Dalton still lying

Just listen to part of his testimoney on the gas plants , he did because it was not the right spot to do it and because of his desicion, no kids will have to go to school beside one of these plants. The lies just keep coming. lol

Edited by PIK

Yeah but Tim Hudak will be worse!!! :rolleyes:

The talking point they're going with now is really annoying because it paints the argument that they did what everyone else would do. The people of Oakville had to undergo a massive PR campaign, to the point of bringing in Erin Brockovich, to try and get that plant cancelled. And only when they stood to lose that seat did they cancel the Mississauga Gas plant. During an election campaign when construction had already started.

The Liberals were stubborn about putting these plants where they wanted. They could have easily retrofitted the old Lakeview Power Plant in Port Credit but I guess that didn't spend enough money. Now they're putting these plants on Butt Bleep Nowhere, where the cost of delivery will be a great burden.

But no one cares because Wynne says she'll lower auto insurance. :lol:

Hudak has a plan this time, totally different from the last election. But It does not matter, a election has to be called, does not matter if we have a PC or NDP gov, this nightmare must end.

'

... it paints the argument that they did what everyone else would do.

Unfortunately, that's really probable.

The biggest problem with Ontario's government isn't so much that MqSquinty was a bigger liar and thief than most politician's lately (that or more incompetent than most), but that there seems no way to not only hold him and his band of merry (Con) Men accountable for their blatantly obvious shenanigans but worse, there seems to be no way to get the system changed as to avoid this in the future.

This seems to be true at all levels of our government, and until there is a tax revolt demanding accountability, I see no end in sight to the abuse.

For the most part, recent history shows that all our elected officials talk a great deal about "cleaning up" and imposing "accountability", and all sorts of "pie in the sky", initiatives at the outset. But reality shows that that attitude lasts only until they have learned how to play the game.

That usually takes no more than a term or two for far to many of them.

The record speaks for itself; no matter what the portfolio, it seems that as soon as you start digging into the details you start finding all sorts of irregularities, mismanagement, missing documents, missing money, nepotism, and outright theft disguised as waste.

Can anyone point to any project managed by our government (at any level) that could be used as a shining example of the proper way to do things?

Anyone?

I'm sure there's got to be one somewhere, I just can't seem to think of any.

The system is broken and unsustainable the way it is currently set up.

There needs to be some pretty significant changes made before the whole pyramid scheme collapses around our necks.

PIK, pretend you are Hudak, now its a known fact that he wants to stop the wind turbines, so you say, I'm stopping all future wind turbines and you win the election on that. Days later, you find out that IF you cancel ALL future contracts of wind turbines, the provinces pays a bills of $500-900 million. So what are you going to do, cancel or tell Ontario, sorry can't do. See, this is were politicians get themselves in a whole lot of trouble.

PIK, pretend you are Hudak, now its a known fact that he wants to stop the wind turbines, so you say, I'm stopping all future wind turbines and you win the election on that. Days later, you find out that IF you cancel ALL future contracts of wind turbines, the provinces pays a bills of $500-900 million. So what are you going to do, cancel or tell Ontario, sorry can't do. See, this is were politicians get themselves in a whole lot of trouble.

Well the lack of foresight shown by this government is shocking. The Mississauga plant was already under construction, you don't have to be an expert to know that cancelling those plants would have cost a lot of money.

The $40 million they said was an outrage enough, but it appears they lied about the initial cost. Lying, of course, is something this government loves to do.

A more apt comparison would be a mayor in Toronto cancelling the rail-link to the Airport because of Nimbys to win an election after construction of the rail-link had been started.

Edited by Boges

Pay the money and get out, it will be cheaper in the long run. The libs want to grow the turbines by 10 fold.

Pay the money and get out, it will be cheaper in the long run. The libs want to grow the turbines by 10 fold.

I've read that in order to make Turbines appear to contribute to Ontario's energy grid the Liberals have told the people at Niagara Falls to scale back production. Wind power isn't really a reliable form of energy, water going over a waterfall between two gigantic lakes is.

Edited by Boges

This Liberals made their own mess and Wynne is NOT taking charge and managing this. She is FAR to busy trying to buy the NDP off to keep her band of thieves in power.. Power at ALL costs.... Funded by YOU

I voted for Dalton last 2 elections and I can assure you that I will vote for an Conservative runner.. Hudak or anyone else they have... Dalton and this new puppet in Wynne have me 100 percent swayed to the Conservative platform and Ideas.. Im done getting burned along with the rest of the country..

Only the weak minded say that an "Election will cost 91 million dollars"..... The educated and intellect notes that this new "Blackmail Budget" sees an increase in spending of 400 Billion... Im ok with an election to settle the ignorance

Edited by Fletch 27

I've read that in order to make Turbines appear to contribute to Ontario's energy grid the Liberals have told the people at Niagara Falls to scale back production. Wind power isn't really a reliable form of energy, water going over a waterfall between two gigantic lakes is.

The CEO of Bruce was on TVO, and he said most people don't know most of the power now is coming from the nukes and not the Falls.