PMO paid for Duffy's fraud

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not a crime :rolleyes:

At the time, Duffy was a member of the CPC.......all parties can and do pay for legal expenses of their members...These funds are garnered by donations to the party.

I'm sure even you know how ridiculous that is.

The Conservative Party was trying to buy Duffy's silence and non-cooperation with the audit.

It is a crime to buy a Senator's silence.

I mean he kept his trap shut until he was faced with being tossed on his earCouldnt one surmise that if the Senator had of went public earlier, he wouldnt be in the situation he is in now?

Now totally makes sense.

He waited until he had given evidence to the RCMP, evidence that will become public in court.

Guest Derek L

Since whatever Harper did doesnt matter (according to you) , then the question cannot be answered.

Why? You suggested this is but a card game on the part of Duffy, yet Duffy left the CPC in the middle of May of this year, so why wait over 6 months, until faced with losing his pay and benefits, did Duffy keep quiet?

Guest Derek L

I'm sure even you know how ridiculous that is.

The Conservative Party was trying to buy Duffy's silence and non-cooperation with the audit.

It is a crime to buy a Senator's silence.

No, you suggested the CPC broke a law by paying the legal expenses of (at the time) one of it's members. What law was broken?

Why? You suggested this is but a card game on the part of Duffy, yet Duffy left the CPC in the middle of May of this year, so why wait over 6 months, until faced with losing his pay and benefits, did Duffy keep quiet?

What part of keeping cards close to the vest is escaping you? He wanted for this to be done and over with (presumably like his bosses wanted) and he played along.

Now not so much. If he has the goods (and I think he has enough) then we will see it come to light at the most favourable time for Duffy.

BTW, want to play poker soon?

Edited by Guyser2

Guest Derek L

What part of keeping cards close to the vest is escaping you? He wanted for this to be done and over with (preumably like his bosses wanted) and he plauyed al;ong.

Now not so much. If he has the good s (and I think he had enough) then we will see it come to light at the most favourable time for Duffy.

BTW, want to play poker soon?

Duffy left the CPC in May........between then and until faced with being given the boot, what circumstances have changed for him?

And if you play Poker like Duffy...well on the face of it, sure, but will I need to lend you the money to ensure I receive my winnings? ;)

No, you suggested the CPC broke a law by paying the legal expenses of (at the time) one of it's members. What law was broken?

I think this was posted ...

Corruption and Disobedience: Bribery of judicial officers, etc

119. (1) Every one is guilty of an indictable offence andliable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years who

(a) being the holder of a judicial office, or being a member of Parliament or of the legislature of a province, directly or indirectly, corruptly accepts, obtains, agrees to accept or attempts to obtain, for themselves or another person, any money, valuable consideration, office, place or employment in respect of anything done or omitted or to be done or omitted by them in their official capacity, or

(B) directly or indirectly, corruptly gives or offers to a person mentioned in paragraph (a), or to anyone for the benefit of that person, any money, valuable consideration, office, place or employment in respect of anything done or omitted or to be done or omitted by that person in their official capacity.

Duffy's on the hook too, and that's why he's singing, and so is whoever bought his silence.

Was it Nigel Wright?

The Conservative Party president?

The PM/PMO?

14 years is a long time.

Edited by jacee

Guest Derek L

119. (1) Every one is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years who

(a) being the holder of a judicial office, or being a member of Parliament or of the legislature of a province, directly or indirectly, corruptly accepts, obtains, agrees to accept or attempts to obtain, for themselves or another person, any money, valuable consideration, office, place or employment in respect of anything done or omitted or to be done or omitted by them in their official capacity, or

( B) directly or indirectly, corruptly gives or offers to a person mentioned in paragraph (a), or to anyone for the benefit of that person, any money, valuable consideration, office, place or employment in respect of anything done or omitted or to be done or omitted by that person in their official capacity.

Duffy's on the hook, and whoever bought his silence. Was it Nigel Wright? The Conservative Party ? The PM/PMO?

14 years is a long time.

And what did the CPC gain by paying for the Senator's legal expenses well he was a member of the party? :lol:

You'd think that would be something he'd have disclosed earlier on and not days before he's set to be booted from the Senate. I guess we'll see the evidence of these claims soon.

All this from Duffy smacks of desperation though. Harper has come out aggressively in defense of his record here and has him up against the wall.

It smacks more of someone who's playing his cards one at a time so that Harper can take all the rope he needs before the final inevitable jerk on the noose.

Don't you think with all the parties involved in this scandal, coming out and telling their side little by little that it would be better to say what they have to say a public senate hearing??? Duffy comes out and tells about the check the Tory lawyer paid his lawyer , then while watching CBC, Woodcock e-mails Simon to say the opposite of some of the facts Duffy was saying. Mass confusion and if that what the Tory are trying to create , its getting there. http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/duffy-says-tories-arranged-second-13-000-cheque-to-cover-his-legal-fees-1.1516457

Guest Derek L

Don't you think with all the parties involved in this scandal, coming out and telling their side little by little that it would be better to say what they have to say a public senate hearing??? Duffy comes out and tells about the check the Tory lawyer paid his lawyer , then while watching CBC, Woodcock e-mails Simon to say the opposite of some of the facts Duffy was saying. Mass confusion and if that what the Tory are trying to create , its getting there. http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/duffy-says-tories-arranged-second-13-000-cheque-to-cover-his-legal-fees-1.1516457

I will hazard a guess that once Senators Duffy, Wallin and Brazeau are devoid of Parliamentary Privilege, new tales of cover-ups associated with members being forced to payback wrongful expense claims with others money, catty feminine infighting and wholesale bigotry towards First Nations, will all begin to wane…..
Defamation suits can get expensive when one doesn’t have a steady income.

Wow! Duffy's really going after "the PMO"

"The links to the $90,000 payment and now the further $13,000 payment from the party lawyer to my lawyers show that this monstrous fraud was PMO's creation from start to finish," he claimed.