Syria's violence relentless, crossing borders...

jbg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...this is one of those 'feelings' you get? Gosthacked can't get the country right and all you have is a pack o' smokes and a short length of hose? I could just as easily say YOU'RE arming the rebels. So why are you?

:lol:

Let's get this party started....civil war was always the expectation.

As well, Syria has always been Russia's proxy Warsaw Pact friend of old. US arming the rebels...bah. There's enough Russian gear to arm several armies in the ME.

So...this is one of those 'feelings' you get?

Kind of, but based on history like .. the Iran Contra Affair, supplying the Muhajideen, and Holder's getting grilled on Fast and Furious. We've seen Syria left alone while the US left the Saudis to stomp in Bahrain.

Gosthacked can't get the country right

I used Libya as an example.

and all you have is a pack o' smokes and a short length of hose? I could just as easily say YOU'RE arming the rebels. So why are you?

:lol:

I could be arming the rebels. Then again I could be arming the Assad Regime. Then again you could be talking out of your ass. But aside from the awesome troll factor of the post, it lacks that 'je ne ce quoi' you usually have.

Hope you feel better in the morning.

Fine...then show me the American weapons. Which weapons in particular is the US arming 'the Rebels' with? F-35s? Death Stars? Springfield muskets? Or perhaps it is as your comrade AA suggests: Evil...what? Zionists? Sure, why not...in conjunction with Mossad, the CIA and the AFLCIO....make a backroom deal with the Russians and the Gnomes of Zurich to supply BOTH sides in efforts to destabilize the Middle East in a nefarious plot to...to...to...oh, I don't know...allow the takeover of planet Earth by aliens from Omicron Persei 8.

But Russia IS sending helicopter gunships. That should help...

I cannot fathom how people could criticize Israel over countries using helicopter gunships against their own people.

I cannot fathom how people could criticize Israel over countries using helicopter gunships against their own people.

It is rather telling that there are no flotillas or protests in the streets. But, we both know why.

Fine...then show me the American weapons.

If you were to do this kind of operation of arming rebels, and you were an American, would you supply American made military hardware to these rebels?

If not, why not?

Would you proxy it through another country? Or proxy the purchase of other hardware to supply the rebels? How well would you attempt to cover your tracks as not to be exposed.

The rest of your post is pure bunk, but I will admit that that post definitely has that 'je ne ce quoi' that you espouse all too well.

Edited by GostHacked

Israel has been mentioned exactly twice in this thread up till now: both times by yourself.

One, you're not counting the post directly above mine. And two, I'm pointing out the world's self-defeating hypocrisy. The world would be better off it it followed the West's example of getting down to work. The alternative is massive procreation and butchery.

It is rather telling that there are no flotillas or protests in the streets. But, we both know why.

OH speaking of flotillas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18428785

Israel's state watchdog has criticised Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the navy's interception of a Gaza-bound flotilla which left nine Turkish activists dead and commandos injured.

In a report, the State Comptroller identified "serious shortcomings" in the way decisions were taken by Mr Netanyahu before the May 2010 incident.

The activists were killed in clashes with commandos who boarded the lead flotilla vessel, Mavi Marmara.

Well some of us suspected that something went wrong.

Israel says the blockade is necessary to prevent weapons and ammunition being smuggled to the Gaza Strip, which has been ruled by the Palestinian militant group Hamas since 2007.

Pfff.. Hamas does not rule Gaza, Israel does.

One, you're not counting the post directly above mine.

Correct. I forgot about the neurotic obssessive...also mocking views that aren't in evidence on this thread.

And two, I'm pointing out the world's self-defeating hypocrisy. The world would be better off it it followed the West's example of getting down to work. The alternative is massive procreation and butchery.

I get what you mean, but it's not so simple.

The West shares gladly and exuberantly in mass butchery, if not procreation.

OH speaking of flotillas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18428785

Well some of us suspected that something went wrong.

Pfff.. Hamas does not rule Gaza, Israel does.

You were unaware Israel had left Gaza in 2005 until I informed you. I highly doubt you know anything about who rules anything anywhere.

Well, technically the Americans did supply the Syrians and Druze with about 300 16-inch shells from the USS New Jersey (BB-62), but that was just for Beqaa Valley entertainment.

Meh...it's all the same in the end. Us vs Them. But in the West, some feel they have the luxury of neutrality. Like they'd be spared and allowed to carry on...lol.

Check out the bang sticks in this photo.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/06/13/daniel-pipes-the-case-for-staying-out-of-syria/

Simple token gesture. Now only if they gtfo of the West Bank. But I guess that's for 'security' too. I get it.

If only Poland would gtfo of East Prussia. If only North Viet-Nam would gtfo of South Viet-Nam. I doubt you get it.