Transgender Discrimination in Canada

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about hermaphrodites?

What about a woman who resembles a man, but hasn't had surgery?

Are we to conclude that your narrow definition of real woman is basically Barbie?

Hermaphrodites as I understand were born with both male & female reproductive organs. You can't exactly call them a natural woman or a natural man.

A woman who resembles a man but hasn't had surgery is still a real woman

Hermaphrodites as I understand were born with both male & female reproductive organs. You can't exactly call them a natural woman or a natural man.

A woman who resembles a man but hasn't had surgery is still a real woman

All I can say is you really need to do some learning on the difference between sex and gender.

All I can say is you really need to do some learning on the difference between sex and gender.

Is that all you have? rofl, okay, even the most liberal Canadian news site CBC commenters are against thus person being in the pageant.. and these people are as liberal in Canada as it gets

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2012/03/26/bc-transgender-miss-universe.html

The top comment

Give me a break here. This girl was born as a guy! He had parts reassigned by surgery. That does not make him into a girl!

If there is going to be a Miss anything Beauty Pageant, then only REAL girls should be allowed to enter!

Just my humble opinion.

Cheers ... Dart

890 thumbs up, 474 thumbs down

Edited by stopstaaron

Black Dog, I think you're trying to be a hardcore leftist just because you thought this is how leftists have to think. You don't want to look like the word you like to throw around so loosely "bigot"

See, you're exactly what is wrong with leftists these days.. I am a left winger, but I am a left winger with my own code, you.., you just go by what you think the other left wingers think, their favourite word is "bigot" too, anyone who doesn't see it the way you do is a "bigot", well that's fine, I think you're trying to look so politically correct so people don't call you a "bigot"

My advice to you is to not go by what you think other people think, be true to yourself. that is all

Is that all you have? rofl, okay, even the most liberal Canadian news site CBC commenters are against thus person being in the pageant.. and these people are as liberal in Canada as it gets

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2012/03/26/bc-transgender-miss-universe.html

The top comment

Give me a break here. This girl was born as a guy! He had parts reassigned by surgery. That does not make him into a girl!

If there is going to be a Miss anything Beauty Pageant, then only REAL girls should be allowed to enter!

Just my humble opinion.

Cheers ... Dart

890 thumbs up, 474 thumbs down

Yes the comment section of news outlets are well known to be bastions of intellectual rigor and progressive thought. :rolleyes:

Black Dog, I think you're trying to be a hardcore leftist just because you thought this is how leftists have to think. You don't want to look like the word you like to throw around so loosely "bigot"

Nope. See, child, some of us have life experience. Some of us actually know trans people and have a tiny shred of sympathy for and understanding of the crap they have to go through just to have the same rights and respect as the rest of us.

See, you're exactly what is wrong with leftists these days.. I am a left winger, but I am a left winger with my own code, you.., you just go by what you think the other left wingers think, their favourite word is "bigot" too, anyone who doesn't see it the way you do is a "bigot", well that's fine, I think you're trying to look so politically correct so people don't call you a "bigot"

No, I'm not trying to "look like' anything. I believe what I believe and I believe when I call you and your ilk bigots is because of your expressions of bigotry and for that reason alone.

My advice to you is to not go by what you think other people think, be true to yourself. that is all

Oh I 'd love to be true to myself right now, but I have received far too many warnings against using profanity.

Edited by Black Dog

Guest American Woman

Where are "Charter Rights" when a girl needs them? Time to lawyer up for a big payday!

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it referred to this: Discrimination against trans travellers

At any rate, I think a person's mental state is likely more important than their physical attributes and considering how complex the human body/brain is, it certainly is conceivable that a person could be born with a mixed identity - the mind saying one thing, the body another. If this woman feels she is a woman and that's what makes her happy, I say good for her - and if surgical alterations aren't allowed, then that should apply to all contestants IMO.

Yes the comment section of news outlets are well known to be bastions of intellectual rigor and progressive thought. :rolleyes:

They are normal people just like you whom are entitled to give their own opinions.

Nope. See, child, some of us have life experience. Some of us actually know trans people and have a tiny shred of sympathy for and understanding of the crap they have to go through just to have the same rights and respect as the rest of us.

There are no "rights" to enter into a beauty pageant, pretty sure that is a privilege

No, I'm not trying to "look like' anything. I believe what I believe and I believe when I call you and your ilk bigots is because of your expressions of bigotry.

Okay, you're allowed to think what you want about me. I'm allowed to think what I want about you :)

They are normal people just like you whom are entitled to give their own opinions.

More often they are braying idiots. Who cares what they think?

There are no "rights" to enter into a beauty pageant, pretty sure that is a privilege

There's a lot more going on here than a beauty pageant. I hope you one day get the chance to meet someone who has struggled with their identity as a trans person in a binary world, see if you're man enough to tell them that the identity they know they are isn't real because they lack the requisite body parts.

Edited by Black Dog

This person wasn't. They were born a male.

So? How many BBWs or women over 40 will be on stage? It's not like you're going to be personally affected by this. In this day and age, so-called beauty contests have to get with the times. Otherwise, they'll be even more lame than usual.