Justin Trudeau: terror and terrorists

pssst....google Ipperwash.

Sorry - although that Stoney Creek band of misfits were occupying a provincial park - they did not bomb innocent people. As you probably know, the only fatality was Dudley George being shot by the OPP - a truly unfortunate occurance. Even the Mohawks in Montreal - who seem to regularly barricade bridges - have never resorted to indiscrimate murder. But the terrorist, jihadist mindset......?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry - although that Stoney Creek band of misfits were occupying a provincial park - they did not bomb innocent people. As you probably know, the only fatality was Dudley George being shot by the OPP - a truly unfortunate occurance. Even the Mohawks in Montreal - who seem to regularly barricade bridges - have never resorted to indiscrimate murder. But the terrorist, jihadist mindset......?

I did mean the OPP when you posted "Yet not one person has stooped to the level of indiscrimate murder and mayhem"

No? How about an asymmetric freedom fighter then? One side bombs the others cities, the other side blows themselves up in coffee shops or transit buses in the other sides homeland…….Like I said, it’s a mater of perspective.

Yeah and the Nazis felt the world would be a better place without a single Jew left alive as a perspective on Jews. Perspective at some point has some logical and moral limits.. The only ones who sees acts of terror as freedom fighting are terrorists themselves or supporters of terrorists. At least that is a perspective I think is shared in most of the civilized world and rational thinking people.

Edited by roy baty

Yeah and the Nazis felt the world would be a better place without a single Jew left alive as a perspective on Jews. Perspective at some point has some logical and moral limits.. The only ones who sees acts of terror as freedom fighting are terrorists themselves or supporters of terrorists. At least that is a perspective I think is shared in most of the civilized world and rational thinking people.

It seems people are thinking that again. The left in this country have no idea how dangerous thier BS about israel is.

Ohh ohhh lets move the goalposts after the fact has been shown....<facepalm>

The indians are always armed guyser, the gun walked away with someone else.

Guest Derek L

But do you think that the Nazis that partook in the Holocaust saw their actions as morally inept? Like I said, a mater of perspective……

Guest Derek L

Yes. A true perspective of evil. Thanks for confirming that.

Yes, I confirmed my own point, disproving yours.........Like I said, did the Nazis feel they were "evil"?

right, you know this how?

Not to mention, I didnt know guns could walk.

Is that the best you can do, '' I didnt know guns could walk'' You know exactly what I am saying but your smugness took over. Look at the history of it guyser, they were always armed.

Is that the best you can do, '' I didnt know guns could walk'' You know exactly what I am saying but your smugness took over. Look at the history of it guyser, they were always armed.

Is that the best you can do, ignore the question and concentrate on the throw off line?

So, tell us how you know there were guns there.

Is that the best you can do, ignore the question and concentrate on the throw off line?

So, tell us how you know there were guns there.

There were no guns at the park.

There was a walking stick.

In the Inquiry transcripts, when the judge asked him about guns, Dudley George's uncle said (approx):

'We had no guns.

If we'd had so much as a .22, there would have been one dead cop that night, but we didn't have any.'

But isn't this kinda far off the thread topic?

Edited by jacee

Do you think it's justified to kill 10 other innocents as 'collateral damage' in order to get one suspected terrorist?

What a difference between father and son.Pierre Trudeau,during the October crisis told the bleeding hearts to"go on and bleed" and he pressured the FLQ by sending in the army.He didn't waste time by worrying about the root causes did he?

It's scary to think Trudeau junior stands a very good chance of becoming out Prime Minister in a few years.

Yes, I confirmed my own point, disproving yours.........Like I said, did the Nazis feel they were "evil"?

You have disproven nothing. Evil is evil, regardless of perspective and THAT is my point which you clearly missed trying to "reason away" evil based on perspective as a means of legitimizing it.

Edited by roy baty

What a difference between father and son.Pierre Trudeau,during the October crisis told the bleeding hearts to"go on and bleed" and he pressured the FLQ by sending in the army.He didn't waste time by worrying about the root causes did he?

It's scary to think Trudeau junior stands a very good chance of becoming out Prime Minister in a few years.

I wonder what theToronto Star and CBC would say if Harper told them to "go on and bleed" and sent in the army. Never mind.

huh! C'mon partyzans!... Stephen Harper is all about, 'getting at the root causes of terrorism'!!!

The fact that Afghanistan became a failed state, where you know, people just essentially lived in not just poverty, but brutality, to the point where a kind of Islamic fascist regime literally invited terrorists, international terrorists to set up camp in their country. I think that that kind of situation obviously bred a threat, and that’s why we are so worried when we look around the world now at other places where the same thing could happen… That’s the kind of thing I think we really have to worry about, where you have not just poverty, but poverty and literally lawlessness becomes the nature of the state. And I do think it’s in our broader interests and the right thing to do to try and help people and help countries so that they don’t get into that situation. That’s why, you know, we obviously are helping with the famine in East Africa. It’s why we’re so involved in Haiti. Not to have that kind of a state in our own backyard. So those, I think those kinds of situations are very dangerous.

…the first and most solemn duty of government is to keep its people safe. It took far too long to learn the lessons of Flight 182. One of those lessons is that information is an important tool in the struggle against terrorism. We need to know as much as we can about terrorists, their tactics, and the best solutions to protect people…

We will engage Canada’s best and brightest minds, and we will provide funding for publications, conferences and research projects – anything that can help us build the knowledge base we need to effectively counter terrorism.