Mulcair can't pay off his mortgage

Well, By your reasoning,,,, Harper... who has run MANY more election campaigns.. Should be close to 1.4 Million in debt! Simple fact is that Mulcair can not manage his finances when many others can... WHY is Mulcair the only duck in the pond who's in this situation????

Just thought I'd repost this for all of the Fletches out there who can't see reality or look past their conbot notes...

Well said Moonbox

Edited by Fletch 27

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone paints a portrait of the PM nude: People are too sensitive!!! It's Funny!

Someone finds out the Leader of the Opposition can't pay off his mortgage after 30 years: The reporter is a hack, This is horrible treatment of a public official!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Boges

Well, By your reasoning,,,, Harper... who has run MANY more election campaigns.. Should be close to 1.4 Million in debt! Simple fact is that Mulcair can not manage his finances when many others can... WHY is Mulcair the only duck in the pond who's in this situation????

Simple, Mulcair's done it honestly while Harper's bills get paid by the big oil folks whose bribes he accepts.

You know, like Mulroney and his brown paper bags.

Yeah because big unions don't back Left-wing politicians or anything. :rolleyes:

You might not have noticed but Mulcair's not exactly in the camps of or considered to be a friend of big unions.

He was the last person the true union supporting crowd of NDP supporters wanted to see win control of the party.

REally....

http://www.rwdsu.ca/news_view.php?id=108

You might not have noticed but Mulcair's not exactly in the camps of or considered to be a friend of big unions.

He was the last person the true union supporting crowd of NDP supporters wanted to see win control of the party.

Someone paints a portrait of the PM nude: People are too sensitive!!! It's Funny!

Someone finds out the Leader of the Opposition can't pay off his mortgage after 30 years: The reporter is a hack, This is horrible treatment of a public official!

I don't think that was the actual reaction in either case.

Edited by mentalfloss

There are many legitimate reasons for why a person would refinance their home so often. A homeowner might want to draw on the accumulated equity to remodel, send a child to school, invest in the stock market, buy another home or cottage, or just get a better interest rate.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05/28/ndps-nathan-cullen-defends-thomas-mulcair-after-home-remortgage-revelations/

11 Times? He must have a hell of a lot of children, a hell of a renovation on the go..... Or simply cant manage his finances

He sure did. Apparently he thought something to be true and went out and said it. He took the consequences which lead to his high mortgage but the jury to be honest is still out on if his accusations are right or not. Sometimes though you have to speak the truth you know even though there will be high consequences.

In reality, he smeared the reputation of somebody in public and paid for it. It was not the truth. If it were the truth Mulcair would have demonstrated same and paid nothing.

Now, it is Pat Martins turn.

Oh, and refinancing 11 times in 30 years is not usual at all.

Edited by fellowtraveller

Yes, We should carry his methodology on Finances directly to the Canadian Budget... "I cant pay now but can i have some more money", "I will get to it later"...

In reality, he smeared the reputation of somebody in public and paid for it. It was not the truth. If it were the truth Mulcair would have demonstrated same and paid nothing.

Now, it is Pat Martins turn.

Oh, and refinancing 11 times in 30 years is not usual at all.

Yes, We should carry his methodology on Finances directly to the Canadian Budget... "I cant pay now but can i have some more money", "I will get to it later"...

Such a troll.

Doesn't even undestand what he's talking about.

Even the National Post has an article saying that it could have been legitimately good debt. They aren't typically favourable to left wing (as seen how they always have a picture of lefties that makes them look retarded).

Anyone who actually knows something about business knows that you need money to make money, and he could have mortgaged several times to campaign and further his career. Using debt for investments in ones self is not bad.

Feltch needs a reality check, and to stop suckling desperate propaganda.

Actually, this is the kind of stuff that NDP always jumps on when it comes out. I don't happen to think that it is big deal because it is enjoyable to watch the NDP types flail around in hypocracy.

I can't think of an example of the NDP jumping on something like this, actually. Liberals were behind things like Vikileaks or the fixation on Bruce Carson's dating life.

Such a troll.

Doesn't even undestand what he's talking about.

Even the National Post has an article saying that it could have been legitimately good debt. They aren't typically favourable to left wing (as seen how they always have a picture of lefties that makes them look retarded).

Anyone who actually knows something about business knows that you need money to make money, and he could have mortgaged several times to campaign and further his career. Using debt for investments in ones self is not bad.

Feltch needs a reality check, and to stop suckling desperate propaganda.

yup, I worked for a man who spent $30K just to win a conservative party nomination and he lost...

my financially active bro-in-law has repeatedly leveraged his homes to raise cash for business investments...to many who just have a 9-5 job this is risky beyond comprehension but taking risks is why some of us get very wealthy and most of us slog it out in 9-5 jobs for 40 yrs....

I've lost count of how many different mortgages we've had, paying for investments, kids education, renovations it was all well spent, except maybe for that holiday in france but that was awesome :lol: ...

So is there one conservative out there who was oturaged by Vikileaks, and who supported the government digging into which ISP posted the public information, who is also outraged by this private info being reported?

Not one?

If a Conservative Staffer started up a Twitter Account called TommyLeaks talking about this issue then it'd be an apples to apples comparison.

If the Toronto Star or the CBC found that Rob Ford or Stephen Harper's property was overleveraged they'd have gone to press about it.

Not to mention the majority of Canadians who are also over-leveraged, have tapped most of the equity in their homes through a variety of new credit programs, and have little or no savings.

And I don't want any of those people in charge of the federal budget either.

Here in Ontario, we've seen what an inept, bumbling imbecile of a leader can do to the treasury. In a few short years McGuinty has made Ontario and economic basket case with three times more debt per capita than California -- which is often described as an economic basket case itself, btw.

True financial incompetence would be overleveraging your assets into real estate while we are in a serious bubble. Any financial planner would tell you to broaden your investments rather than keep all your eggs in one inflated basket that is ready to crash any minute.

This is not the United States. We don't get to walk away from our mortgage debt in this country. If the bubble bursts and he finds himself in possession of a $200k house he owes the bank $300k for he doesn't get to just shrug and walk off. He still owes the full amount.

Mulcair's personal finances will become my business when I get to see all the other MPs finances. Until then you are making claims with no evidence. Something a conservative on this very board said is wrong and in this very thread.

I think we SHOULD get to see all the candidates finances. We're electing fiscal managers. Why shouldn't we consider how good they are at managing their own finances?