Why Is President Obama So Lazy?

- Wayward Son ... Have it your way, son.

- There is no relationship between the relevance and quality of an individual's prior experience and his performance in a senior executive position - none at all.

Well that is actually not having it my way. But seeing as your reading comprehension is extremely poor I will take what I can get from you. I asked for you to back up the claim you made with actual evidence, instead of biased opinion. You have not, but instead respond to what you think I said.

As of right now, I have a choice. I could either go with the evidence brought forth by Gautam Mukunda, who teaches at Harvard Business School. Or go with the opinion of an extremely biased forum poster who has a shit-fit when someone asks him for evidence to support his claims.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds rather fuzzy. If it were true Obama and Congress could have changed the policies in the first few years butdidn't so they are now his.Sorry Shady, you are wrong on this count. He has increased spending at a rate far lower than that of most PsOTUS.The joke of it is that Bush's last year included the 800 billion dollar tarp program and Obama instead of returning tonormal budgetary levels kept them up at that high level. It isn't hard to keep spending from rising too much when it at the highest level it has ever been. The fact it keeps rising at any level is deplorable. But, hey, any means he can get the gullible public to put a feather in his cap.....

Even with record revenues, Obama's still going to run an almost trillion dollar deficit. And the worst part is the Obamacare spending doesn't even start until 2014. Just wait till that kicks in at $200 billion per year.

Even with record revenues, Obama's still going to run an almost trillion dollar deficit. And the worst part is the Obamacare spending doesn't even start until 2014. Just wait till that kicks in at $200 billion per year.

It isn't even close to a Trillion dollars unless do we now round deficits to the nearest trillion? Does that mean when the deficit is 499 Billion you will say it is "almost nothing" I bet you will if Republicans are in the whitehouse then. The poor math in this thread is just horrible. Fact deficit in 2009 1.4 Trillion 840 today 840 Billion that is a difference of 600 billion in 4 years. At this point if you actually take into account what the CBOs says are effects of a still depressed economy the deficit is more like 400 Billion and if it wasn't for people like Shady advocating policy which extend the recession we would be there by now. Next year the CBO says that number will fall to 172 Billion. Guess it is time to round down right? Nope just bad bad bad math going here.

Right now it is time for people like Shady to get out the way and let America make its come back. Just look at what the sequester is doing.

“An Arizona school superintendent said Monday that her district has already cut 40 positions because of automatic federal spending reductions and will recommend cutting 65 more and closing three schools next year to save money.”

http://cronkitenewsonline.com/2013/03/arizona-superintendent-in-washington-describes-sequestration-impacts/

“A $30 million dollar construction project … is delayed because of the sequester budget cuts.”

http://articles.wsbt.com/2013-03-05/budget-cuts_37478818

“Furloughed Air Force civilian workers would cost Ohio’s economy $111.1 million in lost wages through September.”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/03/outside-washington-sequestration-begins-to-inflict-pain.php?ref=fpb

The deficit is 400 Billion more then it should be because of a depressed economy. So the solution on one side is to depress the economy and drag it out more? Seriously? Cuts are fine when they achieve something but all these cuts are doing is adding to the deficit.

Edited by punked

Overall though, it has fallen.

Did you read your citation? It says Obama's annualized rate of increase in the budget is 1.4%. The lowest for any

President. It does not say overall it has fallen.

The projection for this year is that is will fall, finally but we'll know when the year is over.

Did you read your citation? It says Obama's annualized rate of increase in the budget is 1.4%. The lowest for any

President. It does not say overall it has fallen.

I said adjusted for inflation, it has fallen. You should read a little further.

I said adjusted for inflation, it has fallen. You should read a little further.

What I am arguing is that spending has not gone down after the largest budget ever from Bush's last year.

The budget this year is expected to fall and I notice that this year is included in the politifact calculations which

makes it a projection for that last year.

It says that adjusted for inflation (including this years projected budget) the spending has dropped by .1 percent. We

will have to wait and see if that holds true. Without this years projected budget, the first drop since he took office, it has not dropped, even if the adjustment for inflation has been included.

Not that inflation is relevant to this point because federal budgets generally include inflation adjustments already.