Romney is now Photoshopping his crowds

Dima Otvertchenko · Los Angeles, California

Romney's one of the last toolbags I want to defend, but this "omg they are purposely deceiving people" post is nonsense. It is absolutely a panoramic shot, done poorly - probably on a phone, and the auto-stitching software did the best job it could. Anyone who's ever tried to take one would recognize that.

The "cloned areas" are spots of overlap done by the auto-stich. You can double check this by crossing your eyes -- you'll notice that the angles of the lines are slightly different due to the change of camera angle, and some of the people have moved slightly in between the several pictures.

Most obvious of all -- clearly that's the same vertical column with round base. No person in their right mind on Photoshop would try to double it for no reason only to have it fade up into thin air on top. The double column happened because the auto-stitch software confused the walkway on the left of the column for the concrete border to the right of column. It tried to merge the two together in that center image. That yellow shirt wasn't "cloned in" -- that chap was sitting beside the border (walkway/border in the overlapped image).

Good thread bro.

Edited by CPCFTW

Guest American Woman
Some people who voted for Obama before also don't like Romney, but you know what? They say they'd just pinch their nose and vote for him just so to get rid of Obama.

And some people who aren't that crazy about Obama and also don't like Romney are going to "just pinch their nose" and vote for Obama again because there's no acceptable alternative.

Dima Otvertchenko · Los Angeles, California

Romney's one of the last toolbags I want to defend, but this "omg they are purposely deceiving people" post is nonsense. It is absolutely a panoramic shot, done poorly - probably on a phone, and the auto-stitching software did the best job it could. Anyone who's ever tried to take one would recognize that.

The "cloned areas" are spots of overlap done by the auto-stich. You can double check this by crossing your eyes -- you'll notice that the angles of the lines are slightly different due to the change of camera angle, and some of the people have moved slightly in between the several pictures.

Most obvious of all -- clearly that's the same vertical column with round base. No person in their right mind on Photoshop would try to double it for no reason only to have it fade up into thin air on top. The double column happened because the auto-stitch software confused the walkway on the left of the column for the concrete border to the right of column. It tried to merge the two together in that center image. That yellow shirt wasn't "cloned in" -- that chap was sitting beside the border (walkway/border in the overlapped image).

Good thread bro.

Great so now you are going to get a president who can't even hire someone who will look at a picture before they release it to the Internet. Not much better. Or maybe they did look at the picture because they do look at all the pictures saw it made the crowd look 5 times as big and posted it anyway. I am glad Romney is going to lose.

Edited by punked

And some people who aren't that crazy about Obama and also don't like Romney are going to "just pinch their nose" and vote for Obama again because there's no acceptable alternative.

It's good to see you rewarding a president that stomps all over your constitutional rights. Bravo.

Those will never vote for Romney anyway, no matter what. The ones I'm referring to are those that were in the photo-ops of Obama in 2008 - they were recently revisited by a journalist from our local station here and were interviewed.

Those will never vote for Romney anyway, no matter what. The ones I'm referring to are those that were in the photo-ops of Obama in 2008 - they were recently revisited by a journalist from our local station here and were interviewed.

What about the 20% of Mass that made him governor and now have changed from him? They dont count somehow? They know how Romney would run the country and they have decided on mass he is no Obama. All of them were Romney voters.

Edited by punked

Guest American Woman

Every president who has ever run for re-election has had some people who voted for them the first time not vote for them for a second term - and some of them have gone on to win. It's not unusual that some Obama supporters aren't voting for him this time around. Furthermore, some who voted for McCain in 2008 will be voting for Obama this time around. Again, not unusual.

Every president who has ever run for re-election has had some people who voted for them the first time not vote for them for a second term - and some of them have gone on to win. It's not unusual that some Obama supporters aren't voting for him this time around.

Actually it is. Normally, if a president wins a second terms, its with more votes, more electoral votes, and a wider margin than they won before. If they don't, they usually lose re-election. That's a fact.

Guest American Woman

Actually it is. Normally, if a president wins a second terms, its with more votes, more electoral votes, and a wider margin than they won before. If they don't, they usually lose re-election. That's a fact.

Did you miss the part where some people who voted Republican in 2008 will be voting for Obama this time around? Again. It's all par for the course.

Every election is a new game. It doesn't matter what usually happens.

I know who you choose behind that curtain is nobody's business and please feel free to tell me that... but out of curiosity, a while back you mentioned that you were tipping to O's side. Are you still leaning in that direction?

Guest American Woman

I know who you choose behind that curtain is nobody's business and please feel free to tell me that...

I have no idea why you are being so ... let's just say... defensive. Seriously.

...but out of curiosity, a while back you mentioned that you were tipping to O's side. Are you still leaning in that direction?

I'm no longer leaning ... I definitely will be voting for Obama.

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

Personally, I didn't read it as defensive; I read it as respectful.

As I re-read it, most likely you're right; but in light of her comments to me in the thread I had just finished posting in, that's the way it read to me at the time I responded.....

As I re-read it, most likely you're right; but in light of her comments to me in the thread I had just finished posting in, that's the way it read to me at the time I responded.....

I was trying to be respectful and I don't think I'm being disrespectful in the other forum either. We may have had issues in the past, but I thought our discourse had improved lately.

In any case, it's difficult to know someone's tone in a post, so I'll just assure you - I'm not being disprespectful.

Guest American Woman

I was trying to be respectful and I don't think I'm being disrespectful in the other forum either. We may have had issues in the past, but I thought our discourse had improved lately.

I don't think you're being disrespectful in either thread; "defensive" is what I said - and I still think you are being defensive in the other thread. As for having had issues in the past - I've never had issues with you. Quite frankly, some of your responses to me/about me threw me for a loop.

In any case, it's difficult to know someone's tone in a post, so I'll just assure you - I'm not being disprespectful.

Again, I didn't think you were.

Guest American Woman

Except the time you kept calling me 'sweetie' because you said calling me a 'bitch' would get you suspended and I'm not worth it.

Other than that little hiccup, you're right... sweet as pie. biggrin.png

That was said in response to your accusing me of things I've never said; beliefs I don't hold. And that's what threw me for a loop. But you earned that response. It wasn't me having issues with you. I have no issues with you.