Ignatieff Now At Harvard: The True Federal Liberals

What's this I read on the CBC?

The former Liberal leader, in Cambridge, Mass., where he watched Obama on television, was struck by how the president didn't lift the crowd. "That bonding between speaker and audience just wasn't there," Ignatieff, who has given many a speech over the years, observes.
CBC

(A previous version of this CBC report explained that Ignatieff is now teaching at Harvard's Kennedy School.)

So the Conservatives really were accurate in those ads claiming that he was "just visiting".

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google News still has remnants of the original CBC report: Google

Ignatieff, who now teaches at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, says this was "a strongly defined agenda, for not only ...

----

Whatever. Ignatieff is in Cambridge Mass. Harper was right. Ignatieff was "just visiting".

[i frankly think that Ignatieff was a flake, like Ronald Reagan's description of Libya's Muammer Gaddahfi.]

Urban Dictionary: Flake

Edited by August1991

This is somewhat old news, it had been reported a good while ago that he was returning to the US to teach...
It was news to me. And I was surprised to read a CBC report about Obama's inauguration from Ignatieff at Harvard.

What will Trudeau Jnr do when he loses? Become a judge on La Voix?

----

Ignatieff may be a flake - but Trudeau Jnr, the Toronto Star and the English CBC are clueless.

Edited by August1991

So the Conservatives really were accurate in those ads claiming that he was "just visiting".

Quite the political tourist.

That being said, even Trudeau, a died in the wool anti-American, went to Harvard Law School.

He was indeed just Visiting! And how many weeks was he on that lovely accross-canada bus-tour? Paid for by Taxpayer dollars? This guy and the Liberals hood-winked em all! Good for Harper in outing him.... Just took a while for the media to announce this it seems..

Ohh CBC, how coy you are..

Can you provide some proof that Ignatieff's tour was Crown funded, rather than Liberal Party?

It was paid for by ehe Liberal party who (up until Harper changed the rules on October 4th 2011) recieved millions in Tax-Payer dollars (2 dollar per vote Tax-Payer Subsidy).. I didnt say "Crown" (pay attention)... I said TAX-Payer!

Lets just hope he took lots of really nice photos......

Can you provide some proof that Ignatieff's tour was Crown funded, rather than Liberal Party?

A proof is a proof. Is that what you're looking for? Edited by jbg

It was paid for by ehe Liberal party who (up until Harper changed the rules on October 4th 2011) recieved millions in Tax-Payer dollars (2 dollar per vote Tax-Payer Subsidy).. I didnt say "Crown" (pay attention)... I said TAX-Payer!

No sorry, not taxpayer funds.

They used those $2 subsideis on other things. The bus tour was paid by , as you say, the Liberal Party.

So in retrospect - were the "Just Visiting" commercials really "attack ads"? As JBG said - a proof is a proof.

yes - yes, at the time... and in retrospect, they were attack ads; classic Harper Conservative attack ads. Are the thousands of Canadians working abroad... "Canadians of Convenience"... when they return to Canada are they "just visiting"... or does that Harper Conservative labeling only apply should they choose to, once again, work abroad? Just what are the Harper Conservatives rules here, anyway?

No sorry, not taxpayer funds.

They used those $2 subsideis on other things. The bus tour was paid by , as you say, the Liberal Party.

Can you please tell me what the 2-dollar subsidies were used on? You must have the inside track on how the money was NOT used on the bus..

Tax-Payer funded all inclusive road-trip... Gotta love the Libs

Can you please tell me what the 2-dollar subsidies were used on? You must have the inside track on how the money was NOT used on the bus..

Tax-Payer funded all inclusive road-trip... Gotta love the Libs

LOL

So....how would you know they spent it on the bus trip? You answer that one first and then we will get to me.

I didnt say "Crown" (pay attention)... I said TAX-Payer!

"Pay attention"... rolleyes.gif From where do you think the Crown gets money to spend?

I take your point about the party subsidies; but, the parties also got donations aside from those. As well, all parties got such subsidies, meaning any travelling for campaigning, photo-ops, or other party business could be said to have been "paid for" by taxpayers.