Justin Trudeau: terror and terrorists

For those who missed this now infamously ridiculous comment here it is

If anyone thought Justin's remarks after the Boston bombings where out there,hold on,the conservatives seem to be more than happy to go even further out there!

I have heard Pierre Poilievre say some things I have found questionable,but this one has to be the cherry on the cake!

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe simply too simple for those "Sociologists"... His comments are clear, accurate and don't leave any room for coddling or self-blame.. The liberal would rather have us think its OUR fault...

Edited by Fletch 27

There's a reason the right are called reactionaries I guess. They would rather react to crime rather than work to prevent it, and assure themselves that if they can just make the punishment tough enough, and kill those scummy perps dead enough it will act as a deterrent. With terrorists, that really fails, even more so than an ordinary criminal, because the motivation isn't as self centered.

There's a reason the right are called reactionaries I guess. They would rather react to crime rather than work to prevent it, and assure themselves that if they can just make the punishment tough enough, and kill those scummy perps dead enough it will act as a deterrent. With terrorists, that really fails, even more so than an ordinary criminal, because the motivation isn't as self centered.

Actually it can work quite well, as many middle eastern dictators who have held the peace for many years know well. Egypt is a lawless no man's land right now breedin all kinds of groups. Iraq has never been more dangerous, full of crazies, with democracy not really doing much except allowing every group who wanted to blow up another group the opportunity to do so. In fact the most stable muslim nations are those with absolute power in few hands. Rubs us the wrong way, but its what they need until they really want to stop blowing each other up.

I was all for the dumping of dictators and hopeful for democracy, but the middle east has again shown us that it is more important to them to jump at the chance to get back at the tribe/group/religion/faction they don't like than move on. For now they still need the hard-handed dictator. Hopefully one day they will want to develop civil secular society but I'm not holding my breath.

Guest American Woman

For those who missed this now infamously ridiculous comment here it is

https://www.facebook.com/sadia.groguhe/posts/357194461047072

If anyone thought Justin's remarks after the Boston bombings where out there,hold on,the conservatives seem to be more than happy to go even further out there!

I have heard Pierre Poilievre say some things I have found questionable,but this one has to be the cherry on the cake!

Makes sense to me. So many say we have to find the 'root cause.' It's the fault of the west. It's blow back. They are tired of this, that, or the other thing - all our doing, of course. He's saying that these things aren't the root cause of terrorism - that the terrorists themselves are. Sounds as if he's saying that the problem lies with the people committing acts of terror, not with anything we've done. So you agree? Edited by American Woman

The problem lies with the people committing acts of terror. So you agree?

Makes sense to me. If the problem was with anything else they'd all be doing it.

It's like saying the root cause of murder over cartoons is the cartoons. It's not. It's the attitude of the one doing the murdering.

Makes sense to me. So many say we have to find the 'root cause.' It's the fault of the west. It's blow back. They are tired of this, that, or the other thing - all our doing, of course. He's saying that these things aren't the root cause of terrorism - that the terrorists themselves are. The problem lies with the people committing acts of terror. So you agree?

The main problem still lies in not understanding why they are happening. There is also a difference in political terrorism and simple terrorism for terrorism sake. But the classic definition of terrorism is based in political motives/ideologies.

As a loose analogy I will use gun laws.

If we continually put in new laws to restrict guns, we are not getting at the root cause of why they happen. Once the why is understood, the how to reduce can put into place and be effective.

Guest American Woman

Makes sense to me. If the problem was with anything else they'd all be doing it.

It's like saying the root cause of murder over cartoons is the cartoons. It's not. It's the attitude of the one doing the murdering.

I agree, but I doubt if WWWTT does. From his comments/reaction to the statement, I don't think he got what was being said. I could be wrong - maybe he does see the terrorists themselves as the "root cause," not anything we/the West has done/is doing.

Nice and simple. Nothing wrong with what he said. This root cause is nothing but a red herring. Misery loves company.

The "root cause" was a big issue when the conservatives were criticizing Justin Trudeau.

But I guess when the conservatives out "crazy" Justin,the root cause is now a "red herring" hey?

LOL!

WWWTT

I agree, but I doubt if WWWTT does. From his comments/reaction to the statement, I don't think he got what was being said. I could be wrong - maybe he does see the terrorists themselves as the "root cause," not anything we/the West has done/is doing.

Now this comment doesn't make any sense either?

The root cause is a reason,purpose,principal or goal.Not an individual or group executing the act.

WWWTT

The gov is already spending money on root causes. But since the wonder boy brought it up, everybody is into root cause now. The thing about trudeau is ,it was a few hours after it happened and he is sounding like he is feeling sorry for the bombers.

Guest American Woman

Now this comment doesn't make any sense either?

The root cause is a reason,purpose,principal or goal.Not an individual or group executing the act.

Of course it makes sense. the root cause, the reason, is the mindset of the terrorists; therefore, the root cause of terrorism - is terrorists. Sounded as if you thought that was a given. Now you are disagreeing?

Of course it makes sense. the root cause, the reason, is the mindset of the terrorists; therefore, the root cause of terrorism - is terrorists. Sounded as if you thought that was a given. Now you are disagreeing?

The tautology clubs meets only on the days that tautology club has meetings.

Guest American Woman

Did people notice Evan Solomon, the chief apologist at the CBC - acting completely baffled - as if to say "How silly, of course it's our fault - not theirs".

You mean when Solomon said in response to Poilievre's quote - "You mean that's it? There's no other cause?" Sounds as if Trudeau would have spent his time wondering why the Boston bomber felt excluded, and that's what Poilievre's quote was in response to. Actually, I was impressed with what Poilievre said would be an appropriate response by the PM to the bombing; if Trudeau's response truly was 'to concentrate on the bomber's feelings of exclusion,' that's not leadership, just as Poilievre said.

WWWTT,

I'm curious: do you type "WWWTT" at the end of every post or keep a copy of it in your clipboard? Inquiring minds want to know.

Warmest regards,

Cy

I type it each time

WWWTT

OK then,so using your logic/reasoning,when the US invaded Iraq,they invaded because of the US military.

Or when NATO conducted sorties over/on Libya,they did it because of NATO.

If you say so American Woman.

WWWTT