F-35 Purchase

Like Red China? Not long. My advice to you is that you pay attention to that fellow waving the gun. Ignore @ your peril.

So even the US would attack us for not enabling China. Phenomenal.

These little Freudian slips are such wonderful little windows into the minds of the warhawks.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gee I wonder why China needs such a large military. Must be to attack Canada" Conservative posters around here.

In other news.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/india-tests-nuclear-capable-missile-that-can-reach-china/article2407238/

Scenario: It is the year 2031 and China has just set-up a 'research station' on top of a huge natural gas deposit in Canada's former high arctic. Comrade PM Punked today wished his new overlords "good luck" with their research and hopes one day to be allowed to purchase some of the resulting natural gas if China portions out any surpluses.

So even the US would attack us for not enabling China. Phenomenal.

These little Freudian slips are such wonderful little windows into the minds of the warhawks.

America would invade us in a heart-beat if we "changed sides".

Yah yah yah we heard it all with the Russians. They are more armed then we think, they are communists so our numbers don't reflect theirs blah blah blah. Fact was when the dust cleared people that kept saying "our numbers are off they have a more advanced military then we think" were right about one thing. Our numbers were off they had less then our intelligence estimated and people like you were WAAAYYYY OFF. Fool me one.

Scenario: It is the year 2031 and China has just set-up a 'research station' on top of a huge natural gas deposit in Canada's former high arctic. Comrade PM Punked today wished his new overlords "good luck" with their research and hopes one day to be allowed to purchase some of the resulting natural gas if China portions out any surpluses.

I can make stuff up to.

Scenario: China sees Canada as a peaceful nation and rewards with Trillions of dollars for no reason.

See when we play make believe we can do whatever we want.

Edited by punked

Yah yah yah we heard it all with the Russians. They are more armed then we think, they are communists so our numbers don't reflect theirs blah blah blah. Fact was when the dust cleared people that kept saying "our numbers are off they have a more advanced military then we think" were right about one thing. Our numbers were off they had less then our intelligence estimated and people like you were WAAAYYYY OFF. Fool me one.

Ummm...if you push forward on the stick, the airplane goes down, not up.

I can make stuff up to.

Scenario: China sees Canada as a peaceful nation and rewards with Trillions of dollars for no reason.

See when we play make believe we can do whatever we want.

Why are they giving us trillions of dollars?

If that is all you got to support your argument then I rest my case. You making up things in your head and want Canada to spend money because their communists hiding under your bed.

...and no, you don't wind-up the rubber band to make aircraft 'go'.

Guest Derek L

They have global ambitions and don't need an army for them. They are buying up Canada and African resources and I have yet to hear you say boo about that.

Assume you mean the Chinese………Then why are they drastically increasing the expeditionary nature of their military?

Edited by Derek L

Guest Derek L

Don't worry now that India has a missile that deliver a nuke to China maybe another cold war but no more hot war.

The Chinese are currently damming one of the largest fresh water supplies to India………NATO and the Warsaw Pact never went that far……

They have global ambitions and don't need an army for them. They are buying up Canada and African resources and I have yet to hear you say boo about that.

As suspected, you can't read.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=20677&view=findpost&p=788034

Yah I get it. Logic and reason are beyond you, we just need the biggest and newest toys, TAX THE POOR to buy them.

I'm all for trying it your way by disbanding the military, pissing off the Americans and cozying-up to Communist China.

my comment wasn't intended to disparage - most certainly not. I don't agree with the how/where/why of everywhere you've been deployed, but... you need to be paid well, extremely well, when you are there. But, for me, that's also tied into an entirely different discussion in terms of the bigger picture prioritization of spending versus roles for Canada.

Waldo, you've just proven what I thought I was the only one on this board who knew - you DO have a heart!

You are a man unfairly maligned... :rolleyes:

Give me a break. Now the Americans are ransoming us and we have to buy this plane? Some friendship we have.

NORAD is ransom in your view? Interesting. But then, folks like you think that the USA should pick-up the entire tab for Canada's defence like they owe us for something...for being Canadians, I guess.

NORAD is ransom in your view? Interesting. But then, folks like you think that the USA should pick-up the entire tab for Canada's defence like they owe us for something...for being Canadians, I guess.

So now NORAD required we buy these planes? You are making a lot of claims that have no backing you know.

Guest Derek L

So now NORAD required we buy these planes? You are making a lot of claims that have no backing you know.

NORAD requires us to contribute to the continental defence of North America......so yeah.

Read your history, commercial expansion leads to a military capability to protect your interests. The Chinese know this very well from their own experience during the concession days. All the 19th century colonial military intervention in China was a result of Western countries protecting and advancing their commercial interests. They had no interest in actually conquering and occupying the place. Rightly or wrongly, Americans have often been criticized for this. Why would you expect China to be different?