Obama vs Romney - POTUS 2012

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are talking about Reagan here right? I seriously don't know which one you are talking about Shady.

No, not Reagan, Obama. He's made everything worse. He's run up more debt in 3 years than Bush did in 8. He's produced record deficits every year he's been in office. Deficits unseen in the history of the country. And he's presided over the weakest recovery in the history of the country as well. Heckuva job Barry! The sad part is that he thinks he's doing a really good job. :lol:

No, not Reagan, Obama. He's made everything worse. He's run up more debt in 3 years than Bush did in 8. He's produced record deficits every year he's been in office. Deficits unseen in the history of the country. And he's presided over the weakest recovery in the history of the country as well. Heckuva job Barry! The sad part is that he thinks he's doing a really good job. :lol:

So would you say he is like Reagan 84 or just like Reagan 84 because I remember those talking points they were Walter Mondale talking points Shady. You guys really don't see it coming do you?

Edited by punked

So would you say he is like Reagan 84 or just like Reagan 84 because I remember those talking points they were Walter Mondale talking points Shady. You guys really don't see it coming do you?

Whatever makes you talk less about Obama vs Romney. :)

Gender Gap!!! Can it be undone... are American women that gullible to accept a moderating attempt?

In the fifth Swing States survey taken since last fall, Obama leads Republican front-runner Mitt Romney 51%-42% among registered voters... The biggest change came among women under 50. In mid-February, just under half of those voters supported Obama. Now more than six in 10 do while Romney's support among them has dropped by 14 points, to 30%. The president leads him 2-1 in this group.

Gender Gap!!! Can it be undone... are American women that gullible to accept a moderating attempt?

In the fifth Swing States survey taken since last fall, Obama leads Republican front-runner Mitt Romney 51%-42% among registered voters... The biggest change came among women under 50. In mid-February, just under half of those voters supported Obama. Now more than six in 10 do while Romney's support among them has dropped by 14 points, to 30%. The president leads him 2-1 in this group.

Show me polls in September. These are meaningless.

But you can't compare the two. At least not fairly. Bush came into office w a record surplus and Obama came in and had to deal with a global economy near collapse.

The recovery has been weak but financial crises generally take longer to bounce back from.

Considering the circumstances I think he's done a good job too. Could it have been better? Of course. But the economy is recovering.

Just out of curiosity, what was the alternative? What would a GOP president have done?

The recovery has been weak but

It's been weak because of his anti-business policies.

Considering the circumstances I think he's done a good job too. Could it have been better? Of course. But the economy is recovering.

The economy is recovering in spite of him, not because of him. Like I said. He's injected more uncertaintly, more anti-business regulation and policy than any modern president. He's made the recovery slower and weaker than it should have been. No, he's doing a terrible job, not a good one.

Just out of curiosity, what was the alternative? What would a GOP president have done?

Just for starters. A targeted stimulus would have been nice. Not piling on thousands of pages of new regulation and new business costs related to Obamacare would have been nice. Not raising taxes would have been nice. Being at least a bit fiscally responsible and not having the US credit rating downgraded would have been nice. Not piling up trillion dollar deficts as far as the eye can see would have been nice. Not racking up more debt in 3 years than Bush did in 8 years would have been nice. Not attacking every industry in the economy would have been nice. Not killing Keystone would have been nice. Not signing an unconstitutional drilling moritorium would have been nice. Not signing financial reforms that give big banks major new advantages over smaller community banks would have been nice. And not shredding the constitution with his government mandate to buy private insurance definitely would have been nice. Those are just off the top of my head. There's probably dozens more that I've forgotten to mention. :)

What's the Mitt hiding?

Romney using ethics exception to limit disclosure of Bain holdings

Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney, whose wealth has become a central issue in the 2012 campaign, has taken advantage of an obscure exception in federal ethics laws to avoid disclosing the nature and extent of his holdings.

By offering a limited description of his assets, Romney has made it difficult to know precisely where his money is invested, whether it is offshore or in controversial companies, or whether those holdings could affect his policies or present any conflicts of interest.

In 48 accounts from Bain Capital, the private equity firm he founded in Boston, Romney declined on his financial disclosure forms to identify the underlying assets, including his holdings in a company that moved U.S. jobs to China and a California firm once owned by Bain that filed for bankruptcy years ago and laid off more than 1,000 workers.

Under pressure, Romney recently released hundreds of pages of tax returns for 2010 and estimated returns for 2011. A comparison of those returns with his federal and state “personal financial disclosure” reports and corporate filings at the SEC revealed dozens of discrepancies – and provided a window into what might emerge if Romney revealed the assets he holds in Bain accounts.

“I don’t know what legal authority exists for the federal ethics office to allow Mitt Romney not to disclose these assets,” said Mitchell, the Republican campaign lawyer. “The statute intends for presidential candidates to publicly disclose underlying assets.”

She said she views the OGE’s exception as a “double standard” that allows very wealthy candidates to avoid disclosure because they are more likely to have their assets in accounts covered by a confidentiality agreement.

I don't know but it was enough stop McCain from picking him for VP. Remember he gave McCain all his tax returns after that McCain went on to pick Palin so whatever it is it makes him worse then Palin.

Yea...and how did that move work out for McCain? Brilliant....

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman

Yet McCain found something in those tax returns which made him choose Palin over Romney. Tells you why Romney is hiding his tax returns.

Where are you getting that from? McCain went with Palin because of Obama's popularity, McCain was lagging behind, notably with women voters, so they needed a candidate that would give an edge to his ticket - a woman.

Edited by American Woman

Where are you getting that from? McCain went with Palin because of Obama's popularity, McCain was lagging behind, notably with women voters, so they needed a candidate that would give an edge to his ticket - a woman.

I would think McCain who he thought was the best candidate for the job which wasn't Romney but only after Romney gave him his tax returns.

Guest American Woman

I would think McCain who he thought was the best candidate for the job which wasn't Romney but only after Romney gave him his tax returns.

McCain went with the person that was thought would give his ticket an edge, as I said. Romney's tax returns had absolutely nothing to do with it. Wanting to win had everything to do with it.

McCain went with the person that was thought would give his ticket an edge, as I said. Romney's tax returns had absolutely nothing to do with it. Wanting to win had everything to do with it.

I guess the only way to settle this is to wait for Romney to release his tax returns as all major presidential candidates have done going all the way back to when his father started the new and bolder form of presidential candidate transparency.

Guest American Woman

I guess the only way to settle this is to wait for Romney to release his tax returns as all major presidential candidates have done going all the way back to when his father started the new and bolder form of presidential candidate transparency.

I'm not defending his tax returns; I'm simply stating that his tax returns weren't a factor in McCain's ultimate VP choice. At any rate, I doubt if he'll be releasing any more of his returns.

I'm not defending his tax returns; I'm simply stating that his tax returns weren't a factor in McCain's ultimate VP choice. At any rate, I doubt if he'll be releasing any more of his returns.

WHHHHAAAAA? Outrages! His own father started this whole thing about presidential transparency everyone does it. He must.