Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

And are you sure those people will not be anonymous and willing to jeopardize their careers testifying that they saw it? I'm sure you're both full of crap.

And I'm sure you are. ;)

Their careers are not in jeopardy. At all. They can say they saw "it." What "it" is in reality is what's in question. If you were following along, you'd get that.

See how public opinion works now?

Sadly, I've seen how public opinion works for some time now. Again, if you'd been following along, you'd be quite aware of that and wouldn't have had to have wasted your time writing this response, such as it is. Edited by American Woman

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their careers are not in jeopardy. At all. They can say they saw "it." What "it" is in reality is what's in question. If you were following along, you'd get that.

They're not in jeopardy because people believe them. People believe them because the Star reporters' testimony is made believable by the Gawker writer's testimony, Ford's actions, his inner circle's actions, the police's response, and the photograph of Ford in front of the crackhouse. Again, you can be angry that people would take this evidence and form a conclusion, but that doesn't make you more righteous. It just makes you naive.

Guest American Woman

They're not in jeopardy because people believe them. People believe them because the Star reporters' testimony is made believable by the Gawker writer's testimony, Ford's actions, his inner circle's actions, the police's response, and the photograph of Ford in front of the crackhouse. Again, you can be angry that people would take this evidence and form a conclusion, but that doesn't make you more righteous. It just makes you naive.

Actually, since you brought it up, it makes me more righteous. :)

There's nothing even remotely naive about recognizing the video for what it factually is - an unseen by the masses/experts video that may or may not be authentic, put on the market by a drug dealer for 200k, who didn't bother to try to present it to, say, the Washington Post, but rather just one internet gossip site who didn't give them the money upfront - and it was then shown to two journalists, both from the same very liberal-leaning media source, who are not video experts. And not surprisingly, the video seems to have disappeared.

That people draw conclusions about the authenticity based on such "evidence" as "Ford's actions," and his inner circle's actions no less, would be like taking the past of a woman who was raped and saying she was promiscuous, so there's no way she was raped. Or perhaps her "inner circle" was promiscuous. More "evidence" that she gave consent, eh?

Edited by American Woman

Absolutely AM! I can email it to you. Just promise that you won't show anyone else.

Now we just have to wait for her to give up her anonymity and say that the video looks real. People can then decide for themselves whether they believe her or not.

Yes, exactly like that. So now we'll wait for the unanonymous testimony that the video looks real. Until then, you haven't made your point.

Hey, my video is as real as the Ford video. I'll release my video when the other video is released for public viewing. Besides, anonymous sources are a valid part of journalism and protect the lives of people scared of taking on powerful institutions and individuals. Until then, Mulcair needs to resign now! There's no time to wait! This is too important!

Hey, my video is as real as the Ford video.

You need at least one real person (and not an anonymous avatar) to verify they saw it and to say they think it looks real. It would be preferable to have three people, but I'll take just one. Otherwise, no one will believe you.

See how that works now?

You need at least one real person (and not an anonymous avatar) to verify they saw it and to say they think it looks real. It would be preferable to have three people, but I'll take just one. Otherwise, no one will believe you.See how that works now?

Why do I need somebody to say that they THINK it looks real?

Regardless, Mulcair needs to resign now! It's too important. If anything, the Ford obsessed media taught us that the seriousness of the allegations trumps any actual evidence.

Mr. Mulcair, do the right thing and resign now sir.

Why do I need somebody to say that they THINK it looks real?

To help build a case for people to believe you. If you can get three people to watch it and take notes and compare them, that would be better. You might find that there are still some partisan hacks who would never, ever believe a bad thing about their precious Tommy Mulcair, but with some verifiable witnesses, most reasonable people will likely be swayed. Good luck to you.

To help build a case for people to believe you. If you can get three people to watch it and take notes and compare them, that would be better. You might find that there are still some partisan hacks who would never, ever believe a bad thing about their precious Tommy Mulcair, but with some verifiable witnesses, most reasonable people will likely be swayed. Good luck to you.

But if the video is never released, what do the notes of three people have to do with anything? How does that build a case? You mean a legal case? You're joking right? Please say you're joking. I pray that you're joking. Dear God, I hope he's joking.

Regardless, I'll work on getting a few people to take notes and vouch for the video, even though what they say can or will never be coraborrated because the video will never be released. LOL!

Edited by Shady

Their careers are not in jeopardy. At all.

A journalist that reports something this serious and it turns out to be false, worse still that they knew it was false to begin with, would never work in journalism again. They would be a liability, so no one would hire them. That's why their careers are in jeopardy.

Regardless, I'll work on getting a few people to take notes and vouch for the video, even though what they say can or will never be coraborrated because the video will never be released. LOL!

Excellent. Get back to us when you've done that. They can identify themselves and we can all form our own opinions on their credibility. I agree it might be tough to get the die-hard NDPers to believe it, but you know how partisan hacks are, eh?

People believe them because the Star reporters' testimony is made believable by the Gawker writer's testimony, Ford's actions, his inner circle's actions, the police's response, and the photograph of Ford in front of the crackhouse.

Of course this goes ignored. Induction seems to be a bit too difficult for some people around here to understand.

Excellent. Get back to us when you've done that. They can identify themselves and we can all form our own opinions on their credibility. I agree it might be tough to get the die-hard NDPers to believe it, but you know how partisan hacks are, eh?

Ok I will. But you never specified what kind of case was being built.

A journalist that reports something this serious and it turns out to be false, worse still that they knew it was false to begin with, would never work in journalism again. They would be a liability, so no one would hire them. That's why their careers are in jeopardy.

In the Ford situation, the journalists with egg on their faces aren't at risk, because they can fall back to the position of the video did exist, it's just gone now. Nothing can be proven one way or another, which makes this media malpractice even more despicable.

Guest American Woman

How is anyone going to prove they knew it was false? How is anyone going to prove it false without the video? But that aside, they simply say they are not experts, that it looked real to them. Their careers aren't in jeopardy. Not in the least. Regardless of the outcome. You have that much faith in everything journalists say, eh? :blink:

You two still don't get it. It's not simply that a journalist said the video exists. It's that there's corroborating testimony from more than one journalist, as well as the grocery list of other factors that BubberMiley posted. The totality of the evidence has already been pointed out to you that, so quit being so utterly dishonest with this discussion that you would look at one thing and claim that's the point being made. It's not and your total refusal to honestly consider what's being said is obnoxious at best.