Package sent to Alliance /Tory HQ

The one that they say is in his mind?

I said "alleged".

Police also confirmed that the suspect at large in the gruesome murder and dismemberment once dated Karla Homolka — though in 2007, Magnotta denied he dated the notorious sex killer.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05/31/luka-rocco-magnotta-karla-homolka/

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had read this...

Magnotta has also denied Internet rumours that have tied him romantically to Homolka, who served 12 years in jail for manslaughter.

In an interview with a newspaper reporter in 2007, Magnotta said the unfounded accusations had ruined his life. The article goes on to suggest Magnotta himself may have started or helped spread the rumours.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1203323--who-is-luka-rocco-magnotta?bn=1

Ok, so I might sound a little crazy or paranoid but it might not be just him, there might be someone or a group of people behind him with the intention to make a point to the government and then remove him from the picture.

The studies about paranoia leading to conservative thinking seem to be right on point.

A package containing a "FOOT" was sending to the HQ of the Feds in Ottawa. As one of the comments at the end of the article said someone trying to gt thier "foot" in the door? Or is it the Tory are being warn they are "walking" on dangerous ground? I'm sure there many peeve off Canadians out there after the rules with EI or OAS. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/human-foot-found-suspicious-package-conservative-party-headquarters-191024177.html

re OAS and EI - we have becomea culture of entitlement

And if I did ,I would not find the behavoir that we find today. Cons were not out protesting every decision the libs made, we waited till the election came and thru them out. This behavoir we are seeing now is new, it is all about the spoiled not getting their way anymore.

uuuh isn't that "threw"???

Do you run to mommy every time someone points out your stupid comments?

Hopefully not, for his mother's sake. It appears to me that every comment and post he makes is stupid and thoughtless.

Do you run to mommy every time someone points out your stupid comments?

Most forums aren't interested in allowing people to call a spade a spade. Personally i think that people who make ridiculous comments as those above do a lot more to take away from reasonable discussion then they do to add to it, but if you somehow attribute the stupidity of the comment, or many comments, to the intellect or lack thereof of the individual, you have crossed some sort of civility line. It seems to be a common problem in modern society that some feel the need to protect people from the reality of themselves, it sort of enforces the type of arguing we see in parliament, which everyone claims to dislike.

Imagine a discussion forum where moderators called people on making obviously ridiculous statements, im sure there would be less frustration on the part of more sensible posters, and likely fewer insults.

Imagine a discussion forum where moderators called people on making obviously ridiculous statements, im sure there would be less frustration on the part of more sensible posters, and likely fewer insults.

You are on that forum. Shout out to MH! Although he leans to the left, he has no problem calling out a lefty for ridiculous statements and insults.

re OAS and EI - we have becomea culture of entitlement

Entitlement???? Canadians pay taxes, which go to different items and some of those item are for social programs to be there when Canadians turn 65 and IF you don't NEED those programs, then the government claws it back. It's tax payers money! The Liberals changed the OAS from 67 to 65 because the times showed that seniors were not good financially, so Harper's dislikes anything the Liberals touched is upping it back to 67 when seniors are in worse shape than they were before. The same can be said for EI. ALL workers pay into and its there fore when you lose your job before this gov't is attacking seasonal workers of all types. It came out in the House that there are 180,000 waiting for EI, the processing is very slow and with GM closing next year add another 10,000 being affected, before long Canada will have 2 million unemployed.

Entitlement???? Canadians pay taxes, which go to different items and some of those item are for social programs to be there when Canadians turn 65 and IF you don't NEED those programs, then the government claws it back. It's tax payers money! The Liberals changed the OAS from 67 to 65 because the times showed that seniors were not good financially, so Harper's dislikes anything the Liberals touched is upping it back to 67 when seniors are in worse shape than they were before. The same can be said for EI. ALL workers pay into and its there fore when you lose your job before this gov't is attacking seasonal workers of all types. It came out in the House that there are 180,000 waiting for EI, the processing is very slow and with GM closing next year add another 10,000 being affected, before long Canada will have 2 million unemployed.

EI is employment insurance, not my 4 month vacation pay. All Canadians pay in to EI in order to have that as a fall back option while a % of Canadians use EI year after year and get more out of it then they put in to it. When those GM workers line up for the EI, thats one thing, when someone invests 500 in to EI a year and gets out 3 or 4 thousand a year every year for decades that smells of abuse.

EI is employment insurance, not my 4 month vacation pay. All Canadians pay in to EI in order to have that as a fall back option while a % of Canadians use EI year after year and get more out of it then they put in to it. When those GM workers line up for the EI, thats one thing, when someone invests 500 in to EI a year and gets out 3 or 4 thousand a year every year for decades that smells of abuse.

Like constuction workers that make more then alot of people working 12 months of the year and then get paid by the goverment to go south for the winter. Edited by PIK