Anti west slogan on war memorial

Merlin

it would seem that many posters here are trying to downplay the significance of this anti Canadian/anti western slogan that shows a lack of respect fro our war vets. it seems that some here would rather make excuses for this vandalism being on a war memorial than it is to question the motives of the people who placed it there. This is what's important.

it would seem that many posters here are trying to downplay the significance of this anti Canadian/anti western slogan that shows a lack of respect fro our war vets.

Like who?

it seems that some here would rather make excuses for this vandalism being on a war memorial than it is to question the motives of the people who placed it there.

Like who?

Actually, their motives are not important. Vandalism is a crime and I hope if they're caught they are punished as the law allows. I don't care why they did it. I don't care why (Insert potential warning point earner here) are (Insert potential warning point earner here).

I'd like to discuss the original story which is about someone who has defaced a war memorial on Remembrance Day, which is a big deal in this country. We are currently at war with countries that are Muslim so this story should be big news.

Why can be can very big deal. If we can narrow down as to why things are happening then we can avoid these situations in the future.

I'd like to discuss the original story which is about someone who has defaced a war memorial on Remembrance Day, which is a big deal in this country.

Vandalism is vandalism, no matter how you look at it.

We are currently at war with countries that are Muslim so this story should be big news.

Technically we're withdrawing from Afghanistan.

If we can narrow down as to why things are happening then we can avoid these situations in the future.

Such crimes will always occur, it'll never stop. You can minimizes such incidence, but you can never stop it completely.

I'd like to discuss the original story which is about someone who has defaced a war memorial on Remembrance Day, which is a big deal in this country. We are currently at war with countries that are Muslim so this story should be big news.

Why can be can very big deal. If we can narrow down as to why things are happening then we can avoid these situations in the future.

Which Muslim country are we at war with? Terrorism is a country? LOL

it would seem that many posters here are trying to downplay the significance of this anti Canadian/anti western slogan that shows a lack of respect...

With all due respect, feel free to report us to Vic Toews for our temerity - and FYI, it's probably your own significance that's being played down here.

Tell Vic I said hi.

I don't want to be butchered by Islamists. I don't think that it is unreasonable for me to have this fear. I am disabled which makes me an easy target for them to grab me and throw me into a mosque, perform their ritual and cut my head off while filming the whole spectacle.

Not unreasonable? Ask yourself how many times such a thing has occurred in Canada? Or the US? Or any Western country?

We are not "at war" with any country.

We are/were certainly not at war with Afghanistan, but are/were fighting FOR Afghanistan, against Taliban extremists.

We are not "at war" with any country.

We are/were certainly not at war with Afghanistan, but are/were fighting FOR Afghanistan, against Taliban extremists.

That is the same thing to me. At least these Afghan women look at it as being the same thing so will I.

That is the same thing to me. At least these Afghan women look at it as being the same thing so will I.

Are you serious?

Try to inform yourself.

Otherwise your posts are just misinformation and hyperbole, not worth responding to ... kind of like Mr Canada before he was banned.

What Afghan women? The ones who protested Remembrance Day service

and were supported by an elderly veteran while a handful of racist, white men screamed in our faces to "go back to your country."

??

I thought you wanted to talk about the defaced war memorial.

Edited by jacee

It's awful that these women chose a time when we we're honoring our war veterans to disrespect them in this way. It was absolutely disgusting display of disrespect and I could not believe it. They should've done that a day after but I don't expect new comers to have any respect for this country at all since Canada seems to let anyone in now a days. Terrible.

it makes me sad that some people would come to Canada only to scream in veterans faces, some of whom are 80 and 90 years old. These are someones mother, father, grand parents. How would these people like it if they yelled at their parents? I doubt they would like it at all. it truly makes me feel very sad. If I wasn't disabled I would stand up to them too but I am afraid of them knowing my true identity because I know that some people of other cultures are beheading people now a days and I don't want to be on the list. It's scary.

It's awful that these women chose a time when we we're honoring our war veterans to disrespect them in this way. It was absolutely disgusting display of disrespect and I could not believe it. They should've done that a day after but I don't expect new comers to have any respect for this country at all since Canada seems to let anyone in now a days. Terrible.

it makes me sad that some people would come to Canada only to scream in veterans faces, some of whom are 80 and 90 years old. These are someones mother, father, grand parents. How would these people like it if they yelled at their parents? I doubt they would like it at all. it truly makes me feel very sad. If I wasn't disabled I would stand up to them too but I am afraid of them knowing my true identity because I know that some people of other cultures are beheading people now a days and I don't want to be on the list. It's scary.

You're way down the list and beheading hasn't yet reached epidemic proportions in Canada, but we'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile consider asking a vet why we shoulldn't have been in Afghanistan, like the one who stood WITH the Afghan-Canadian women.

We sent our soldiers to lose lives and limbs and minds to protect a pipeline under construction ... ie, to put profits in rich pockets.

Guest American Woman

We sent our soldiers to lose lives and limbs and minds to protect a pipeline under construction ... ie, to put profits in rich pockets.

So how's that pipeline coming along?