Time to shut down the CBC

PIK

They have gone to far this time.

Last week the CBC got its hands on an amateur video produced by some of our soldiers for a comedy night at a military base in Nova Scotia back in 2010.

It was a short, four-minute spoof making fun of Osama Bin Laden’s older brother, “Eugene.”

The CBC says it got this video last month. But it sat on it for weeks, in order to release it as a big, breathless exclusive right before Remembrance Day.

It’s obvious why. It was the CBC’s way of showing what it thinks of our Canadian Forces: That they’re a bunch of racist pigs.

The CBC said the video was an exclusive. But it actually wasn’t. Because the CBC called the military police to come watch the video at the CBC offices. The CBC isn’t just reporting on this “scandal.” It is pitching it to the police, with the implication that the police should lay charges.

MORE-http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/11/12/cbc-smear-campaign-state-broadcasters-attack-on-canadian-forces-no-laughing-matter

But yet in the CBC hotbed Toronto, they skipped reporting a cenotaph getting vandalized (canada will burn praise allah)Now anybody could have done that, but they were that last to say anything a day later. If the CBC was private then who cares .But it is not and now heads must roll.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CBC should be ONLY about news... "Connect with Mark Kelly"? "Power and Politics with Evan Sulomon"? Why am i funding a biased news group/org to the tune of billions of dollars? The CBC can remain, biased media should be eliminated.

Do you wonder why only 6% of Canadian have trust in the Media???? We have 6% trust in what we fund with Taxpayer dollars????? HOW in the HELL does THAT make sense?

Edited by Fletch 27

The CBC should be ONLY about news... "Connect with Mark Kelly"? "Power and Politics with Evan Sulomon"? Why am i funding a biased news group/org to the tune of billions of dollars? The CBC can remain, biased media should be eliminated.

All news is biased. You're funding it because people want it. If you want people to listen to you more than make more reasonable requests as happened on the Ontario Teachers thread. If you're not positive enough to see things from another perspective, at least be sneaky enough to be polite and hide your agenda.

Do you wonder why only 6% of Canadian have trust in the Media???? We have 6% trust in what we fund with Taxpayer dollars????? HOW in the HELL does THAT make sense?

CITE !

the CBC is a bloated pig with biased political reporting and leanings. Why should canadian taxpayers subsidize the CBC wih $1b/yr in tax dolllars in a 1000 channel universe. Thos ewho like/watch the CBC can pay for it. I am so offended by their leftist and anti-canadian attitudes and their secretive refusal to tell us what they are doing with our taxx dollars

Nice try mike but this is undefendable. So don't embarress yourself trying, like others are trying to do now. The CBC has a hidden agenda, not harper. And heads must roll. Think about it mike, a exclusive report but they sit on it till remembrance day.

Edited by PIK

All news is biased. You're funding it because people want it. If you want people to listen to you more than make more reasonable requests as happened on the Ontario Teachers thread. If you're not positive enough to see things from another perspective, at least be sneaky enough to be polite and hide your agenda.

CITE !

SURE !! Have a looky right here Michael!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/harper-among-least-trusted-leaders-poll-shows/article5187774/%3bjsessionid=nTFyQhQf1bccVn0y2kCQvcGQ7TcXQd9g3pnGJJZFGkJwdGRzFQpM!-1726588208/

I will even strip it out for you!

The levels of trust are also low for the Canadian Parliament (17 per cent), political parties (10 per cent) and mass media (6 per cent).

I will accept your appologies now for calling me an "angry idealogue"

Whats with all the name calling in a difference of opinion??

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/harper-among-least-trusted-leaders-poll-shows/article5187774/%3bjsessionid=nTFyQhQf1bccVn0y2kCQvcGQ7TcXQd9g3pnGJJZFGkJwdGRzFQpM!-1726588208/

I will even strip it out for you!

The levels of trust are also low for the Canadian Parliament (17 per cent), political parties (10 per cent) and mass media (6 per cent).

Whats with all the name calling in a difference of opinion??

I betcha he does get not any warning points.lol Edited by PIK

Pik, Please dont "back me up"..... He has cited an agreement to my position as "backing up" and he feels like hes in a ninja-fight....

Well then go start another thread about it and I will stay out of it.

I am a fan of CBC Radio. I wish the TV news was able to present both sides as effectively as the Radio. I personally think that as media seems to push more and more of their corporate owners agenda, that the CBC is becoming more and more important.

I think more attention should be given to improving the CBC to be unbiased, then eliminating it. Maybe the radio is so good because it doesn't need to get advertisers. Maybe the ratings game is why CBC released the story when they did. If so, maybe we should better fund the CBC and push them to become less bias and better represent both sides to the stories.

Well done.

Which part of that are you disputing ? You concurred with the 'angry' part on the Ontario Teachers thread. I will retract my incorrect spelling of idelogue and resubmit for your approval of that. Do you support a rightist agenda ? It seems to me that you do so proudly, so why take offense is my question ?

Well done.

Which part of that are you disputing ? You concurred with the 'angry' part on the Ontario Teachers thread. I will retract my incorrect spelling of idelogue and resubmit for your approval of that. Do you support a rightist agenda ? It seems to me that you do so proudly, so why take offense is my question ?

I support the Middle.. I also support some unions Michael! I do not support the travesties that 2 Unions have commited on Students and taxpayers... OPSEU and the Teachers Union(s).

I dont support a few points that Harper stands for... But he has captured what i call the center.. Thats why he has the Majority..