Watch the by-election results live!

Sleipnir

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 MPs in Ottawa are going to do something about sewage in Victoria? Do you have any comprehension about how government works?

Apparently not. I thought about that after I'd posted it, but I didn't go back and edit it.

Is the reason the Calgary Riding was so close cuz of the meddling mayor?

nope, I've heard no one complaining about it here, one or two comments on tv and that's about it, I assume the cpc didn't want to draw to much attention to their candidate who didn't want to attend all party debates...criticism of neshi doesn't go very far here he's very popular and doing a great job... Edited by wyly

just my opinion trudeau and mcguinty comments didn't make a difference the liberals never had enough support to win, it was always going to come down to ndp and green supporters flipping their vote behind whichever progressive candidate was infront and it didn't happen...

Let this be the strong message to the NDP!!! They went from 7,000 votes in 2011 (Calgary) and now..... 1,063.... Jack Layton and the NDP "ornage crush" have gone the way of the dinosour... Doo-doo bird, Communism etc,etc, Thats a MASSIVE loss of votes...

In BC, they recieved 14,519 last night!! And in 2011?? 30,679!! The NDP are giving up ground EVERYWHERE!!!

Call it vote splitting or whatever... I for one would rather have the Libs in the number 2 spot for the next 15 years... Seems inevitable now..

Yes, Can i please have another "Orange crush"..... Mine seems to have lost all of its Fizz!!!

Call it vote splitting or whatever... I for one would rather have the Libs in the number 2 spot for the next 15 years... Seems inevitable now..

How does this seem inevitable? The Liberals came in fourth place in Victoria, for example. I agree that the NDP should take this as a sign to tighten up their game but the party that should be feeling encouraged is clearly the Green Party.

Call it vote splitting or whatever... I for one would rather have the Libs in the number 2 spot for the next 15 years. Seems inevitable now

Why? Harper prefers the opposition to be a far more stark choice between his party.

The Liberals can bleed votes off the CPC. Outside of Windsor, The Far North and Downtown Toronto just about all Ontario races are between the Tories and Liberals. A strong Liberal party is bad for the Tories. If the Dippers are the alternate choice centrist liberals might end up voting for us.

Let's hope Trudeau does more embarrassing interviews like the one he did in 2010.

How does this seem inevitable? The Liberals came in fourth place in Victoria, for example. I agree that the NDP should take this as a sign to tighten up their game but the party that should be feeling encouraged is clearly the Green Party.

i think the ndp move toward the middle is leaving the left side of the party find a home in the greens...

Why? Harper prefers the opposition to be a far more stark choice between his party.

The Liberals can bleed votes off the CPC. Outside of Windsor, The Far North and Downtown Toronto just about all Ontario races are between the Tories and Liberals. A strong Liberal party is bad for the Tories. If the Dippers are the alternate choice centrist liberals might end up voting for us.

Let's hope Trudeau does more embarrassing interviews like the one he did in 2010.

The BONUS here is that even with ALL the stupid antics of the Liberals with Justin, Dalton(s) and more, they can still pull votes from the NDP... The NDP lost its "rudder" and seem to be more incompetant than the Liberals.. And I for one would,, lets say if worste came to worste,, would rather see a Liberal come close to power than a spendthrift NDP-er...

The sheer sillyness of the Liberals will only ensure that they stay in 2nd place... And watching this cock-fight between a chicken with no head and a chicken with no wings will be fun for the next 2 Tory Majorities.. The antics of the 2 will only ensure that..

Let this be the strong message to the NDP!!! They went from 7,000 votes in 2011 (Calgary) and now..... 1,063.... Jack Layton and the NDP "ornage crush" have gone the way of the dinosour... Doo-doo bird, Communism etc,etc, Thats a MASSIVE loss of votes...

In BC, they recieved 14,519 last night!! And in 2011?? 30,679!! The NDP are giving up ground EVERYWHERE!!!

Yes, Can i please have another "Orange crush"..... Mine seems to have lost all of its Fizz!!!

Voters don't tend to pay attention to by-elections as opposed to a federal election.

i think the ndp move toward the middle is leaving the left side of the party find a home in the greens...

Tbh, I'm not sure their policies have shifted that much since the death of Layton, who had already moved the party closer to the middle. I think some people might have had an inaccurate impression of what they stood for.

Would have been interesting if the Greens won in Victoria.

Liberals finished fourth in that riding! LOL

Is the reason the Calgary Riding was so close cuz of the meddling mayor?

Ontario CPC support is still strong! 50% for O'Toole Jr.

The CPC only narrowly beat the Liberals in Victoria, and lost significant support.

Edited by Newfoundlander

The CPC only narrowly beat the Liberals in Voctoria, and lost significant support.

WTF is Voctoria? If you mean Victoria, the Dippers won that by a narrow margin and apparently lost huge support. If you're referring to Calgary Centre it was predictable it would be a tight race. I think Alberta is still a rather safe place for Tories.

If as leader, Mulcair can't even hold Victoria, how does anyone think he'll be PM?

It was a Liberal stronghold for many years.... also elected Tories... and, recently, NDP. It has been, by no means, a NDP stronghold for a long time. You should go back and research before posting nonsense.

It was a Liberal stronghold for many years.... also elected Tories... and, recently, NDP. It has been, by no means, a NDP stronghold for a long time. You should go back and research before posting nonsense.

How many riding are "NDP strongholds"? Downtown Toronto used to be Fortress Liberal but now the Dippers are dominating South of Bloor.