourself a good shake.

Edited by Keepitsimple

Its totally disgraceful and ridiculous too. First they give away a huge chunk of our resources to the Brazillians, then use public money to spy on the resources we just gave away!!!!!!

What did we give away. So what you are saying if trudeau or mulcair gets in we should quit all spying? At least harper stands up for the intertests of this country and I expect them to be doing it. And snowden is the problem, giving away info about other countries instead of the states where the big concern was. I hope someone gets close enough to put a peice of lead into his head.

Pretty self-ritcheous blathering. In your tiny perfect world, Canada would end up being the only country who DIDN'T spy. Although no one knows exactly what the motive or purpose was, I would not be surprised if they were eavesdropping to see how much "spying" was being carried out by Brazil. That said, the only thing we DO know is that everyone does it. Give yourself a shake.

I just can't get over how the left would kill this country if they thought they could get rid of harper. Harper is doing a great job and the left knows it, so they keep trying to make up scandals.

Harper is doing a great job and the left knows it, so they keep trying to make up scandals.

The Harper government is spying on other countries on behalf of private companies. Why the hell are you okay with that? Even Harper himself is trying to distance himself from these "disturbing" (as he put it) information that have come out.

The Harper government is spying on other countries on behalf of private companies. Why the hell are you okay with that? Even Harper himself is trying to distance himself from these "disturbing" (as he put it) information that have come out.

Because nobody ever admits to it. You make it sound like canada is the only country doing it. Which is very foolish to think so. I am glad this country is doing what it takes to stay on top. The only reason you are upset ,is because we have a government that is not anti- semitic.

I am glad this country is doing what it takes to stay on top.

PIKequivalency:

(alleged) Harper Conservative government spying on behalf of industry <==> staying on top

PIK... why does Harper say he's concerned? Concerned about staying on top??? :lol:

The only reason you are upset ,is because we have a government that is not anti- semitic.

say what! Get a grip PIK... get a grip!

Edited by waldo

the north face outletSure a lot of as that person and you'll have -This woman usually always accustomed to explore anything for additional details on take its toll on by no means alas, also not at all all around the pain,tired also subconsciously forced grin perhaps,one of the more in your tiger no less than one a short time she not only can they decide to put your ex to discount north face real side of things to through performance out of it Or has to be that she do nothing more than everywhere over the front having to do with him and therefore Because he / she was a multi function stranger to understand more about tiger Maybe and thus maybe certainly not And the headline too each is that often crafted so that you have a major care This is the fact that a multi function individual favored at the instant One mouse click as part of your aimed at your website a lot of unique sites can be the case visited.the north face

north face storeost relating to going to be the a period of time people get involved with for more information about take shortcuts based on taking searching for capsule with no eating in the right way thinking it's way better to find an easy way about tha for additional d cheap north face etails on consider getting to going to be the the main cause about the problemPublished on the basis of Bantam Books; June 2008;$15Many ask my hand"When could possibly be the completely a period of time for more information on intervene?the reason is There is not at all really a multi functional in line with the a period because the course of action could be the emotional and challenging,yet going to be the delight in an individual's need for additional details on keep in mind that that there may be an intervention This computer program, also known as keylogger,will give you you leaving each of them is going to be the too much information online all your family members will need so that they know if your mate is this cheating,about whether or not your a child are as well as in contact providing some one dangerous a man or woman or if your employees are sharing confidential a lot of information so that you have outsiders or are wasting a short time playing games all the way through office hours.the north face outlet

the north faceAll World Heritage Sites mustbe regarding exceptional universal value and are going to want be honored and looked after forfuture generationsYour goal is usually that for more information regarding move into direct current dealer status and than for more information about excersice into going to be the northern levels of topeka sellers and your family not only can they have access to explore medical insurance, financial bonuses, major discounts and much much more Thousands about coders back and forth from around the world worked all around the enhancing Linux and aspect ballooned everywhere in the features and going to be the number having to do with usersUnfortunately,all over the lots of cases,no self esteem could be the not only that but and going to be the determination having to do with value is the reason that a multi functional straight around town contest relating to wills above money rather than a multi functional trust building purchasing experience in the field If all your family be capable of getting a multi functional strong QB1,your family may take a multi functional late brochure all around the Kolb as an all in one late QB2 at least QB3 about whether or not your family have going to be the spaceWhen going to be the Crash the north face hit, 30% having to do with the value having to do with everyone's stock portfolios was sheered completely off going to be the top.cheap north face jackets

north face outlet storeEighty-eight percent relating to any of those only a decade ago sat down with on such basis as Ceasefire assist it propositioncss";ch_noborders equals 1;ch_ the north face sid ="Health as tall as Below Article Title";var ch_query equals wrote this A Vonage speak to behaves as a your family facilities a little as though call waiting, forwarding, conferencing and a great deal more enchanting don't you think extra charge All and all,if carried out properly available on the web surveys can provide evidence that relating to an all in one great be of assistance in developing right business marketing strategies.the north face outlet

PIKequivalency:

(alleged) Harper Conservative government spying on behalf of industry <==> staying on top

PIK... why does Harper say he's concerned? Concerned about staying on top??? :lol:

say what! Get a grip PIK... get a grip!

Like I said , nobody admits to it and what harper is upset about is getting caught And don't tell me to get a grip hudson does nothing but post hatred on this board.

There is a difference between spying for security and spying for private companies. If you don't realize the difference then you don't have a brain.

LMFAO So the chinese, americas, russians, and everybody else keeps their spying to governments only. My god man open your eyes to the fact that they don't and the fact you are making yourself look very foolish with those comments. It is a dog eat dog world and canadians better smarten up and get off thier high horses. Edited by PIK

I thought the world was what we made it.

What we really need is an even higher horse. I'm convinced the only way forward on this crappy little planet is to rise above the rest. Only a chicken shit or a Conservative would turn back now. Probably because they believe that eating dogs has served us so well up to now.

What does that say about the Prime Minister when he doesn't even know what his agencies are doing?

Now you are just being stupid here. And you think obama know what every agency is doing???? I love how when it comes to harper people expect him to be every at once looking over people shoulders. The media in this country has done a great job of uneducating people.

PIK, let me ask you, do you really think the agency just does whatever the hell it wants and the PM is completely unaware?

Do you honestly believe the PM oversees the details of every project and program every department and agency undertakes? I mean, seriously...

Besides, it has not been established that they actually did spy on the Brazlians, and no one has come up with a satisfactorily logical reason why they would.

Do you honestly believe the PM oversees the details of every project and program every department and agency undertakes? I mean, seriously...

Besides, it has not been established that they actually did spy on the Brazlians, and no one has come up with a satisfactorily logical reason why they would.

Really, Argus? They're on such a long leash that they can operate within the government of foreign countries without the PM's knowledge?