will obama and rouhani meet face to face?

bud

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you expecting from me?

If you're going to troll me and say...

"So let's show them Iranians that nukes are bad and bomb the crap out of them ... right?"

You'd best be prepared to show some at least something that will back up your genocidal claim...troll. Otherwise let's just attribute such murderous sentiment to you.

Your continued denial is not going to work.

You keep posting photos of rockets like it changes anything.

Majority of countries in the world have rockets. However, as dub has requested, can you point to how Iran has developed ICBM's as you announced earlier? Since it's ICBM's that are usually used to carry nuclear weapons.

Where are these ICBM's? Because even the Pentegon says that "Iran may become capable of developing ICBM's by 2015 that can reach U.S." Tell us where you get your intelligence from and how Iran has already developed ICBM's.

The Jerusalem Post reported that

“US intelligence agencies have assessed that as early as 2015, Iran will be set to test an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) that has the capability to strike the United States, a released Pentagon report states.”

Edited by Hudson Jones

You keep posting photos of rockets like it changes anything.

Majority of countries in the world have rockets. However, as dub has requested, can you point to how Iran has developed ICBM's as you announced earlier? Since it's ICBM's that are usually used to carry nuclear weapons.

Where are these ICBM's? Because even the Pentegon says that "Iran may become capable of developing ICBM's by 2015". Tell us where you get your intelligence from and how Iran has already developed ICBM's.

You can pretend these things don't already exist if you choose. Every rocket on the planet owes its existence to the development of ICBMs. The R-7 used today to launch Canadians to the ISS is also known as the SS-6 Sapwood...an ICBM. BTW, you using the CIA as an authority on rockets is also very amusing. Since you're an expert on these matters, why not tell the forum readers what, in your opinion, a Shahab-3 is for? Are there plans for a 4, 5, 6 etc?

You can pretend these things don't already exist if you choose. Every rocket on the planet owes its existence to the development of ICBMs. The R-7 used today to launch Canadians to the ISS is also known as the SS-6 Sapwood...an ICBM. BTW, you using the CIA as an authority on rockets is also very amusing. Since you're an expert on these matters, why not tell the forum readers what, in your opinion, a Shahab-3 is for? Are there plans for a 4, 5, 6 etc?

Shahab 3 is not an ICBM.

All I want you to do is to correct your mistake. Don't take it so personally. You made a mistake and now we can move along with your admission that you were wrong and Iran has not developed ICBM's.

Shahab 3 is not an ICBM.

All I want you to do is to correct your mistake. Don't take it so personally. You made a mistake and now we can move along with your admission that you were wrong and Iran has not developed ICBM's.

I see that you're still coming to the defense of murderous dictatorial regimes.

Shahab 3 is not an ICBM.

It is a ballistic missile with 'x' amount of range. Now what's a Safir?

I didn't know advocating for facts and the truth equaled to defending dictatorial regimes.

Do you believe that it's okay to "make shit up" if we're talking about dictatorial regimes?

Please...you don't bother with actual facts.

Edited by DogOnPorch

It is a ballistic missile with 'x' amount of range. Now what's a Safir?

You said Iran has developed ICBM's. This is not true.

For your education:

Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) is a ballistic missile with a range of more than 5,500 kilometres (3,400 mi) typically designed for nuclear weapons delivery

It's important for discussion forums to stick to facts instead throwing around misinformation.

You said Iran has developed ICBM's. This is not true.

For your education:

Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) is a ballistic missile with a range of more than 5,500 kilometres (3,400 mi) typically designed for nuclear weapons delivery

It's important for discussion forums to stick to facts instead throwing around misinformation.

What's a Safir again? Didn't catch your answer.

So because HJ denies it, me and others deny it as well? Yeah that helps the conversation.

OH and how exactly am I helping him?

You're on his side? No? Or do you agree with me that Iran has been long developing ICBM technology? Heck, I sent you to a well informed Pakistani-Iranian forum that were discussing this very thing. Perhaps HJ and yourself should register over there at Defense.pk and set those pack of misinformation spreaders straight as to the goals of the Iranian government...lol.

Don't worry, I know neither of you have the guts for that.

:lol:

Either way, the planet doesn't need either your or HJ's approval when it comes to Iran's various ballistic missile programs. Also, I'm aware that both of you put together have about as much actual knowledge of space flight and ICBMs as the common gold fish. If I say 'look at the Safir and tell me what it represents' you wouldn't have a clue as to where to start. Well...here's a clue. Think Sputnik. Sputnik 1, if you're unaware, was the first man made satellite. Shot into orbit by the Soviet Union on an SS-6 Sapwood ICBM. What message did that send to the West?

You have HJ actively denying Iran's ballistic missile program when Iran is already known to have half a dozen designs on the go. Here you are helping him.

I am, the Pentagon and any other intelligence agency is denying that Iran has ICBM, which you declared it does.

Stop trying to avoid the obvious, which is: You shared misinformation, you were called on it and now you have a hard time accepting it.

You need more education? Look it up. The Safir is not an ICBM.

The Safir a two stage rocket that's capable of accelerating a payload to orbital velocities. That's more than intercontinental...and very impressive, I might add. Hitting over 7 km a second is is big league stuff. Their Omid satellite, as mentioned in my previous post, sends the West a message. Just because you don't understand the message doesn't mean there isn't one.

1. What's a re-entry shroud used for? Why did Iran test them out recently using monkeys? The poor monkeys pulled 20+ Gs on re-entry...but they survived. Why is Iran developing MIRVs? The RV stands for re-entry vehicle. That is...a ballistic path into space and back.

2. What great strides in nuclear weapons development allowed for huge yields using small amounts of materials? There's two in particular for modern weapons. We're not talking the 50s style weapons.

3. Have the Iranians stopped work on the Shahab? Or any of its other ballistic missile designs?

Try answering those 3 questions.

Edited by DogOnPorch

You're on his side? No? Or do you agree with me that Iran has been long developing ICBM technology?

I agree with some of what HJ says, does not mean I am on his side. But what I agree with, you will just do the twist again, like you did last summer or thread. When you see countries on either side of you get attacked and re-regimed, one would want to protect themselves right? Iran is of no threat to anyone in the region let alone the USA. Iran is not an aggressor nation. Iran is being completely rational with it's wanting to proceed with these programs.

Heck, I sent you to a well informed Pakistani-Iranian forum that were discussing this very thing. Perhaps HJ and yourself should register over there at Defense.pk and set those pack of misinformation spreaders straight as to the goals of the Iranian government...lol.

Yeah lol.

Don't worry, I know neither of you have the guts for that.

:lol:

Yeah lol.

Either way, the planet doesn't need either your or HJ's approval when it comes to Iran's various ballistic missile programs.

Shocking, to say the least. And in spite of your protests, they will carry on with whatever it is they are doing.

Also, I'm aware that both of you put together have about as much actual knowledge of space flight and ICBMs as the common gold fish.

Rocket goes up, rocket comes down, you can't explain that.

If I say 'look at the Safir and tell me what it represents' you wouldn't have a clue as to where to start.

You are correct, I had never heard of it until now. You amaze me with your knowledge of such military systems. You are indeed quite passionate about it.

Well...here's a clue. Think Sputnik. Sputnik 1, if you're unaware, was the first man made satellite. Shot into orbit by the Soviet Union on an SS-6 Sapwood ICBM. What message did that send to the West?

So Iran is going to be using seriously out of date decades old rockets to attack other more advanced nations?

Ok.

So Iran is going to be using seriously out of date decades old rockets to attack other more advanced nations?

Ok.

They're hardly out-of-date. Ballistic missiles still represent the deadliest weapon at any range. The message Omid sends...like Sputnik did...is that there is no part of the planet immune from the reach of Iran. HJ and his ilk will dance around about what an ICBM program is, but as you can see with the Safir, they're already well on their way. Re-entry shrouds are also important as they protect one's expensive and delicate nuclear weapon from burning-up at 16,000 mph over the target. MIRVs are designed to foil ABM systems allowing First Strike capability. You're experiencing the same condition found in Allied think tanks pre-WW2 that figured the Japanese would make poor soldiers, sailors and fighter pilots. Iran has invested heavily into aerospace engineering. Expect a pay-off. They do.

You are correct, I had never heard of it until now. You amaze me with your knowledge of such military systems. You are indeed quite passionate about it.

I'm a history buff and a rocket enthusiast. Try the free simulator, Orbiter, I'm involved with if you wish to learn the basics of spaceflight. You can even try launching a Shahab-3...virtually.

http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I agree with some of what HJ says, does not mean I am on his side. But what I agree with, you will just do the twist again, like you did last summer or thread. When you see countries on either side of you get attacked and re-regimed, one would want to protect themselves right? Iran is of no threat to anyone in the region let alone the USA. Iran is not an aggressor nation. Iran is being completely rational with it's wanting to proceed with these programs.

Oh, please...Iran uses proxy terrorists groups and is deeply involved in the war in Syria. Stop sticking-up for them.

Oh, please...Iran uses proxy terrorists groups and is deeply involved in the war in Syria. Stop sticking-up for them.

As you have conceded--after some Herculean effort on my part, I modestly add--the US too has used proxy terrorist groups, and with some pretty devastating consequences.

And yet you feel the need to "stick up for them," do you not?

As you have conceded--after some Herculean effort on my part, I modestly add--the US too has used proxy terrorist groups, and with some pretty devastating consequences.

And yet you feel the need to "stick up for them," do you not?

Some people are determined, at any cost, to find the West wrong. To those people I ask:

1. What is the state of gay rights in these idyllic non-Western countries?;
  2. What is the state of women's rights in these idyllic non-Western countries?;
  3. What is the state of the rights of religious or racial minorities in these idyllic non-Western countries?;
  4. What is the state of the rights of political dissidents in these idyllic non-Western countries?; and
  5. How does the average domestic dog fare in these idyllic non-Western countries?

When you start looking at those, you start to wonder whose side you should be on.

Some people are determined, at any cost, to find the West wrong. To those people I ask:

1. What is the state of gay rights in these idyllic non-Western countries?;
  2. What is the state of women's rights in these idyllic non-Western countries?;
  3. What is the state of the rights of religious or racial minorities in these idyllic non-Western countries?;
  4. What is the state of the rights of political dissidents in these idyllic non-Western countries?; and
  5. How does the average domestic dog fare in these idyllic non-Western countries?

When you start looking at those, you start to wonder whose side you should be on.

Lots of folks long for a world not dominated by the United States. They might get their wish. Then they can be dominated by somebody else.