Are people who don't have kids selfish?

Black Dog

The world may not need more human beings, but Western nations do, and the more of them are home made rather than brought in through immigration the better off we're likely to be.

If it doesn't change, we'll just continue self-destruction through importation of people from inferior societies coupled with "multiculturalism".

The whole "world already has too many people" argument sickens me. It is the resigned cry of someone awaiting their own extinction.

I agree. It's not far from Nazi-esque eugenics, in my view. It's a sick left-wing narrative.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...

Yes, becoming a minority threatens any culture. We don't owe anything to "the culture", however. The culture is merely an abstraction, an ideal. What we do owe something to is ourselves. Do you want to live in a world dominated by Chinese or Islamic or African culture? It is a matter of self-interest, depending on one's age, either interest for one's self or for one's children or grandchildren.

But the demographics are too far gone already. People of Western culture won't become a world majority simply by a few more people having kids. The best Western nations can hope, if they see changing demographics as a threat, is to keep those demographics under control at home by reducing and restricting further immigration.

Immigration's not a problem if it's done wisely, and combined with a successful assimilation. The problem is, that's not what's happening.

If it doesn't change, we'll just continue self-destruction through importation of people from inferior societies coupled with "multiculturalism".

I agree. It's not far from Nazi-esque eugenics, in my view. It's a sick left-wing narrative.

Know what is more like Nazi-esque eugenics? Believing in "self-destruction through importation of people from inferior societies."

Know what is more like Nazi-esque eugenics? Believing in "self-destruction through importation of people from inferior societies."

I guess you don't realise that Nazi ideology was racial. Nothing I said was racial. There's a huge difference here which you wish to ignore.

Speaking of "inferior societies" is more "racial" than a Malthusian analysis of overpopulation. But I realize a good Nazi defense is a good offense.

So you don't know what a race is, or by extension, racism. That much was clear from your initial post. I want to thank you for putting on display the left's desperation when it comes to their defence of cultural relativism by throwing around ridiculous accusations of racism from their detractors. The same arguments were advanced by the Nazis, stating that condemnations of Nazism were racist against the "Aryan race", and from the Soviets, who stated that condemnations of communism were racist against "the Russian speaking race". Intelligent people see right through this stupidity.

You're equating "societies" with "races".

Here's some help:

so·ci·e·ty/səˈsīətē/

Noun:

The aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.

The community of people living in a particular region and having shared customs, laws, and organizations.

race/rās/

Noun:

A competition between runners, horses, vehicles, boats, etc., to see which is the fastest in covering a set course.

Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.

Not quite the same thing, are they?

Edited by kraychik

So you don't know what a race is, or by extension, racism. That much was clear from your initial post. I want to thank you for putting on display the left's desperation when it comes to their defence of cultural relativism by throwing around ridiculous accusations of racism from their detractors. The same arguments were advanced by the Nazis, stating that condemnations of Nazism were racist against the "Aryan race", and from the Soviets, who stated that condemnations of communism were racist against "the Russian speaking race". Intelligent people see right through this stupidity.

You're equating "societies" with "races".

Here's some help:

so·ci·e·ty/səˈsīətē/

Noun:

The aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.

The community of people living in a particular region and having shared customs, laws, and organizations.

race/rās/

Noun:

A competition between runners, horses, vehicles, boats, etc., to see which is the fastest in covering a set course.

Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.

Not quite the same thing, are they?

The use of race/racist is overwhelmingly misused. Mostly by people crying racism.

Probably. But I wouldn't think that selfish people would raise very good children and future taxpayers anyway. So, I would think, we're better off leaving the re population of this country to those that actually want to take an active role in parenting.

I agree with you. There is a popular cliche that people who doubt their parental skills would make very good parents. That's just what it is, a cliche. The vast majority of those who think they would make lousy parents are right. They would.

Why does it irritate some people so enormously that not everyone wants children? I wonder what is behind that as after all as long as you agree with your partner on that issue it is really none of anyone else's business.

There are some interesting comments on this thread how people in white rich countries such as Canada or the USA should have children as some sort of a counterweight against immigration from Asia or Latin-America.

And when you retire and you start pulling on CPP and OAS (which typically pay out more than was paid in)?

Link?

What about the tax money that was poured into servicing you as a child, assuming you went to public schools?

That would be the same regardless of my choices to have children or not.

You're not on any moral pedestal with respect to economic productivity via your choice not to have kids.

Maybe, maybe not: you've done a piss poor job of showing it, though.

It's probably a good choice for you, by the way, but don't try to sell it to us as if you're doing Canadians an economic favour.

If one person who would otherwise have a child that would grow up to be like you forgoes that choice, it's a good thing.

Link?

That would be the same regardless of my choices to have children or not.

Maybe, maybe not: you've done a piss poor job of showing it, though.

If one person who would otherwise have a child that would grow up to be like you forgoes that choice, it's a good thing.

Right, better to be a bachelor near forty who plays video games, right? From the perspective of society, you probably did it a favour.

Right, better to be a bachelor near forty who plays video games, right? From the perspective of society, you probably did it a favour.

Obviously you didn't read this thread if you think I'm a bachelor. Sorry, but I'm not on the market and even if I wasn't, you aren't my type. Obese douchebags with goatees do nothing for me.

Edited by Black Dog

Obviously you didn't read this thread if you think I'm a bachelor. Sorry, but I'm not on the market and even if I wasn't, you aren't my type.

Well, considering the poster's avatar (if you click on his profile), it would appear his sexual tastes run in a slightly different, more....controversial direction.

Edited by bleeding heart

Well, considering the poster's avatar (if you click on his profile), it would appear his sexual tastes run in a slightly different, more....controversial direction.

Bestiality you mean? I have heard that Ted Nugent uses every part of the animals he kills ifyouknowhwatimean.

Edited by Black Dog

I also love kraychik's jab at me for playing video games (like really who doesn't these days)?

I did a quick google to see if he uses this particular nom de guerre elsewhere and look what came up. Same name, same posting style, same dude I'd wager. So kraykray are you a CoD or a BF3 man?

"Level 12 rad racer." :)

Yeah.....

He's reinventing himself as he goes along.

Sorta like his man, Nugent.

Edited by bleeding heart