Breaking Bad

Not sure who's keeping up with Season 5.

There are two extraordinary, jaw-dropping episodes of Breaking Bad that, I thought, were just awesome. The season 3 episode "One Minute" where the Salamanca cousins and Hank have a shoot out in a parking lot and "Faceoff" where Gus get's his . . . face taken off.

Last night's episode was probably in my top 3 of Breaking Bad episodes. So well written, the train heist was so suspenseful that you totally forget that we still haven't dealt with the kid on the dirt bike yet. Well he was dealt with. :unsure:

This episode opens a pandora's box of deep dark things our anti-heroes can get into.

I've read this, and I agree. Walt and Lydia are more in-tune with each other than he is with Mike. She might be his excuse to get rid of Mike.

Yes, an amazing episode, really top-notch.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's episode was probably in my top 3 of Breaking Bad episodes. So well written, the train heist was so suspenseful that you totally forget that we still haven't dealt with the kid on the dirt bike yet. Well he was dealt with. :unsure:

I thought the kid was going to stumble on some evdence that would trace back to the boys but then I forgot all about the kid until he made his appearance at the train...did not see that coming :blink::blink: ...
This episode opens a pandora's box of deep dark things our anti-heroes can get into.
will it all catch up to walt in the end?...
I've read this, and I agree. Walt and Lydia are more in-tune with each other than he is with Mike. She might be his excuse to get rid of Mike.
preview for next episode shows mike wanting out...remember Mike telling walt and Jessie if you don't want to get caught don't leave any witnesses? and walt's dislike of paying off Mike's old crew... Edited by wyly

short season 8 episodes, only two left for this year...the next and last 8 episodes to be shown next year...I guess we can expect some dramatic cliffhanger for episode 8...

Well considering there are only two episodes left for this half of the season and the cold opening to this season revealed that Walt buys a large machine gun in just under a year I'm going to assume whatever he has planned ends up working for a year.

I think he might partner with the Phoenix meth guys. But that just puts him in the same situation he was in under Gus Fring so who knows.

I think he's at the point that he doesn't care about his family anymore so he won't mind leaving.

That dinner with Jesse, Skyler and Walt was the most comically uncomfortable things I've ever seen. :lol:

Well considering there are only two episodes left for this half of the season and the cold opening to this season revealed that Walt buys a large machine gun in just under a year I'm going to assume whatever he has planned ends up working for a year.

That was quite the teaser, for sure.

I think he might partner with the Phoenix meth guys. But that just puts him in the same situation he was in under Gus Fring so who knows.

Yeah...maybe under desperation, but otherwise, it's hard to see him abandoning his "Empire" notions.

Vince Gillingham said that it was going to be a story of a high school science teacher that turns into Scarface. He also wanted to see what it would take for the audience to stop siding with Walt. I expect at the end of the film he'll be all "SHAY HULLO TO MAH LEETUL FREN!!!" And blasting away at DEA agents.

Say My Name!

Holy Crap You're Heisenburg.

You're Damn Right I'm Heisenburg.

:D

It's sad that Mike had to die but his baggage was too much for the story to continue without the constant threat of Hank in the background. Even if he was able to leave town Walt would have to arrange 9 separate prison hits.

Mike shoulda hired Saul to deliver the money I suppose. :unsure:

BTW I was right :P

I think he might partner with the Phoenix meth guys.

Next year we'll have a full season of Walt as the kingpin and only Skyler and Jesse are people close enough to him to bring him down. Which is how I predict he'll ultimately be defeated. Either Jesse or Skyler will turn on him.

Then again I think the Ricin Walt hid in his Condo will be meant for Skyler at some point next half-season.

Edited by Boges

It's sad that Mike had to die but his baggage was too much for the story to continue without the constant threat of Hank in the background. Even if he was able to leave town Walt would have to arrange 9 separate prison hits.

the solution to the nine inmates is to threaten their families safety and they'll keep quiet...
Mike shoulda hired Saul to deliver the money I suppose. :unsure:
but then they would've just followed mike to saul and saul to walt...so for the sake of the plot line there is no direct and easy link to walt...

BTW I was right :P

good call...

Seems like clumsy writing to have the reason Hank finally is able to figure out Heisenberg is Walt is that Walt leaves a book given to him by a former co-worker on top of his crapper. :rolleyes:

I guess it shows Walt's hubris but for someone so careful to be caught like that is weird.

Also clumsy writing in having the Neo-Nazi guys mention the killing of bin Laden. This is supposed to be in 2009. They did it last week as well with Sckticky infomercial being shown.

Otherwise that episode was brilliant. The two montages with the Prison hits and the Blue Crystal song were terrific.

I'm going to miss this show for the next several months.

Edited by Boges

• 2 weeks later...

What else is clumsy writing is Walt putting all of this trust into Todd, as well as Todd just so happens to have the right connection to pull off such a complicated hit. Walt just met the kid.

Well he was the obvious option after Jesse quit.

Lydia and Todd both seem to be set up to work well with Walk. I also suspect both won't be too happy that Walt wants out of the biz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

It's back!

Sunday's episode was terrific. I'm really surprised they had the Hank and Walt confrontation in the first episode.

I predict Hank really isn't Walt's main concern. He's enriched so many and now kicked them to the curb they'll be out for blood. Lydia showing up at the car wash is the pre-cursor to this.

The brilliance of this show can be exhibited by the tension of once Hank closed to the garage door combined with the humour of Badger and Skinny Pete talking Star Trek. Also the intrigue of the cold opening making us all perplexed as how it comes to the point where Walt's home is abandoned and his pool is a skate park.

This show has it all.

• 1 month later...

Some of the episodes this season have been really hit and miss. What was great about last night's episode is that it made all the ones that were misses make sense. It completed the circle on every other episode before it. How will it end though? I'm still not really sure and there's only a couple episodes left.

• 2 weeks later...

But the "misses" are significantly better than the "hits" on any other show on television.

Is it that good? I've never seen it, but have recently started watching dramas on TV again, after many years of just using it for sports and British comedy. It seems that in recent years the quality has shot up. "Homeland" and "The Walking Dead" are two that I've enjoyed. Never could get into "Mad Men".

My favourite drama at the moment is the BBC's "Sherlock", but you have to wait so long for so little.

Maybe I'll rent the first couple of seasons of "Breaking Bad" for the winter.