CIA Director Petraeus Resigns

Guest American Woman

I agree on that one. And with thousands of emails apparently on tap, no doubt new revelations will be leaked every day. And the goal of those leaks is probably to keep attention away from Benghazi and to assassinate characters before anyone testifies. I hope the general can think several moves ahead and has access to really good lawyers.

Again considering the only reason this is now the story is because of REPUBLICA ERIC CANTER.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again considering the only reason this is now the story is because of REPUBLICA ERIC CANTER.

I'm not so sure on that. The only thing he did was give the information he got to the FBI director. He could have released it to the media, but he didn't. Or do you have something else on this?

Guest Derek L

Cool...I went to "college" with General Allen back in the 70's. He was one of the highest ranking midshipman in his class (U.S. Naval Academy). Very gungy guy who loved the Marine Corps. We were in the same battallion/company. Sorry to see him get caught up in this scandal.

……..And now the would be SACEUR………..lot’s of self inflicted careerocide going on eh? *tinfoil hat* or POTUS is conducting his own “purges” of the General Staff ala Hitler and Stalin……….At least no Admirals have been Hooked yet…….. wink.pngph34r.png

stupid fuss over sex, if they didn't make such a big deal of it then there would no fear of blackmail, the french accept extra affairs as normal so it's not an issue...still the rules don't permit it and he broke that rule regardless how stupid it is he had to quit or be fired...

Guest Derek L

Use to be that command message traffic was for "CO's Eyes Only"....now the whole damn world can read it on Google.

Progress.........Though they haven’t got to the Admirals yet, seems over the last few years a lot of CO’s have been getting sacked for bumping their commands into things……..Though rightfully so, could this be attributed to lesser funds allocated to training? Wonder how that will “improve” under sequestration??? wacko.png

Progress.........Though they haven’t got to the Admirals yet, seems over the last few years a lot of CO’s have been getting sacked for bumping their commands into things……..Though rightfully so, could this be attributed to lesser funds allocated to training? Wonder how that will “improve” under sequestration??? wacko.png

Recently a tin-can CO and some of his wardroom were relieved of their duties after a drunken binge port call in Russia. It's not a new problem though, as I recall one boat skipper losing his command for having a topless stripper dancing on the fairwater planes while coming into port. But these are just field grade commands...things get much more interesting when competing and surviving for flag rank and billets. A sex scandal just seems so stupid compared to what really can go wrong.

Guest Derek L

Recently a tin-can CO and some of his wardroom were relieved of their duties after a drunken binge port call in Russia. It's not a new problem though, as I recall one boat skipper losing his command for having a topless stripper dancing on the fairwater planes while coming into port. But these are just field grade commands...things get much more interesting when competing and surviving for flag rank and billets. A sex scandal just seems so stupid compared to what really can go wrong.

Same thing here………few years back a married CO was boffing one of the junior ranks……….The more things change, the more they stay the same…..and get noticed.

Same thing here………few years back a married CO was boffing one of the junior ranks……….The more things change, the more they stay the same…..and get noticed.

I guess nothing should surprise us anymore after what married Commander-in-Chief Clinton did with an intern in the Oval Office. Maybe the stress just gets to be too much for 'em ! biggrin.png

Guest Derek L

I guess nothing should surprise us anymore after what married Commander-in-Chief Clinton did with an intern in the Oval Office. Maybe the stress just gets to be too much for 'em ! biggrin.png

I attribute it to closing Pubic Subic Bay...........All sorts of stress was blown off their happy.png

I attribute it to closing Pubic Subic Bay...........All sorts of stress was blown off their happy.png

Lots of truth in that observation....some of the things done and seen were not intended for wives or girlfriends back home. Nowadays, even PETA would be after them for using live animals in the show!

I'm not so sure on that. The only thing he did was give the information he got to the FBI director. He could have released it to the media, but he didn't. Or do you have something else on this?

Nope what is being reported is that FBI was done with its investigation and was going to drop it all when Eric Cantor heard about it went crazy demanding to know why he wasn't informed and blew the lid off the whole thing. We never would have heard a word about this if it wasn't for Republicans so you can drop the crazy conspiracy theories already.

Frustrated and concerned that an inquiry into what he thought may be a possible national security breach had not progressed, the agent got in touch with the office of Rep. Dave Reichert, who passed on the information to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.

Cantor said he contacted FBI director Robert Mueller on Oct. 31 and a week later, director of national intelligence James Clapper told Petraeus he needed to resign.

“I don’t know if it would have taken this course without Cantor,” a person close to the investigation said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1286273--david-petraeus-devastated-wife-furious-says-former-spokesman

GET OUT OF THE RIGHT WING BUBBLE! For the love of god please get out and read other news sources.

Guest Derek L

Lots of truth in that observation....some of the things done and seen were not intended for wives or girlfriends back home. Nowadays, even PETA would be after them for using live animals in the show!

Indeed..........The whole Volcano erupting did give it a fitting Sodom and Gomorrah like finale though. laugh.png

Here's some speculation.

It could be that the real dirt has something to do with Petraeus being blackmailed over his initial Benghazi analysis when he made the unfortunate statements about a video being the spark. He could still be under threat of blackmail(Surely in all those emails he's said some pretty embarrassing things that might further damage his marriage, or maybe even evidence of more affairs), unless any testimony forthcoming is not damaging to the administration. But of course what can be proven is another thing.

Like I said earlier, I hope the general is a good chess player and can think several moves ahead.

Here's some speculation.

It could be that the real dirt has something to do with Petraeus being blackmailed over his initial Benghazi analysis when he made the unfortunate statements about a video being the spark. He could still be under threat of blackmail(Surely in all those emails he's said some pretty embarrassing things that might further damage his marriage, or maybe even evidence of more affairs), unless any testimony forthcoming is not damaging to the administration. But of course what can be proven is another thing.

Like I said earlier, I hope the general is a good chess player and can think several moves ahead.

Come on you sound like a crazy person right now. Get out of the rabbit hole and read some real media.